It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tulsi is the dem's Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
They're both military veterans, but anti-war stalwarts. They're both honest and intelligent. They both have soundly bashed opponents in debate.
Like Ron Paul after his 2008 debate, Tulsi's recent debate caused her to became the most researched canidate on Googa searches.
Source

I listened to a CNN broadcast the other day. They spoke of every candidate except Tulsi. Not a word was spoke about her!
At least NPR talked to her. (But later made a snarky comment about her radical "isolationist policies".

You could have lived in a cave on Mars for the last 5 years and still see an agenda here. The current crop of democrat candidates, except for Gabbard, are laughable. The fact that idiots like Beto and Mayor Pete are getting far more support than Tulsi is proof positive of this nefarious plan. Sinister forces are at work here.

Tulsi and Ron

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I like Tulsi, but she still has some flaws that make me skeptical.

While I applaud her foreign policy stance, I question her spending aside from that area.

As it stands, my two main voting issues are going to be foreign policy (with taking care of vets included), and reducing debt.

So far no candidate has given me confidence in all of the above for 2020.

It will be the first election where I'll vote, but humor leaving the presidential section blank.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Not really...

She supports an assault weapon ban.
Link Anyone who served should know the importance of this...

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

The tide of the Dems is shifting almost daily. Now it seems Warren is the natural choice while only a few weeks ago it was Biden. Sanders had a heart attack and that will only accent his ''age'' and '' health'' factor. That second tier group all seem to have not gathered too much steam as the top three have sucked must of the air out of the democrat room.

As this shifting continues, Warren will likely falter and the second tier will gain strength one week at a time, this one then that one then that one over there. Will Gabbard, from the third tier ever get a chance to climb back into this race? I think so.

I like your comparison to Ron Paul. I voted for Paul a number of times and will gladly vote for Gabbard when the time comes.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Not really...

A valid point! But she recently said she'd meet with the NRA prez for discussion.
That's what I like about her, She's not just a knee-jerker like Beto "Gun Grabber" O'Rourke.
Tulsi and the NRA

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

She has flaws when seen from the left, and other flaws when seen from the right. I want a president that is held to scrutiny by both sides, not like what we have now with one side screaming and hollering and the other side genuflecting .

I think that Gabbard can hold enough appeal for those of us who do not insist on having everything our way at the expense of all those other people who are not as smart as ''we'' are. I will not count her out just because I don't like several of her postions. Right now she is running in the back of the pack. Hopefully as the dems turn the far corner and head into the stretch before the convention, she will make her sprint.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Another thing I like about here is just what you said, she meets with Republican strongholds. I like that she does interviews on Fox. She is a brave woman.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Not really...

Kind of puts her in the same category as Mr. Just Take the Guns.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I like Tulsi, but she is with the gun grabbers and seems to have forgotten

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

That includes the 2nd Amendment.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I certainly hear what you're saying.

That's why I try to make sure that my main policy requirements aren't wedge issues (though reduced foreign presence isn't jive with a minority).

Reducing national debt is in everyone's best interest. This can be done without negative impact to the masses.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Not really...

She's gonna have to change that if she wants independent votes.

But the damage may be done if she is viewed as a flip flopper.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Tulsi is a classic politician. She verbally attacked AOC's new green deal ... but then had her own version that was just as bad.
She is a veteran .. but calls an AR-15 "military style" ... it's not.

When you hear her speak she sounds great, but then you look at her actual position on the issues and she is just another progressive.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Not really...

She's gonna have to change that if she wants independent votes.

Then there is her wanting to end all energy except green energy. No nuclear. No fossil fuels. Not only does she want to stop using fossil fuels, she wants to close the entire industry and stop all exports.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Ummm...yup...at the end of the day...she's just another prog with a nice butt...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Her plans are nothing like AOC's loony green new deal. She is talking about a 20-year plan to move away from fossil fuels as much as possible. She believes in peak oil. She also is big on protecting the oceans and coral reefs. Her legislation
seems to me to be sensible. Not radical or extreme.
Gabbart's Working for Sustainable Energy

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I think Tucker Carleson has given her more air time than most others have. She has some qualities that I like, and her foreign policy seems to align closer to my thoughts than most others. Amazingly, she and Trump are very close in that regard. If she would remember that oath she took and align closer to the constitution, she would be too strong to ignore. But I agree, she is getting Ron Pauled.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
CNN not talking about her is a glowing recommendation. Democrats has some damage control coming up as the Trump strikes back. Tulsi is one not too deep in the swamp, I am with stupid on 9/11. When it comes to rebuilding the party you could do worst.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

And this, not saying you specifically here you know, this notion of flip flopping. There is flip flopping and this occurs in individuals who have no real sense of position and just go with the flow of those around them. Kind of la la la la la ok, I'm with you stuff.

But the other side of what is often considered flip flopping is considered flexibility. Call it mutability. A Potus who can compromise from having held both positions on an issue.

I want a president who can grow, not just dig in their heals on what they already believe. While flip flopping has negative connotations, it can also be growth, and that is how I see, or at least what I hope I see in Gabbard.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Speaking to the cold shoulder Tulsi gets from the MSM, I agree.

It's almost like she is non-existent. She may state some great idea many like but the press will puke out something about her Father's conversion therapy. She can walk the walk when it comes to the military but she is a dangerous isolationist and Assad apologist.

Pretty pathetic.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Tulsi's the most sane one of the bunch, but she's still a Democrat...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join