It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historians on Trump: We've never seen anything like this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I browse both CNN and Fox for a few minutes each day to keep up with current events and a long time ago I became fascinated with how each spin to the left and the right no matter what, how there's hundreds of millions of dollars behind each and how they are the literal political pulse of the nation. They favorably or critically write about topics with billions of dollars behind them and the most powerful people in the country and the world.

That's a lot of pressure to keep in line with one direction or the other, even though rather ironically if you turn around 180 degrees to show your back that left becomes right and that they're really not directions at all just names of directions from your perspective, nothing like real directions which are east and west and stay true regardless of position. Anyways..

I read this article on CNN obviously but notice the spin on it. There was plenty of this on Fox during Obama's presidency (he's still a lesser favorite to name drop and refer to but doesn't pull the same amount of views anymore in article titles because it's history and not current) and I'm sure during Clinton's impeachment (I was too young to be interested in following it).

Without further ado, I present for your reading pleasure:

[...]

(CNN) We are historians who have researched every president since George Washington, and we've never seen anything like this.

When Donald Trump got on the phone with the president of Ukraine, he had a "favor" to ask. It's not the first time he's reached out to a world leader for personal gain and he has made it clear he sees nothing at all wrong with it.
In fact, several transcripts of similar cof a president who consistently uses the Oval Office to advance his explicit self-interest seemingly without regard to national interest.

It is rare to get such a real-time look at presidential conversations with foreign leaders. As historians of US foreign relations, collectively we have read many thousands of similar documents from past presidents. We have also listened to audio tapes of conversations between presidents and their international counterparts. In our numerous books on presidents from George Washington to Barack Obama, we have examined how American leaders conduct US foreign policy — the good, bad, and ugly. Nothing really surprises us anymore.Until now.

Trump's documentary record differs dramatically from his predecessors. A worrisome thread runs through each conversation. Trump appears laser-focused on his own fortunes to the exclusion of the national security of the United States. Unfortunately, this is part of a larger and startling pattern of Trump promoting his personal agenda ahead of the nation's interests.

[...]

www.cnn.com...
edit on 3-10-2019 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Oct 3 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

(post by HanyManny removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Key word in the whole piece is the 10th word from start of quote.
edit on 3-10-2019 by PurpleFox because: does that make sense?

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

Keep on keeping on bro/sis...

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
S&F

Keep on keeping on bro/sis...

edit on 3-10-2019 by HanyManny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox
Key word in the whole piece is the 10th word from start of quote.

It's an observation of how ugly and bias each supposed side of the same coin has become. I know most of you don't read CNN and I don't read opinion articles on it or Fox because they're garbage for this very reason. It's an example of the deep.. something, with the knowledge that whether it's dramatically for or against the President depends on who footed the bill for the bias.

It's also a look at how narrow the angle and vision of the most bias becomes, how you'd only enjoy reading it or find it to be a correct assessment of any given thing if you were already for it to the maximum. There's no readers who are undecied or ignorant to it having a eureka moment afterward and forming a strong opinion in favor of it. When you look at it from that perspective, not in it but beside it, you might see how pointless it is, bread and circus for fans, proponents. How laughably wrong it is to you, yet how completely accurate it is to the other half of the citizens of your nation.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Party doesn't matter. It's our fault these politicians in there in the first place.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Wait till some leaked phone calls between Obama and Iran come out 😎 🎱

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

When trump is finally done in 2024, the history books will be rewritten and all 44 presidents before him will be tarnished with black spot of corruption and entanglement with the NWO.
New generations will learn in school of all the atrocities committed on mankind by our bloodthirsty founding fathers and leaders.
All of history will be erased and rewritten.
Under His Eye

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Im sure many presidents have done unknown quid pro quo and banked cash (like Obama giving speeches to walstreet for massive cash after 2nd term), but it is Trump's personality and ego that is really getting him in trouble. Plus the democrats zealot desire to find anything negative on him.

However, at this point, both the left and right seem to be digging into their trenches. Unable to see their own faults. Slowly creating fantasys of a perfect 4-d chess trump, or a belief that impeachment is a divine crusade from God.

I can't see myself voting for this ridiculous far-left or far-right paradigm.
edit on 3-10-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Not religious

Never have been

Hear me out

TRUMP IS A FKING GODSEND

Over and out

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Double
edit on 3-10-2019 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Opps
edit on 3-10-2019 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   

several transcripts of similar cof a president who consistently uses the Oval Office to advance his explicit self-interest seemingly without regard to national interest

Can we have a clearer definition of just what exactly is the difference between self and national interest?

From what I see of Trump, his self interest is to look after the people of America. A lot of bad deals have been ripped up and thrown out that only served a select few. Back to the negotiation table and a fairer deal for all parties involved.

As for some real reporting, why did Trump rip up the Non Nuclear Proliferation Treaty? Could it be because the whole nuclear treaty program was compromised and would not make any real difference anyway? Had it been twisted that much that these treaties where actually supporting the operation of the ratlines?

top topics

join