It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transcript released - WH - No quid pro quo

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gorgonite

originally posted by: NightFlight
a reply to: Gorgonite

Nope, you are wrong. President Trump is not only the Commander In Chief of our military, he is also the chief law enforcement officer, too, A law was broken by Biden and the initial investigation was quashed by Obama. He asked the President of the Ukraine to reopen the investigation to see if there was any real wrong doing. It is what presidents do.

You are trying your best to confirm a bias.

Last time I checked the president of the United States doesn’t control the Ukrainian court system. If he was so concerned with investigating Biden, why didn’t he ask the FBI to investigate him? You know, the branch of law enforcement he actually controls.

Instead he asked Ukraine to work with his personal attorney who does not hold any position in the government. He is asking for Ukraine to investigate Biden and work with his personal attorney. That is against the law.

You have been manipulated. Trump and his cronies have played with your brain. Why aren’t you angry? Where is your self respect?

Show me where the US Federal Bureau of Investigation has an office in Ukraine. We do not enter countries that are our allies and initiate or take over criminal investigations. They are diplomatically handled by the state department on up.
Giulliani is the white house attorney and probably the only attorney that President Trump really trusts.

I really like the democratic way you tried to turn this around. It didn't work...
edit on 9/25/2019 by NightFlight because: tttttt

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: errck if you understand the process then you know this is as close to the transcript as you can get with out listening to the call

link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

He's not asking Ukraine anything, he's letting them know they're no longer being screwed over by our government hindering their issues with Biden, and is offering our support.

Either you didn’t read the transcript or you are actively ignoring the parts you don’t agree with.

Trump clearly directs the Ukrainian President to work with his personal attorney to investigate Biden. If you remember this is exactly what Mueller was looking for with Russia. Evidence that he worked with Russia to get dirt on Hillary. Now we have a transcript showing that behavior with Ukraine.

That is illegal behavior.

At some point you are going to realize you have been fooled. The Trump admin has feed you so many lies that you can’t differentiate lies from the truth anymore. You have been played, manipulated and used, why aren’t you angry?

Bottom line is Trump doesn’t care about you or anyone, he will throw anyone under the bus to keep himself safe. Watch over the next few days I guarantee you Trump will begin throwing people under the bus. If he could throw you under to save his hide, he would.
False.

Clearly you didn't read it either and your opinions are falling on dead ears.

You're too emtionally invested and it won't net you points.

You got nothing.

link   

Trump clearly directs the Ukrainian President to work with his personal attorney to investigate Biden.

that is a lie

The Trump admin has feed you so many lies that you can’t differentiate lies from the truth anymore.

that is just awesome
the only thing true is what you are selling

wow

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: dfnj2015
please point out where specifically?

You have to read in between the lines and see not what was said, but what wasn't.

It's there you will find the truth, this will DESTROY trump.

the fact that there's no evidence speaks of a cover-up!

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: CriticalStinker

What about in 2016 when some people paid foreign entities for dirt on Trump, which lead to a domestic investigation?

Those we people and PACs, not the President of the Unites using the authority of his position and leveraging military aide in exchange for opposition research.

I didn't see anything that looked like Trump said the aid would be off the table if the Ukrainian president didn't help.

To be clear, simply asking Ukraine to work with his personal attorney is a crime. However, according to the whistleblower complaint, the call isn’t the only piece of the puzzle. So, there very well could be another call or communication.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Respectfully, everyone here is expressing their opinions. If you don’t like my opinions, that’s fine, just don’t read my stuff. But unless there is some rule in the terms and conditions I am not aware of, I am allowed to speak my mind just like the rest of you are.

I do think it is telling that you even responded in this way.

Bravo.

I totally and completely disagree with all of your other on-topic comments, but this is truth right here and all that matters. Keep having your say. Others will have theirs. Everyone can express themselves loud and proud. And everyone's words will stand on their own merits.

Good luck and see you around

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

To be clear, simply asking Ukraine to work with his personal attorney is a crime.

what source are you using for that wopper?
please provide it?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: Bone75
Trump thinks he's slick. He reminded the guy 3 times in one paragraph about how much the US does for them, you know... wink wink. But because he didn't come right out and say "do this or we'll stop being good to you", he gets a pass. You guys think he wears a freaking halo and that scares me.

I hate to pop your cherry, but that's the way "diplomacy" has been done for 1000 yrs, if not longer.

So you admit that Trump was putting the squeeze on him, but chose his words carefully to skirt the law?

What specific law? There is no "skirting" the law. Either he broke tne law, or he didn't, and I don't see the evidence here that he did.

If a law is has no clear cut line, and it is open to interpretation, it's not a very good law.

In those circumstances, usually appeals are presented, until the grey area is removed. Sometimes going as far as the SCOTUS.

If you want to make it about pushing the limits of presidential authority, that's fine, but apply the standards, whatever they may be, equally. If you don't like a particular law, then lobby to change it.

At this point, the Dems have cried wolf too many times, when there was no prosecutable offense. Less and less ppl are taking them seriously.

If you want to bring President Trump down, come with facts, and proof, rather than conjecture and wishful thinking.

If the situation isn't a clear violation of the law, Dims should drop it, stop wasting time, and get on with solving the issues that are concerning to average, mainstream Americans.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

To be clear, simply asking Ukraine to work with his personal attorney is a crime.

Source it, prove this.

Name the statute.

List it.

Or be damned forever as a liar.

edit on 25-9-2019 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This all makes sense now. I thought it would, which is why I kept saying be patient.

Somehow (and I don't have all the gory details because I have better things to do than remember them), Hillary and her little email scam got mixed up in Ukraine. There's information in the Ukraine about the fiasco that happened with the 2016 elections and the fake investigations. Now there's a Ukranian President who wants to root out the corruption in his country, and that includes a lot of damaging info on the DNC.

And Trump is open to it.

This has nothing to do with the 2020 elections. This is all about the 2016 elections. This is about rooting out corruption, both in the Ukraine and in the US. Of course the corrupt actors are going to scream to High Heaven! I find it very interesting that Pelosi is suddenly pushing for impeachment, not willing to wait one single day to read the transcripts for herself. A bit dog hollers first.

While I'm here, let me address the claims that this is not a transcript: this is the official record of the phone call. It was transcribed by a group (not just one person) of people in the Situation Room individually, then the individual transcripts were compared to ensure that errors were caught. That's how it's done. This is the document you were looking for.

There was absolutely no quid pro quo in this call. A quid pro quo is when one leader either offers something needed to another country in exchange for a service from that country, or when a leader withholds something needed from another country unless that country does something in return. Joe Biden admitted to (bragged about) a quid pro quo.

Trump offered nothing in this conversation in exchange for anything else. He requested that the President of Ukraine look into allegations of corruption in his country. If anyone has a problem with that, they have a problem with getting rid of corruption, and are thus supporting corruption. The fact that this corruption in the Ukraine likely leads back to our own country does not change that. The fact that one of the DNC candidates for President participated in corrupt activities previously does not change that. Trump is responsible for Trump; he is not responsible for Biden.

I don't think this is really about Biden anyway... Warren is leading him already, even before this mess. I look at who's screaming the loudest... that would be Pelosi, and surprise! Last night I saw a new clip with Hillary Clinton! She crawled out from under her rock for this. There's your two targets.

The Ukrainian President mentioned his new prosecutor would start in September... this month. I think, based on the panic in the DNC, that some serious information was just relayed to the US that implicates some high players. Good. Expose them all. Trump just proved he is the most transparent President in history (again!)... can we get something similar from the rest of the swamp scum?

Of course not.

If the Democrats impeach on the basis of this, they just lost everything. They'd be better off pulling all ads for 2020 and saving their money. Everyone get ready for the Republican filth to rise to the top now, since the Democrats are about to hand them everything.

TheRedneck

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hehe, everyone ignore biden's crime, instead REEE about a nothingburger.

This is why youre viewed as retarded.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

What about in 2016 when some people paid foreign entities for dirt on Trump, which lead to a domestic investigation?

Those we people and PACs, not the President of the Unites using the authority of his position and leveraging military aide in exchange for opposition research.

I didn't see anything that looked like Trump said the aid would be off the table if the Ukrainian president didn't help.

To be clear, simply asking Ukraine to work with his personal attorney is a crime. However, according to the whistleblower complaint, the call isn’t the only piece of the puzzle. So, there very well could be another call or communication.

Standard dim answer. "But there's more that we haven't seen".

The problem is we heard that too many times now, and the "more" never comes.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Trump clearly directs the Ukrainian President to work with his personal attorney to investigate Biden. If you remember this is exactly what Mueller was looking for with Russia

You really , really need to do your own research and not depend on what your neighbor tells you .
You flailin and a failin....

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Source it, prove this.

Name the statute.

List it.

Or be damned forever as a liar.

Look DB, you are spot on with this observation... and I starred you for it..

But I don't want to be associated with someone who is going to make him cry and run up the stairs out of his basement to his momma...

mmirite?

link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

This all makes sense now.

Yes it does.
A lot of that info has passed through here.
Interesting way to get it into the msm.

link   

I suspect there are a few here that are literally here to be a lackey to Trump. We are truly seeing this machine in action. Then there are many who think he is great and refuse to accept that Trump could have done something illegal/unconstitutional.

I was concerned about the cult like following Obama, but it seems like Trump has taken that to the next level. Anything posted critical to Trump is quickly attacked and the source is quickly written off as a liberal propaganda.

To Trump supporters: hypothetically if there is evidence that he did something unconstitutional, illegal, or abused his power; Would you be able to accept that?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: contextual
trump supporters yesterday: Biden is toast.
trump supporters last night: Pelosi is toast.
trump supporters today: erm fox news says it doesn't mention quid pro quo.
trump supporters tonight: ...

For real people, barr is as equally screwed as trump and giuliani, only the best people etc, etc.

So here's an idea.

Beat him in 2020. To do that though, you'll have to sell a platform to independents. And as an independent myself, I haven't seen much of a unified platform other than mouth foaming towards Trump.

Honestly, i would like to say that historically I do not perceive you as an independent. Can you help me and maybe even everyone else by explaining one thing I cannot understand about this situation?

What could possibly be more important than investigating legitimate extortion and abuse of power admitted by an elected official acting in the capacity of the vice president of the united states?

Lets assume Biden is a political enemy of Trump despite that i think this is a vast overstatement, particularly since biden has not even won the primary. Even if he was a political enemy i think its important to ensure that corrupt activity does not return to the Whitehouse to act in the capacity of the president. What is supporting the democrat position where Biden should not be investigated? Simply because he chose to run for president? Does this mean if i extorted someone then I could run for president to avoid prosecution?

ETA i ask you this because you claim to be an independent so maybe you can offer a better explaination than the strictly-party-lines-libs.
edit on 25-9-2019 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Here are a few facts for Democrats. The Hillary Clinton campaign hired a group of former reporters to uncover dirt on their opponents campaign. That firm with the full knowledge of Clinton, the DNC, and the Obama DOJ, hired a former British Intell asset to travel to Russia to utilize the spies foriegn contacts, aka Russians to verify a dossier complied by a group of foreign adversaries.

They then used a former Australian ambassador along with Italians, other Russians to include powerful Oligarchs to attempt a setup of an American citizen only peripherally associated with their opponents campaign and failed, they even gave marked money of 10 grand which is the amount one must declare coming into the country. The FBI was waiting for his return and frantically searched for the money which was in the victims lawyers safe because he felt it was a setup, which it was.

Those are some facts which need to be digested by Democrats, not to mention how Papa Joe as VP made direct threats of with holding military aid if another country did not fire a prosecutor who just so happened to be investigating his son at the time. What the Democrats are guilty of is exactly what they have attempted to accuse the President of. It's a joke and makes them look ridiculously stupid

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Please provide a link to the specific statute, because that is ridiculous.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join