It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reversal of clogged arteries

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I have a cousin who is a nurse, and an expert on nutrition and holistic-type medicine. She's generally anti-drug, but will readily tell you that sometimes they're necessary. She just thinks they're way over prescribed.

She has recommended the Dr Kahn protocol. Joel Kahn is a cardiologist who has compiled a list of foods and nutritional supplements that have been proven to reverse arterial plaque buildup.

It worked incredibly well with one . His arteries are now clean. His cardiologist was 'surprised' at the miraculous improvement, but apparently STILL pooh-poohed the idea that diet and supplements did it.

The supplements are relativley inexpensive. From what I understand, the patient ate a healthy diet and incorporated small amount of raw garlic on a daily basis. Garlic was the mainstay. He also ate avacados and used pomegranite juice. The main supplements were Nattokinase and Bergomot. Also an herb called Centella Asciatica. You can buy this stuff in health food stores or online.

If you investigate, you'll find there are proven studies that tout these supplements. Some of them afre on PubMed. My cousin said you can cycle the supplements, and tweak the protocol for best ressults.

SORRY: My phone's browser is garbage and won't let me edit this page!

edit on 17-9-2019 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I must say normally on ATS I read stuff in this forum then spend pages trying to explain how this wonder cure is utter bollocks but in this case after having read the article and taking a look over the referencing for it, it looks like reasonable advice. Its nothing massively knew its been generally accepted for a long time that a health diet is key to good cardiovascular health but the studies looking as specific foods and their benefits is interesting and could be of benefit to patients. I would caution though that going off your statins to have some raw garlic in the morning is probably ill advised unless done under medical supervision and its pretty pointless if you do all that then wash it down with a glass of Soda and have some fried chicken for lunch. I would also caution that this guy is clearly trying to sell a dietary plan and it might be a good one but I think that needs to be remembered.

Nice thread OP.
edit on 17-9-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I would caution though that going off your statins to have some raw garlic in the morning

Yeah, me too - I'd just urge everyone to get off their statins period, because they are extremely bad for you.

All they do is lower cholesterol, but they do so unnaturally, and increase your chances of having a heart attack.

Cholesterol is required for good health, please ignore the myth that high cholesterol is bad for you.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Lecithin is what you need to take to clear/reduce cholesterol, but you also need to take Selenium to get the Lecithin to do what it needs to do. I have clients who have followed thos protocol for 4-6 weeks with a marked reduction in the 'bad' cholesterol

Statins are evil medication

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I would caution though that going off your statins to have some raw garlic in the morning

Yeah, me too - I'd just urge everyone to get off their statins period, because they are extremely bad for you.

All they do is lower cholesterol, but they do so unnaturally, and increase your chances of having a heart attack.

Cholesterol is required for good health, please ignore the myth that high cholesterol is bad for you.

Most doctors are prescribing Statins using OLD STUDIES.... from the 70's and 80's. Studies have now found that insulin response from bad carbohydrates/sugar is what works in conjunction with high BAD cholesterol to negatively effect your heart and veins. Otherwise all eskimos would be dead. think about it. they have a mainly meat high fat diet.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: daboxfan
Most doctors are prescribing Statins using OLD STUDIES.... from the 70's and 80's. Studies have now found that insulin response from bad carbohydrates/sugar is what works in conjunction with high BAD cholesterol to negatively effect your heart and veins. Otherwise all eskimos would be dead. think about it. they have a mainly meat high fat diet.

Actually, from everything I've read, it is inflammation that is the cause of most 'old age' type diseases.

In the case of atherosclerosis, eliminate inflammation, and the cholesterol won't stick to the artery wall.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Natto
&
Serra
any good?

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: letni
Natto
&
Serra
any good?

Am researching them both as we type. There are people who claim serrapeptase has cured major inflammation issues, and
yes, you can mix it with Natto. They sell supps containing both. It would definitley take some experimenting to find what works for the individual. My cousin (the nutrition expert) says it's absolutely critical that you cycle this stuff. Don't take it every day for extended periods.

Almost sounds too good to be true:

edit on 17-9-2019 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Sounds like a match made in heaven, indeed.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: letni
Natto
&
Serra
any good?

Natto is good because of vitamine K2. Most people don't get enough K2 in their diet.

Vitamine K2 activates an enzyme which puts calcium (inside your bloodstream) where it should go, namely in your bones and teeth.
Without (enough) K2 calcium may build up in your blood vessels and increasing blood pressure and may even be a cause of a hearth attack.

It's best if you take vitamin D3 in high amounts (5.000 or 10.000 IU) and 100 mcg vitamine k2 each day. With vitamine d3 calcium will be 20x better absorbed. Don't take calcium supplements.
Also take some magnesium.. which relaxes your muscles and blood vessels and from which you also mostly never get enough of it in your daily diet.

It's 'funny' doctors often tell older people to take extra calcium (for stronger bones) which may build up in their blood vessels as plague and increasing blood pressure and or even kill them because of that advice!

edit on 17-9-2019 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Yep.

The worst I've seen is hoards of people gorging on animal and dairy fats to supposedly reduce inflammation in the arterial linings.

The ones that do this are like 24/7 PMS and besides either overweight or underweight, seem to have classic signs of toxin buildup.

Guess they don't realize animal fats today are saturated with exogenous hormones, pesticides, etc.

Worst yet they swear liver is where all the toxins go, not fat.

Au contraire.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Everybody has their own great plan to beat all manner of disease with various kinds of witchcraft brews, concoctions and treatments.

And yet people just get sick and die anyway.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If you want to clear your arteries, grapefruit will do it. Make sure not to be doing too much of it though, it has the ability to take the crud off pretty fast and overindulgence can cause more harm than good. Oranges do not have the same chemistries, they are not as good as grapefruit but then again, grapefruit does mess up medications if you take them. It also messes with some enzymes but I have never had a problem with grapefruit, but it has to be the actual grapefruit, grapefruit juice might not be as good.

I get a craving for grapefruit every now and then. Onions and garlic also have chemicals that reduce artery plaques. There are quite a few foods that help reduce artery problems. Some supplements also help.

Since I cannot yet explain a safe way to do reduce the artheriosis, I usually do not suggest it, people tend to go overboard with things. Usually just moderate changes to diet can fix the problem slowly. I do not like Statins, they have way too many side effects and I know lots of people who had to give them up because of those side effects.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Ill definitely have to read it more later. I can't do the garlic though, that's bad breath and body odor the whole day...

I wonder if using other forms of chelation, like activated charcoal, will help? Or maybe that strips nutrients too much.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

Natto is boiled and fermented soybeans? Is tempeh the same thing or is it a specific type of bacteria they put in it? Or did my search for natto come up wrong?

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
If you want to clear your arteries, grapefruit will do it. Make sure not to be doing too much of it though, it has the ability to take the crud off pretty fast and overindulgence can cause more harm than good. Oranges do not have the same chemistries, they are not as good as grapefruit but then again, grapefruit does mess up medications if you take them. It also messes with some enzymes but I have never had a problem with grapefruit, but it has to be the actual grapefruit, grapefruit juice might not be as good.

I get a craving for grapefruit every now and then. Onions and garlic also have chemicals that reduce artery plaques. There are quite a few foods that help reduce artery problems. Some supplements also help.

Since I cannot yet explain a safe way to do reduce the artheriosis, I usually do not suggest it, people tend to go overboard with things. Usually just moderate changes to diet can fix the problem slowly. I do not like Statins, they have way too many side effects and I know lots of people who had to give them up because of those side effects.

....and as people who are on statins now....DO NOT EAT GRAPEFRUIT OR DRINK GRAPEFRUIT JUICE!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I guess Atorvistatin is a statin so I can't do grapefruit. Damn, that sucks. I'll take any help I can get as the pain is immense and gabapentin only does so much for the pain. Clots suck, that I can assure you. Hopefully the veno gram - I believe I have that right - will happen soon. I'm just waiting for insurance to approve it then it's a go.

Wish I hadn't screwed myself up so bad but it's my bed, I peed in it and still have to sleep in it. I just have to deal with it as best as I can.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

originally posted by: rickymouse

....and as people who are on statins now....DO NOT EAT GRAPEFRUIT OR DRINK GRAPEFRUIT JUICE!

Rainbows
Jane

Well, yeah, you don't want to OD on the statins, grapefruit inhibits and promotes some enzymes which is what their meds do too. I would never voluntarily go on any statin drug. I will eat the mushrooms that contain levostatin though, I think they were the oyster mushrooms. But most mushrooms have that property, I bet that if you were on levostatin there is a warning about eating oyster mushrooms. Statins lower cholesterol but the evidence that it unclogs the arteries is not very good, that is why I did not even mention oysters in this thread.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
K2 is also found in Brie, and some other fermented/cultured foods. It also actually reversed the hardening of arteries as well. Great for smokers/ex smokers, diabetics etc.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a French doc was telling me he injects himself yearly with phospatidlcholine + deoxycholine which works like 'drano' in the veins and arteries, and that its a popular treatment in Europe among the elite to live longer (along with multiple heart transplants).

anyone knows how it works?!

<<   2 >>

join