It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Stops Buying US Agricultural Products Entirely

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
modernfarmer.com... yRjpY

The latest escalation of the Trump-China trade war has led to an iron door slamming shut. On Tuesday, the Chinese Commerce Ministry announced that China will no longer be buying American agricultural products, a decision with huge, wide-ranging implications. Zippy Duvall, president of the normally conservative-leaning American Farm Bureau, called the decision a “body blow” to American agriculture.

trumps trade war just got real. Keep your eyes on the stock market; this could have disastrous consequences.
edit on Tue Sep 10 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It's Sept 10, this is old news. Get with the times dude.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

The latest escalation of the Trump-China trade war has led to an iron door slamming shut. On Tuesday, the Chinese Commerce Ministry announced that China will no longer be buying American agricultural products, a decision with huge, wide-ranging implications. Zippy Duvall, president of the normally conservative-leaning American Farm Bureau, called the decision a “body blow” to American agriculture.

trumps trade war just got real. Keep your eyes on the stock market; this could have disastrous consequences.

Fine. We need to stop buying cheap sh*t from China. Bring all those jobs back home.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
We should support Hong Kong in their efforts then.
Then make deals with Hong Kong and Taiwan to only buy food from us.
See how China likes that move.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Article dated: Aug 7th 😃

and ...

Neither The Chinese Commerce Ministry or the American Farm Bureau websites have anything about this ?? 😃

Could be old sensationalized fake news.

And, the Dow30 is up since this masterpiece "announcement".

edit on Sep-10-2019 by xuenchen because: 🐇 🍌

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Good. There are numerous developing nations that would be more than happy to produce cheap plastic # that breaks. China is irrelevant to the US. I would rather see US dollars going to subsidize US farms than be sent to China.

China can’t win. All they can do is kick themselves and push their economy back 40 years which will immediately remove any possible threat they impose on the US from a financial or military standpoint.

edit on 10-9-2019 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2019 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Not current events... Soy will take a big hit... For the rest, we actually import more pork than we export to China last I checked. They don't have anymore cards to play. They can't match tariffs or even embargo on a 1:1 basis because of the giant trade imbalance. Chinese trade with the US has contracted compared to last year, but they still hold a massive imbalance. They'd have to tariff at approximately 100% to meet a 20% US tariff. It's all about trying to find pain to leverage. If we continue using portions of the tariff money to prop up ag short-term, it mitigates the pain. Just have to hold out past the corporate lobbysits who love the profit margin from cheap labour in China. The rest is preordained with those kind of numbers. The only question is when and how China buckles.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well, this is unexpected. I figured China would hold out longer than this.

This is an act of desperation. Anyone who understood commerce knew this move would come. It's inevitable. It's also the last step before implementing fair trade relations. If China had any alternatives, they would have simply stayed their course and let the tariffs pull our economy down. Instead, they have tried their last Hail Mary this fast.

They may try one more trick, but I doubt it, and that would be to stop all exports to the US. That is a suicidal move, though, and I highly doubt China will take it.

Well played, President Trump!

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Breaking News !! (from Aug 22nd)

China Buys American Soybeans after Vowing to Boycott U.S. Farm Products

😎

I wonder how China feels being in a fight they know they can’t win? They are in a fight for the future of their economy but we hold all the cards. They must be hoping for Bought and paid for Biden to win and return the billion dollar favor.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Fine. We need to stop buying cheap sh*t from China. Bring all those jobs back home.

Lol you wanna spend 6 grand on your next iPhone?

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Then again, since it DIDN'T, maybe it won't.

Nice try with the Trump doom though.
edit on 9 10 2019 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

It's Sept 10, this is old news. Get with the times dude.

link   

😎

Whelp, so much for this thread. Guess it was Olarus turn for an Anti-Trump thread, who's next up y'all think?

I mean, it's all good, the old bull op had a Biden moment and thought, Sept 7. That rocking chair looking real good right about now, eh?
edit on 10-9-2019 by Arnie123 because: Funnsies

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Making things fair with China was never going to be easy. That's why no one did it and we are in the mess we are in today. China will blink, they have to, they need it more than we do.
edit on 10-9-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

Fine by me. I wouldn't take an iPhone if it were given to me with a $100 bill. Ill stick to the ones made in our Allied nations like phones from Samsung. Apple has been overpriced as it is for years and they seem to pander to the narcissist of this world. In fact, I wouldn't shed a tear if Apple declared bankruptcy and dissolved. Google and Facebook too for that matter.

We have options and all are better than anything manufactured in China.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

😎

Whelp, so much for this thread. Guess it was Olarus turn for an Anti-Trump thread, who's next up y'all think?

I mean, it's all good, the old bull op had a Biden moment and thought, Sept 7. That rocking chair looking real good right about now, eh?

SIlly or Clubfoot Joe will be up to bat soon Im sure. I wonder what Chinese products they will have to go without?

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

It can be 50 grand, never bought one, never will.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I haven't owned an Iphone since like their first model... been on a Samsung the last few iterations. I don't buy phones every year. Currently using a S7 Edge.. Works great.

I'd be more than happy to pay a little more to keep jobs locally.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Your posts are just too reasonable.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join