It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting a Man on 5th Ave: A Short Open Letter to President Donald Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
In 2016 I voted for you for two main reasons, number one was the preservation and protection of the Second Amendment. Number two is the investigation and prosecution of Deep State actors who criminally abused the system. With all the evidence against people like James Comey and Andrew McCabe, I would have believed that a reasonable prosecutor would actually prosecute a crime.

Your Justice Department, headed by Bill Barr, has declined to prosecute James Comey and McCabe is on CNN living life like it couldn't be better for one who engaged in a soft coup against a sitting US president.

Figuratively shooting a man on 5th Ave. is considerably less egregious than literally killing a nation and rule of law through inaction against traitors who believe they are owed power. Mr. President, YOU CAN LOSE OUR SUPPORT. If there is no movement on the prosecution of members of the swamp then I will abandon support for you, Mr. President. I will urge others to do the same if you don't keep your most important promise of all, to DRAIN THE SWAMP.

Signed,

A Concerned American who just wants to #MAGA!

edit on 8 29 2019 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It does leave us in a quandary.

Do we abandon the Republic to it's fate in the hands of the authoritarian leftist clown show.

Or continue to support an administration that is failing to hold accountable those who flout and abuse justice and the rule of law?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
These guys need to be prosecuted along with all the other scum. Can you imagine the outrage across the U.S if all these deep state criminals aren't prosecuted???

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

We are caught between a rock and a hard place. I certainly won't resign the nation to leftist nonsense. But beyond that, I don't know that any patriot American can be said to have an ally in Washington if Trump is willing to let the criminals walk.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I honestly think that the bigger thing is FISA abuse, and that is where they will be nailed.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I gambled on him because he really seemed like he'd challenge the status quo. I've yet to see that in the areas I really want to see it done, mainly his promise to address the national debt. The other areas are using our troops for other countries agendas, starting work on the infrastructure, and reforming the political landscape in regards to holding corrupt individuals responsible.

He still has time to prove me wrong, but as I see it now, he is the rights version of Obama... Perfectly pandering to the "hope and change" his base wanted, while keeping business as usual. The one exception I will say, is Trump did do a great job addressing the VA, but we still have a ways to go.

While I still think this is better than the alternative we were faced with, I'm not happy. We have a lot of things that need to be addressed before things start to really deteriorate.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: watchitburn

We are caught between a rock and a hard place. I certainly won't resign the nation to leftist nonsense. But beyond that, I don't know that any patriot American can be said to have an ally in Washington if Trump is willing to let the criminals walk.

Perhaps there Is something to be said for...

“honor among thieves”?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Let's all chant...Lock her up, Lock her up, Lock her up,

Still no indictments from Barr or any-other of trumps hand picked AGs.
edit on 29-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

You make a valid point. I would like to elaborate, but you have pretty much captured my sentiments (toss in a dash of Epstein case dismissal flabbergasting). I will concur and save folks further diatribe.
edit on 29-8-2019 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Supposedly the other investigations still continue.

But seeing what happened in 08' coupled with the circumstances allowing his death to take place before the actual trial... I'm not too hopeful.

Our wheels are spinning as a nation. We have yet to make any strides in quite a while... But there always seems to be a "bombshell" around every corner to satisfy both sides while nothing ever comes of it. It's like the social landscape just has enough dopamine hits to keep people at bay.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxnIf it matters Proj, you have re-instilled my appreciation of many here who have in the past supported this president. His claims that he was going to drain the swamp should have been hailed by all on the right and the left.

Though it may surprise many here there are some of us who are not strictly conservative who want to see the swamp drained as well as those who hope for this from the right. I think that a major difference is that while many on the right put their hope in Trump to do this, many of us never believed that this was anything more than an empty promise he was making to his supporters.

While I cannot speak for others, I at least have no desire to change anyone's belief systems, those should be held onto as they help to keep our nation balanced. What I do do though is encourage you to continue to evaluate this man on the big sweeping promises he has made and either hold him to account or abandon him in favor or a more substantive conservative leader instead of the fraud many of us see him to be.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

One bright side I saw leading up to 2016 is that both parties showed a populist interest in getting someone who would challenge the status quo. Bernie, and Trump.

I still think that most of the nation truly wants good productive change, and while many disagree with how we accomplish that, I am hopeful it may happen in my lifetime. Their tricks of distraction will only work for so long before people wise up to it.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

While I still think this is better than the alternative we were faced with, I'm not happy. We have a lot of things that need to be addressed before things start to really deteriorate.

Though I am not sure that he was better than Clinton and her machine I can admit that his presidency has offered us a much deeper look into some of the major problems we face as a nation which a Clinton presidency would not have highlighted.

I have never been sure that there is a dramatic difference between many of us on both the right and the left who can see that the direction we have been taking as a nation is not sustainable, and that I think, is and should be our goal. Sustainability. Sustaining ourselves with conservatism holding ourselves to established mores and principles while at the same time allowing for more liberal perspectives to help us to deal with changes in our ecology and environment that are constantly demanding that we change with them.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinkernI supported Bernie for that reason. He above all others in that party challenged the status quo. I don't know as he would have made a better president than Trump and likely would have had us as torn as we are now.

But as I suggested in that other post, what I think we need at this point is for those us us on both sides who have seen through the illusions of the status quo to work together to find a leader that can first pull us back together and two, who offers enough of both sides for both sides to learn to trust the instincts of the other. It can be done.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I didn't write this to pass judgement on the President. I wrote this because I want him to do better. I am not yet unhappy with President Trump's administration. He has a Congress to deal with, one chamber of which is hostile to him and a politicized judiciary.

But the criminal prosecution of deep state actors should be a fair bit EASY for him considering how much evidence is available. The refusals to prosecute are an awful move.

Some say that it is just another example of 4D chess. But I won't hold my breath to see handcuffs on people who actually committed treason. Certainly not from Barr.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: projectvxnIf it matters Proj, you have re-instilled my appreciation of many here who have in the past supported this president. His claims that he was going to drain the swamp should have been hailed by all on the right and the left.

Though it may surprise many here there are some of us who are not strictly conservative who want to see the swamp drained as well as those who hope for this from the right. I think that a major difference is that while many on the right put their hope in Trump to do this, many of us never believed that this was anything more than an empty promise he was making to his supporters.

While I cannot speak for others, I at least have no desire to change anyone's belief systems, those should be held onto as they help to keep our nation balanced. What I do do though is encourage you to continue to evaluate this man on the big sweeping promises he has made and either hold him to account or abandon him in favor or a more substantive conservative leader instead of the fraud many of us see him to be.

If there was ever a post that I 100% agreed with in all aspects, it would be what you just wrote.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

They declined to prosecute Comey and Macabe. The DOJ didn’t say they would never prosecute them . If they put them on trial now. They would have to grant discovery to the defense lawyers. That would ( definitely ) compromise prosecution on their bigger crimes with longer penalties .

If Barr declines prosecution over FISA and Trump doesn’t make him. ( which he can )

He will lose a lot of his base which will calls him the election. Everyone in his administration knows that .

I have no doubt in my mind that they will not get off Scott free .

My position is DON’T PANIC. The wheels of justice can turn slowly but when they do it can be worth the wait .
edit on 29-8-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

But as I suggested in that other post, what I think we need at this point is for those us us on both sides who have seen through the illusions of the status quo to work together to find a leader that can first pull us back together and two, who offers enough of both sides for both sides to learn to trust the instincts of the other. It can be done.

I think we need an independent candidate who can find things that both sides are willing to work together on. If they can accomplish some of those things in their first term, maybe they could use their second to navigate the trickier line items once trust has been formed.

As I see it, even if we have a president who does all the wishes for one side, all it will take is for the other to get back into power and reverse or negate it with their own agenda. We've had a constant tit for tat 1 step forward, two steps backwards going through previous administrations. Unfortunately, the only thing they can agree on is (expensive) foreign policy, and allowing lobbyism and large donations to have more pull on politicians than the wants and needs of individual citizens.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I didn't write this to pass judgement on the President. I wrote this because I want him to do better. I am not yet unhappy with President Trump's administration. He has a Congress to deal with, one chamber of which is hostile to him and a politicized judiciary.

But the criminal prosecution of deep state actors should be a fair bit EASY for him considering how much evidence is available. The refusals to prosecute are an awful move.

Some say that it is just another example of 4D chess. But I won't hold my breath to see handcuffs on people who actually committed treason. Certainly not from Barr.

I very much agree with your sentiment here. Comey should be in jail, along with McCabe and many others who used lies and counter intelligence assets to try and remove a President. Be careful of snakes on the left, though. They will take your reasonable approach to assessing the good and bad of the President as an invitation to try and indoctrinate you. The left can never be believed or trusted. Ever.

Ironically, this is one of Trump's failings. He tries to get on with them when he should be instructing Barr to take a strict view. I am reminded of the poem The Snake that Trump read during the election... he's taken a few snakes and let them get close to him.. instead of being ruthless. They have tried to bite him time and again. So far they have failed, but it's only a matter of time before the snake gets a fatal bite in.
edit on 29/8/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

yeah, but are you so mad about it you would vote for a democrat?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join