It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I guess Obama opened the door to take down the Democratic party. . .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   
www.politico.com...

It's seems President Obama started his own organization outside of the DNC. This has lead to new rules for the primary hopefuls to not start organizations for their own agenda.

Organizing for Action, the political group that grew out of Obama's first presidential run, decentralized power from the DNC by building a parallel infrastructure that competed for donors. It was a move that many state party chairs loathed, and in the years since have faulted for Democrats' losses at the gubernatorial and statehouse level.

We are often the means for our own demise, is something that comes to mind when thinking about this.

For me, having the candidates start their own movement is not a bad thing. But I do recognize how that hurts the DNC.

I'm not a big fan of political parties as a whole, as such I will support each individual to share their platform.
I do recognize some views are more destructive to society than others.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

President Trump said, "Never interfere with an enemy who is in the process of self-destruction"

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

President Trump said, "Never interfere with an enemy who is in the process of self-destruction"

He may have repeated it, he sure did not invent that saying. Napoleon Bonaparte probably came up with it.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

He may have repeated it, he sure did not invent that saying. Napoleon Bonaparte probably came up with it.

Are we to assume you do not favor strong leaders from outside the USA? I prefer a leader (tempered by a horde[congress] ) to speak and have learned from past leaders.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Napoleon 2020...make America chique again...lol

But this is the part I don't get (forgive me if it is ignorant)...repulican talking about democrate and vice versa as the enemy....you are still one people right?

Peace
edit on 28-8-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 01:45 AM
link   

And.....
Did anyone say that Trump came up with that ?
I quote historical figures all the time.
Especially Sun Tzu
And , by your use of the term "probably" , I would say you don't know who came up with the saying either.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

But this is the part I don't get (forgive me if it is ignorant)...repulican talking about democrate and vice versa as the enemy....you are still one people right?

Peace

Not any more.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Which democrats will join him?

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Peace

Not any more.

I remember a time when it was considered bad manners to discuss politics and or religion in the neighborhood so to say.
Today is another story. We have been balkanized as a nation rather than the great melting pot of bygone days.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Headline gives the answer

Democrats disavow Obama's creation of rival political group
The 2020 field pledges not to form a separate political arm from the DNC

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Serious question, and I really do not know the answer:

Is the allowed two time mandate for presidency tied to the membership in a specific party? Or to the specific person?

Could Obama be president *again* while being the winning leader of a third party? Under completely hypothetical circumstances?

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

No third terms.

Amendment 22

Section. 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.

It says no person, and not a thing about party affiliation. So you can't hold office as a Democrat and then switch party and hold office again for more terms. You're still the same person which is what the Amendment cares about.

The only way Obama could hold office as president again would be if the COTUS were scrapped or amended to allow for it, and under the current political reality of the country that's not happening.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ah, okay, thanks.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

It's one of the reasons things can be stable. No matter how bad a president may be or how much you might dislike him (or her) you know you only have to stick it out for about 8 years before they are gone. No el presidente for life like they have in far too many countries.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: contextual

originally posted by: Trueman

Headline gives the answer

Democrats disavow Obama's creation of rival political group
The 2020 field pledges not to form a separate political arm from the DNC

I don't believe them. Obama offers them salvation.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

All Americans used to love America, we had that in common, now we have a group that hates America that no one else likes.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

Are we to assume you do not favor strong leaders from outside the USA? I prefer a leader (tempered by a horde[congress] ) to speak and have learned from past leaders.

Strong sure! dangerous and unstable..no!

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

And , by your use of the term "probably" , I would say you don't know who came up with the saying either.

Nope, it has been attributed to NB, but not 100% confirmed, I doubt Trump even said it anyway. I'm sure CWM though his boy wrote whilst sitting on his gold throne

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

Nope, it has been attributed to NB, but not 100% confirmed, I doubt Trump even said it anyway. I'm sure CWM though his boy wrote whilst sitting on his gold throne

And , possibly Woodrow Wilson..and others
You would have been better off leaving it at "probably"

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Peace

Lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join