It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trump Administration Asked The Supreme Court To Legalize Firing Workers Simply For Being Gay

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

The Trump administration took its hardest line yet to legalize anti-gay discrimination on Friday when it asked the Supreme Court to declare that federal law allows private companies to fire workers based only on their sexual orientation.

An amicus brief filed by the Justice Department weighed in on two cases involving gay workers and what is meant by Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which bans discrimination "because of sex.” The administration argued courts nationwide should stop reading the civil rights law to protect gay, lesbian, and bisexual workers from bias because it was not originally intended to do so.

The Trump Administration Asked The Supreme Court To Legalize Firing Workers Simply For Being Gay

For the life of me, in this day of age, i fail to comprehend why someones sexual preference should have anything to do with there position of employment???

One has to wonder as to the true reasoning behind such heinous discrimination.

It's so simple and incredibly easy to leave people alone, why Trump and his administration fair to recognize that fact is quite frankly beyond me.

+41 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Can you add a legitimate source to your OP?

Thanks.

+42 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Buzzfeed

NEXT!!!!!!!

Just having buzzfeed as a source is enough to get this thread thrown in the LOL or Hoax bin

Literally nothing in that article was factual
edit on 25-8-2019 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
Buzzfeed

NEXT!!!!!!!

Just having buzzfeed as a source is enough to get this thread thrown in the LOL or Hoax bin

Literally nothing in that article was factual

I'm sure there's some meat here, but I agree most won't want to sift through such a hard leaning agenda that buzzfeed is usually pushing.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

www.nbcnews.com...

www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com...

www.newsweek.com...

Here a few other links pertaining to the subject in question.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Of course they did.

When will people wake up to the fact that this administration is hustling you on everything? It isn't even a clever type of hustling, it's just calling something the complete opposite of what it really is.

Some of y'all have never bought anything illegal and it's showing.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

If you don't like buzzfeed i have posted some other links, but it appears to be legit, as unfortunate as the case may be.
edit on 25-8-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

+44 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Sorry buddy, but you asked for it - gays are going over the line, this is pushback.

In Canada, gay groups had Justin Turd-eau pass this ridiculous law that the use of a wrong PRONOUN with a tranny can result in JAIL TIME.

There were already existing civil laws that apply to everyone regarding slander or libel. Trannys could have used those.
The REAL issue is that LGBT do not want EQUALITY, they want superiority and special treatment.
Whereas insulting a normal heterosexual might result in damages and a fine, trannys want special treatment where their offenders go to JAIL.

ENOUGH
ENOUGH
ENOUGH !!!!

This less than 5% of the population wants CONTROL of the MAJORITY.
NO. Enough !

Majority Rule. NOW !
If majority rule is good for South Africa it is also good for everywhere in the West.

edit on 25-8-2019 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
link   

This is at the end of the document

Congress has amended other statutes expressly to cover sexual-orientation discrimination, and it remains free to do the same with Title VII. But until it does, this Court should enforce the statute as it is written.

Don't blame the President for something Congress needs to address. If all the one campaigning and others out trying to get free air time would go do their jobs this would be settled quickly.

+14 more 
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

If you click on Amicus Brief... never mind.

www.supremecourt.gov...

Still has nothing to do with Trump.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: msfitte

This is at the end of the document

Congress has amended other statutes expressly to cover sexual-orientation discrimination, and it remains free to do the same with Title VII. But until it does, this Court should enforce the statute as it is written.

Don't blame the President for something Congress needs to address. If all the one campaigning and others out trying to get free air time would go do their jobs this would be settled quickly.

I read a few of the sources and after sifting through a lot of BS it seems that what you said is indeed the case.

It's less about "trump declaring" and more about following the laws as they are written and pointing out the fact of what is omitted unfortunately does exclude orientation from the current state.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

I'm not gay myself, but if i was, my career should not be jeopardized by my sexual preference.

What happened to the unalienable rights for every American where "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" is concerned or is that only for straight people?

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Trump is only pointing out the the clause in the equal employment is for sex of male or female. It is not projected into the future as any thing you want to call yourself other than biological appointed sex.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This is a problem that Congress needs to solve.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I'm not gay myself, but if i was, my career should not be jeopardized by my sexual preference.

What happened to the unalienable rights for every American where "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" is concerned or is that only for straight people?

Similarly, in Canada, if I were to get a CRIMINAL CONVICTION for using a wrong pronoun, it would TODAY destroy my career for being a normal heterosexual.

What happened to the unalienable rights for EVERYONE "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" is concerned or is that only for LGBT people?

LGBTs, STOP, JUST STOP your asking for special treatment and DOMINANCE over heterosexuals. You WILL get pushback and won't like the outcome.

EQUALITY for everyone means exactly that, equality.
edit on 25-8-2019 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

allows private companies to fire workers based only on their sexual orientation.

If this was true doesn't this also mean you can be fired for being straight? Why is it a gay thing only lol...

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

You would never have to even worry though, if you didn't brag or announce your "status" to everyone, or anyone at work, period.
I don't need to announce that I'm straight to anyone, not ever, so why does another group have to tell how they roll? Attention seekers.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Gay as in homosexuality or lesbianism?
... Or gay as in happy?
Or both? (because you can't be happy anyfreckingway)

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

Similarly, in Canada, if I were to get a CRIMINAL CONVICTION for using a wrong pronoun, it would TODAY destroy my career for being a normal heterosexual.

What happened to the unalienable rights for EVERYONE "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" is concerned or is that only for LGBT people?

LGBTs, STOP, JUST STOP your asking for special treatment and DOMINANCE over heterosexuals. You WILL get pushback and won't like the outcome.

EQUALITY for everyone means exactly that, equality.

Momentum and ever increasing thoughts of "more" usually lead a worthwhile cause to often overextend itself and result in backlash.

We have 2 pretty big ones happening in the states right now. LGBTQ stuff is being pushed beyond the point of equality into preference as is illegal immigration.

The obvious results in the future is resistance and pushback(pendulum swing). People will become majorly negative on both in an attempt to equalize the push for unequality.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

You would never have to even worry though, if you didn't brag or announce your "status" to everyone, or anyone at work, period.

So, hide? Na...I don't think so.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join