It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eppstein Under Water Safe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Seems like the FBI divers were searching for something in the water on the island. I did a search for underwater safes but didn't find anything. It would be a smart move on Eppstein to securely sink any evidence he had and probably the only place it would be damn near impossible to find without knowing where to look. Sounds crazy but why not. It's also shady the FBI is not saying why they needed divers.

I can't think of any other reason why they would need divers unless they thought the place had armed guards and wanted to recon it but who is going to defend the place against the FBI for a dead man. Not believable, even if he was still alive. It's a death sentence.

I heard something about a submarine base. Sounds like some James Bond stuff. I guess it's possible but I'm leaning towards he had something hidden in the water, or, an underwater entry to a above sea level area where something is hidden.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Seems like the FBI divers were searching for something in the water on the island. I did a search for underwater safes but didn't find anything. It would be a smart move on Eppstein to securely sink any evidence he had and probably the only place it would be damn near impossible to find without knowing where to look. Sounds crazy but why not. It's also shady the FBI is not saying why they needed divers.

I can't think of any other reason why they would need divers unless they thought the place had armed guards and wanted to recon it but who is going to defend the place against the FBI for a dead man. Not believable, even if he was still alive. It's a death sentence.

I heard something about a submarine base. Sounds like some James Bond stuff. I guess it's possible but I'm leaning towards he had something hidden in the water, or, an underwater entry to a above sea level area where something is hidden.

Could just be looking for evidence that might have been dumped in the water? Anything is possible when your filthy rich though. An underwater base is a cooler explanation.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

well they usually use divers to find bodies so wouldn't that at the least be any other reason. Just saying.

Your idea seems plausible just not what comes to mind first when you put divers and FBI together.

edit on 18-8-2019 by randomthoughts12 because: Incomplete

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: randomthoughts12

Looks like a nice place to dive if you ask me. Why would
they pass it up be'n on the clock and all.
Can't be good for firearms tho.
edit on 18-8-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
They were tourists snorkeling.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This video explains their dive operations. Seems like a waste of time unless they know something is there. It's a small island but that's a massive grid to cover. Even with the right tech and enough divers seems like it would take weeks if not months.

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Where is the source that the FBI was searching underwater?
Not doubting you...just interested in checking it out.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrNeo
They were tourists snorkeling.

That would make sense. I see no value in having FBI divers unless they know something. Waste of time and resources. I have also not seen any pics of these divers when they did have footage of the agents inside his complex from a drone.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Zero evidence other than some articles stated divers. Looks like it was just civilians snorkeling. Eppstein though would be a fool if he did not keep evidence. They say he was a person if he wanted something he wanted it immediately. Blackmailing people is an easy way to achieve that goal. With his first trial, it does appear he got off extremely light. That doesn't happen unless people can be persuaded to tread lightly for some reason.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I saw video of it. I can’t find it now though. I doubt the FBI would allow snorkelers at the island while performing a raid.

Here is a video that claims the divers found children’s bones. Supposedly sourced from the Kremlin.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Read about this a few days ago but cannot find the source. Apparently, it is believed they have found tunnels going throughout the island based on openings discovered at the water/coast line and a large grate on the grounds. Interesting. No other info was shared.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

He was hiding money in offshore accounts. I could totally see him having an elaborate vault/safe house for blackmail material. He doesn't seem like the kind of person that, if he had incriminating evidence, would not use it to bend someone at some point down the road if needed. He was a selfish, self centered person. One report said he bought a failing barge company after the hurricane to repair his stuff. Some of the locals were pissed because he didn't lift a finger to help anyone else.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

There was a photo showing two divers in the water next to the boat dock where FBI agents were talking. It was taken by a tourist with a telephoto lens. Not the drone.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Secretrooster
An underwater base is a cooler explanation.

I heard he had sharks with fricken lazer beans on them. "please use air quotes when saying "lazer beams". It's important."

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids
Absolutely it's not that I blame them or anything.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Why would they dump the bodies so close to the island.. I believe they would sail out on open water and do it

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I don't have the link, but there was a cement truck found on the island also.

join