It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bruce Lee’s Daughter Tells Quentin Tarantino to ‘Shut Up’ After Latest Comments

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It looks like Quentin Tarantino has made a new enemy, Bruce Lee's daughter. I can understand from her point of view as it's her dad and this is akin to spitting on his grave, but every coin has two sides so I can also see how it's a comedy driven movie at the same time.

Tarantino seemed to say that he saw Bruce acting puffed up irl and stuck with that story. So either way. Different people, different memories makes no difference because Bruce Lee was the Boss regardless of what people said against him.

Bruce Lee’s daughter, Shannon Lee, is responding to director Quentin Tarantino’s latest comments regarding her father’s portrayal in the film “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.” “He could shut up about it,” she told Variety. “That would be really nice. Or he could apologize or he could say, ‘I don’t really know what Bruce Lee was like. I just wrote it for my movie. But that shouldn’t be taken as how he really was.'” Tarantino recently defended his depiction of the Asian American martial arts legend (portrayed by Mike Moh) as an arrogant blowhard. “Bruce Lee was kind of an arrogant guy,” Tarantino said at a recent press junket in Moscow. “The way he was talking, I didn’t just make a lot of that up.

variety.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TGunner

Considering the time period and who Bruce was and is and his cultural up bringing, I'd say he had every right to come off as top dog because he was the top dog of that time period.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
At least he didn’t call him...

Fredo

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Tarantino is a prima donna wanting to hog the limelight, his star has faded since and his style of movie is no longer in vogue so he is now courting controversy and if that mean's insulting a once brilliant martial artist - and reasonably good actor then that is what Tarantino will do, if Lee was here however and alive despite the age he would probably be now I suspect Tarantino would turn down any offer to prove his point in the ring.

Lee had something else which Tarantino lack's - though he does have a small helping, Lee had a great deal of on screen presence and charisma.

It's easy to square up to a dead man but like I say Tarantino nasty and conceited individual that he is (sorry he has a natural sneer that makes him easy to dislike) would have neither the gut's nor the inclination to do so if Lee had not be murdered despite Lee probably being only about half his size (I believe Lee was murdered by the Triad's for revealing too many of there secrets and also upset other martial art's masters for displaying techniques they had kept hidden as part of there traditions so it could have been one of them as well and he was too young in there sight to be regarded as a true master as well as brilliant as he most certainly was, my favorite lee movie was the original uncensored fist of fury and there were rumors that he had accidentally injured a few of his fellow actors when those fight scenes got a bit heated but as to how true they were?).

In a similar vein remember it was a mixed form of martial art that Bruce Lee practiced, he was brilliant at it and created his own style but probably he was not actually as good as a genuine martial artist monk but with him being long gone I suspect on that point we shall never know.
Still here is a youtube video of a guy claimed to be a martial art's monk fighting two MMA fighters and beating them both, remembering of course that they are amateurs compared to a monk that train's his body and mind every day of his life and meditates when he is not doing that.

And a very good count down on ten fine point's about the master martial artist and actor we all admire - far more than that insulting B grade director and actor Tarantino.

One thing is certain he was a martial art's prodigy, perhaps as good as any monk but given that he is not with us that will have to remain up for debate, one other thing he was definitely no coward like Tarantino picking a fight with a dead man is because he faced up to the Triads and with many so called masters for sharing his knowledge with other's and he knew it, this may be one reason why his son also died in suspicious circumstances since they tend to hold generational grudges.

edit on 14-8-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Bruce Lee was the kind of guy that loved a fight. Some people consider being true to your nature, puffed up. Bruce Lee could prove what he said.

Do you know why Chuck Norris exists?
Because Bruce Lee said he could.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24559357]highvein[/post

Same could be said for VanDam, and dumb ass Segaul? Mr. Lee was the real deal, and unfortunately opened the way for the wanabees.

I loved most of Tarantinos movies.
But you do not disrespect Mr. Lee.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Bruce Lee's legacy will far outlast tarantino's.

Maybe that's what's got his panties all bunched up.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I'm going to put this one in the who gives a # file.

Did anyone ask dick Chaney's kids how they felt about his portrayal in the movie vice?

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm a Bruce fan, although I haven't seen enough of him (none actually) in real competition to comment on how good he really was.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Tarantino is one those coked-up nimrods who makes money by getting people angry enough to talk about him.

It's free publicity.

Ignore him, and he'll scream louder with more ridiculousness to keep people talking about him. Nothing new here.

His movies have continuously gotten worse, as people become immune to the violence.

He's like a white Don King.
edit on 14-8-2019 by Notoneofyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Next on ATS, celebrity blowouts and the who's who in celebrity rehab.

This isnt E!, why should we care about this? Screw Hollywood.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Holy moly! Thanks for showing us the clip with the iron fist monk.

#Mind Blown#

Also, most of tarantinos work is all like, yeah blaah does this movie really need to be this long.....

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Oh I think an egotistical @$$ is one in any time period lol..

The truth is that the best warriors in history were mostly really crappy people lol..

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 04:57 AM
link   

There are about 2,000 videos of MMA guys destroying martial artists...

There is a reason that there is no Bruce lee type who is MMA champion..

Because most of traditional martial arts is garbage that does t really work in real situations..

Lee broke ranks on that point and began mixing styes and adding wrestling.. he was a legit fighter, but would almost certainly be smashed by ANY above average pro mma guy..

Kung foo, akido, , karate, exc.. sure they have got technique on a ouch or 2, but overall it is garbage.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Hell there were stunt men far superior to Bruce lee..

Jean lebell for one..

Bruce lee was a real fighter and pretty good, but (relatively ) all of Asian martial arts are nonsense.

Again that is why NO kungfu person has ever done well in the octagon

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Really the reason Lee and Norris existed is because Americans fell for the whole “mysterious Far East” narrative that pretended Asian martial arts were not some foo foo nonsense that barely worked, if it worked at all..

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I am watching the kungfoo monk video now and he is only kick boxing lol..

Plus I GUARANTEE no above average professional MMA fighter would punch him repeatedly and have him shrug for off.

I literally have no seen one Kung foo move yet lol

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

?!?

Where did you see him do any Kung fu??

I only see him kick boxing... and almost certainly against substandard opponents..

Asian martial arts are a joke... the reason none are MMA champ IS NOT because they are too dangerous to let play mma.. lol..

It is because they only work vs another Asian martial artist who is agreeing to play by the same rules..

All board breaking is fake..

All cement block breaking is fake..

Basically all throws are fake ..

Most pressure point type stuff, not fake necessarily, but your not pulling it off unless your opponent lets you..

I

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   

youtu.be...

Here is a video of actual traditional martial artists vs actual mma guys.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: solve

?!?

Where did you see him do any Kung fu??

I only see him kick boxing... and almost certainly against substandard opponents..

Asian martial arts are a joke... the reason none are MMA champ IS NOT because they are too dangerous to let play mma.. lol..

It is because they only work vs another Asian martial artist who is agreeing to play by the same rules..

All board breaking is fake..

All cement block breaking is fake..

Basically all throws are fake ..

Most pressure point type stuff, not fake necessarily, but your not pulling it off unless your opponent lets you..

I

i saw some moves that are kung fu (fighting) also the way he endures those blows to the ead reminded me of those practices, so Cmon man let me be impressed and inspired.

edit on 15-8-2019 by solve because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join