It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney general 'appalled' over Epstein's death, announces investigation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Events are unfolding , evolving the circumstances and arriving at a point where The Clintons Themselves are now in the frame of new Department of Justice / FBI investigations into Epstein's apparent death . Trump levelled his sights upon them yesterday . See below

The story is in this CNN article . edition.cnn.com...

The Justice Department's inspector general is opening an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the death of multimillionaire financier and accused sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein, Attorney General William Barr announced on Saturday.

Barr said he was "appalled" to learn of Epstein's death while in federal custody awaiting trial. Jeffrey Epstein has died by suicide, sources say Jeffrey Epstein has died by suicide, sources say "I was appalled to learn that Jeffrey Epstein was found dead early this morning from an apparent suicide while in federal custody. Mr. Epstein's death raises serious questions that must be answered," Barr said in a statement. "In addition to the FBI's investigation, I have consulted with the Inspector General who is opening an investigation into the circumstances of Mr. Epstein's death."

This is important too :
The Southern District of New York's investigation into Epstein's alleged conduct is ongoing after his death, according to Geoffrey Berman, the US attorney overseeing that office. "Today's events are disturbing, and we are deeply aware of their potential to present yet another hurdle to giving Epstein's many victims their day in Court," Berman said in a statement. "To those brave young women who have already come forward and to the many others who have yet to do so, let me reiterate that we remain committed to standing for you, and our investigation of the conduct charged in the Indictment -- which included a conspiracy count -- remains ongoing," Berman said.

The Southern District of New York's investigation into Epstein's alleged conduct is ongoing after his death, according to Geoffrey Berman, the US attorney overseeing that office.

"Today's events are disturbing, and we are deeply aware of their potential to present yet another hurdle to giving Epstein's many victims their day in Court," Berman said in a statement. "To those brave young women who have already come forward and to the many others who have yet to do so, let me reiterate that we remain committed to standing for you, and our investigation of the conduct charged in the Indictment -- which included a conspiracy count -- remains ongoing," Berman said.

Barr is livid at the events surrounding the apparent suicide of Epstein and is determined to get to the bottom of what happened, according to a source familiar with the situation.

Trump weighs in

President Donald Trump retweeted a conspiracy theory on Saturday evening that contained a video from comedian Terrence K. Williams, who suggests, without evidence, that former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton were involved in Epstein's death.

"For some odd reason, people that have information on the Clintons end up dead," Williams said in the video. "And they usually die from suicide." Bill Clinton's spokesman, Angel Ureña, responded to Trump's amping of the conspiracy theory saying, "Ridiculous, and of course not true — and Donald Trump knows it. Has he triggered the 25th Amendment yet?"

The United States Department of Justice (DOJ), also known as the Justice Department, is a federal executive department of the U.S. government, responsible for the enforcement of the law and administration of justice in the United States,

Sincerely hoping that Barr and Trump and their agents , this time are men who for Lady Justice strive .
edit on 11-8-2019 by FieldMarshalMatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: FieldMarshalMatt

Too bad he didn't specify the questions to be answered.

Instead, leaving it up to the internet to come up with them.

Intentional?

edit on 8/11/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Possibly . This now revolves around Trump's point of view and if his choice of Attorney General means business or not .

On the one hand we're getting 'livid' but on the other 'No foul play is suspected in Epstein's death, a federal official told CNN. Authorities believe Epstein hanged himself, a law enforcement source told CNN.'

So it's still a guessing game

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   
The 25th Amendment : (mentioned in reaction to Trump's retweets by the Clinton news agent )

25th Amendment. The 25th Amendment, proposed by Congress and ratified by the states in the aftermath of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, provides the procedures for replacing the president or vice president in the event of death, removal, resignation, or incapacitation.

Shots fired ! I'd say that what Angela Urena said ( clearly ) included a veiled threat to DJT's life .

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   
How many threads are already running on ATS about the death of Epstein??

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

This thread is about DOJ manouvres post humus

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: FieldMarshalMatt

This thread is about DOJ manouvres post humus

What does 'DOJ' mean?

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   

What does 'DOJ' mean?

Department of Justice.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Department of Justice - DOJ

Attorney General ( in charge of the FBI and other investigative bodies) - AG

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 04:40 AM
link   
"A federal official told CNN" something.

CNN is nothing but an information filter and re-writer.

A federal official unnamed could be anyone, like a CIA agent/Asset who isn't cleared by the current administration to speak to the media, especially the likes of CNN.

The article itself is rife with opinionated words and descriptors to give the impression of forgone conclusions.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: FieldMarshalMatt
I really, really, really hope that the Clintons Themselves are now in the frame of new Department of Justice / FBI investigations into Epstein's apparent death . Trump levelled his sights upon them yesterday . See below

I added the bold bit so your post was true.

Trump levelled his sights on them yesterday, that means nothing. He retweeted something a comedian posted. It was conjecture, not fact. Your political leaning is getting in the way of your search for the truth.

This is above politics and you should be ashamed of trying to make it so...

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Shots fired ! I'd say that what Angela Urena said ( clearly ) included a veiled threat to DJT's life .

"A veiled threat "? I wonder what a direct threat looks like? Oh right Kennedy NM.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

I suppose you could call it overall , a direct threat to his presidency , using an allusion to ridicule .

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Politically you were correct I suppose.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   

In my Humble Opinion many people in this country trust neither the FBI nor The Southern District of New York to investigate ANYTHING impartially.
I guess we will see about the Attorney General's office.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Sure, there has to be an investigation now. Too many people are starting to question the story.

There will be an investigation, some people will get a very harsh talking to, regulations will be added and that's it.

They have to have an "investigation" so they can point to it and say "see it was investigated and nothing happened"

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I wish on everything sacred that I could believe Barr has any integrity, honesty, or honor. I can't.

He can spout and sputter forever and a day. But his reputation precedes him.

I'll believe his motives and deeds are in our best interests when he apologizes for his despicable role in giving the Feds and Lon Horiuchi a free pass for cold blooded murder at Ruby Ridge. I have a long memory and I won't forget.

As for Trump and the Clintons? They're trolling each other and probably enjoying it tremendously.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I wasn't aware that AG Barr was involved in the Ruby Ridge tragedy. I will be looking into that now, thanks. It is concerning if he let the Feds have a pass after Ruby Ridge. It was horrible what happened to that family.

Some inconsistencies already with the early reports (as always). The official statement says 'apparent suicide' but none of the official statements say he hanged himself.

Also, he was found dead in the cell, but taken to hospital for life saving procedures and not to the morgue. So, was he or wasn't he dead in his cell.

A general question...does the color of his skin turn that quickly after one to two hours of being dead. I know people turn purplish/bluish but he looked more grayish and bruised.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

I see what you're saying...

But i try to think of how many people i know or have met in my entire lifetime or even were near me at some point who have either died mysteriously or committed suicide...

Granted i haven't been around as many people as the Clintons but the bodies pile up.

Do we know of anyone else who has people dying around them our conveniently in their favor?

Yes it's a conspiracy. But lots of conspiracies turn out to be true at times
edit on 11-8-2019 by GraffikPleasure because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: Boadicea

I wasn't aware that AG Barr was involved in the Ruby Ridge tragedy. I will be looking into that now, thanks. It is concerning if he let the Feds have a pass after Ruby Ridge. It was horrible what happened to that family.

You're welcome -- and yes, it was horrible and despicable. Here's a couple links to get you started if you're interested. The first one is a report from June 2000:

FBI Agent Can’t Be Charged in Ruby Ridge Case

William Barr’s Connection to Ruby Ridge, Defending FBI Snipers

It won't take much digging to find plenty of other shadiness on Barr's part while acting in an official capacity.

Some inconsistencies already with the early reports (as always). The official statement says 'apparent suicide' but none of the official statements say he hanged himself.

Also, he was found dead in the cell, but taken to hospital for life saving procedures and not to the morgue. So, was he or wasn't he dead in his cell.

Interestingly enough, the first reports I read said that the guards found him "in cardiac arrest," but didn't mention hanging at all. I suppose he could have gone into cardiac arrest because of hanging, but I thought it was strangely worded too.

A general question...does the color of his skin turn that quickly after one to two hours of being dead. I know people turn purplish/bluish but he looked more grayish and bruised.

I really don't know. I would think strangulation followed by cardiac arrest would have a particular effect on the body? But I really don't know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join