It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Legend of Boggy Creek

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This thread is a response to a similar post about a bigfoot type of beast that really existed. It terrorized a family one night in an Arkansas swamp. Has anyone every heard of this? Ive seen the movie and its creepy.

Fouke is a right pleasant place to live....until the sun goes down."

This is a quote from a local Arkansas resident describing the terrors documented in the movie, The Legend of Boggy Creek. This semi-documentary thriller is a true cult classic and a true story! The whole movie is enacted by real witnesses who saw Bigfoot, and the film (except in one case) is shot on the real locations!

The movie opens with an eerie shot of the sulfur river bottoms of Boggy Creek. Bigfoot sightings in Fouke, AR (a very small town between Texarkana and Shrevport) proliferate. The realism and scripting of the movie make it a terrifying experience. Everything from animal killings to human experience is covered, beginning with the sightings in the sixties and continuing with the sightings from the seventies, the climax being the famous Ford encounter. The film crew even caught one of the monster's screams on tape, and it is played several times during the film.

Here, the sulfur river flows,
rising when the storm cloud blows,
this is where the creature goes,
lurking in the land he knows.
Perhaps, he dimly wonders why,
is there no other such as I? To love, to touch before I die,
To listen to my lonely cry.

Such lyrics may sound very corny when read, but this exciting music goes very well with shots of the lonely monster wandering the bottoms.
The movie was a smash hit to no surprise. It spawned two sequels, Return to Boggy Creek and Boggy Creek 2: The Legend Continues(the latter is actually the third movie). Bigfoot was, and still is, a celebrity because of this movie!
Of course, now Fouke is home to such stores as the Monster Mart, where you can still get a monster T-shirt to this day. The Fouke monster still runs around scaring people too. This movie is definitely worth watching, and maybe, just maybe if you go down to Fouke late at night, you might just hear the Boggy Creek creature's lonely, piercing cry.

www.multcolib.org...

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I saw this movie/documentary in the theater when it came out in the 70's and I have to say it scared the hell out of me on the same scale as Jaws did.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Kind of sounds like a commercial

P.S. nice avatar

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I live in Arkansas.....I've seen a Bigfoot with my own eyes.

I think Brad Pitt should play me in the movie

Wupy

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I saw that movie when I was a kid. Scared the hell out of me at the time.

They also made a third movie, which I watched on Mystery Science Theater 3000. It was hysterical.

I cant say for sure there was ever a Legend of Boggy Creek Part 2.

What I remember most about the original movie is the part when the guy is using the toilet and the monster attacks through the window, and the guy goes running out of the bathroom with his pants down. What can I say, I was about 6 and bathroom humor was the height of hilarity at the time.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
LOL, me too. That part is stuck in mind too. No wiping or anything he flew out of there. I would to Im sure if that dang thing was outside.

[edit on 5-3-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Is that picture on the book in that link you posted a real picture?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I'm not sure if its a real picture or not. Im guessing its not but if you havent seen the movie I would recomment it. Its an old movie but still pretty creepy.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Was it just a film or was it a film based on a legend>? Like that heap of a film loch ness?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Event Horizon

This is a quote from a local Arkansas resident describing the terrors documented in the movie, The Legend of Boggy Creek. This semi-documentary thriller is a true cult classic and a true story! The whole movie is enacted by real witnesses who saw Bigfoot, and the film (except in one case) is shot on the real locations!

The movie opens with an eerie shot of the sulfur river bottoms of Boggy Creek. Bigfoot sightings in Fouke, AR (a very small town between Texarkana and Shrevport) proliferate. The realism and scripting of the movie make it a terrifying experience. Everything from animal killings to human experience is covered, beginning with the sightings in the sixties and continuing with the sightings from the seventies, the climax being the famous Ford encounter. The film crew even caught one of the monster's screams on tape, and it is played several times during the film.

Yes, it was based on actual events. Its a true story documentry/thriller movie. A family really was terrorized one night down in the swamplands.

[edit on 6-3-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   
The legend of Boggy creek, yes yes. Two sexy dimwits, a teacher with shorts 5 sizes to small and a puny man/boy lost in the woods pursuing a stinky creature. And finally meeting it at a fat rednecks shotgun shack.

Definitely one of the best MST's ever. There was no end to the material. I mean the hotpants on the teacher,the skinny kid, the sexual innuendo, gold.

But the movie sucked, if it werent for making people laugh their arse off on MST (the episode is now on dvd btw) nobody except locals would know. If there is indeed soemthing out there, which there might, bozo's making crap movies only fit for MST aren't helping to raise the believability rating.

And it doesn't come close to knocking down "Girl in Gold Boots" as my single most favorite MST movie. Maybe if we would have seen those two girls finally mud wrestle though.

[edit on 7-3-2005 by Veltro]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Yes, it was based on actual events. Its a true story documentry/thriller movie. A family really was terrorized one night down in the swamplands.

[edit on 6-3-2005 by Event Horizon]

Have you got any links to sightings, account, etc? Its sounds pretty interesting.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veltro
The legend of Boggy creek, yes yes. Two sexy dimwits, a teacher with shorts 5 sizes to small and a puny man/boy lost in the woods pursuing a stinky creature. And finally meeting it at a fat rednecks shotgun shack.

Definitely one of the best MST's ever. There was no end to the material. I mean the hotpants on the teacher,the skinny kid, the sexual innuendo, gold.

But the movie sucked, if it werent for making people laugh their arse off on MST (the episode is now on dvd btw) nobody except locals would know. If there is indeed soemthing out there, which there might, bozo's making crap movies only fit for MST aren't helping to raise the believability rating.

And it doesn't come close to knocking down "Girl in Gold Boots" as my single most favorite MST movie. Maybe if we would have seen those two girls finally mud wrestle though.

[edit on 7-3-2005 by Veltro]

That was Legend of Boggy Creek 2, not the one that this thread is talking about. The first one was supposed to be serious.

[edit on 16-3-2005 by jeffthefish]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
I saw that movie when I was a kid. Scared the hell out of me at the time.

They also made a third movie, which I watched on Mystery Science Theater 3000. It was hysterical.

I cant say for sure there was ever a Legend of Boggy Creek Part 2.

What I remember most about the original movie is the part when the guy is using the toilet and the monster attacks through the window, and the guy goes running out of the bathroom with his pants down. What can I say, I was about 6 and bathroom humor was the height of hilarity at the time.

The one you're talking about is part two, not part three. Legend of Boggy Creek 2: The Legend Continues...to be not heard of by anybody.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
MonsterQuest is doing a show on this creature that will air Wednesday night.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I have the Legend of Boggy Creek on DVD. Although not one of the better Bigfoot movies around, it did have some good redeeming features in it, the women mentioned in other posts to this thread. It nontheless deserves a place as a subject to be discussed here at ATS.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Nice read.

Hadn't heard of this particular event before.

I'll have to get hold of the movie, regardless of how dated it is and check it out

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to seeing the MonsterQuest episode on this creature.

It should be interesting.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I enjoyed last nights episode. I remember seeing the Movie about Boggy Creek when I was a kid and it scared the hell out of me! I still have Return To Boggy Creek on VHS which I discovered for sale in a little used video store in the middle of nowhere lol!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I remember seeing this when it came out. Back in the 70's this was a very scary movie.

Here is a very cool condensed mini-movie version (11 minutes) of The Legend of Boggy Creek.

www.youtube.com...

The hunting scene brought back good memories. My dad raised Bluetick and Black & Tan hounds when I was growing up. He was the treasuer for the Oklahoma State Coonhunters Association for many years, no kidding.

<<   2 >>

join