It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Richat Structure Explored in New Documentary

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
That’s right, the Richat Structure / Eye of the Sahara has been explored and filmed. A team of amateur journalists from Canada, went to the Richat Strcture (RS), earlier this year. They documented their journey in full. When I say in full, I mean, the documentary is almost 3 hours long.

What to expect in the video:

1. First 2 hours of the video is their journey getting to Mauritania. Apparently, This was no easy task.

2. Background history of ancient flood tales that span the globe.

3. Background history of our understanding of Atlantis via Plato and Herotidos.

4. Time by the team spent in all three rings including the center of the eye.

My Summary: I’m not going to lie, this video is pretty anticlimactic. 2+ hours of watching these guys try to get to their destination. Then, when finally there, ‘Not much to see here’ I believe would be the phrase I’m looking for. Nonetheless, I think many of us really wanted boots on the ground there — and we got it.

If you were one of the naysayers in discrediting this place as Atlantis — I believe you were correct. I personally find it very improbable after watching this documentary, and so do the film makers.

So without further ado, here is the Richat Structure, up close.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
We need proper archaeological digs and a much more comprehensive survey of the area though.

I'll watch the video because I find this very interesting but I do thank you for warning me that it's anticlimactic (as I would expect it to be).

From what I understand is that there isn't really anything at all to see throughout this region. That doesn't mean that we won't find anything underneath the surface though! That's why we need to dig in locations all over it, just to check and make sure.

The possibility of this being related to Atlantis is tantalizing, I can't help but admit that!

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Thanks for the reply. Fortunately, these guys did take ground penetrating radar. UNFORTUNATELY, they were not allowed to use it. Local officials would not permit the use of GPR. This is one of the main reasons I found it anticlimactic.

Another reason being, that none of the rings seemed to have enough elevation from the supposed water ways. Making it very difficult to have any type of structures built there (if inundated with water in the past).

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Plato writes that th place became sea of mud, and unnavigable. In this sense, Richat structure might hide historic relics deeper in the ground, if at all, that is.

So, much more than just boots are needed to get to the bottom of the cataclysmic events which took place 12,000 B.C.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
That’s right, the Richat Structure / Eye of the Sahara has been explored and filmed. A team of amateur journalists from Canada, went to the Richat Strcture (RS), earlier this year. They documented their journey in full. When I say in full, I mean, the documentary is almost 3 hours long.

What to expect in the video:

1. First 2 hours of the video is their journey getting to Mauritania. Apparently, This was no easy task.

2. Background history of ancient flood tales that span the globe.

3. Background history of our understanding of Atlantis via Plato and Herotidos.

4. Time by the team spent in all three rings including the center of the eye.

My Summary: I’m not going to lie, this video is pretty anticlimactic. 2+ hours of watching these guys try to get to their destination. Then, when finally there, ‘Not much to see here’ I believe would be the phrase I’m looking for. Nonetheless, I think many of us really wanted boots on the ground there — and we got it.

If you were one of the naysayers in discrediting this place as Atlantis — I believe you were correct. I personally find it very improbable after watching this documentary, and so do the film makers.

So without further ado, here is the Richat Structure, up close.

Those pesky Canadians … always finding discreet ways to politely disturb the poop.....

edit on 2-8-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Thanks for the reply. Fortunately, these guys did take ground penetrating radar. UNFORTUNATELY, they were not allowed to use it. Local officials would not permit the use of GPR. This is one of the main reasons I found it anticlimactic.

Another reason being, that none of the rings seemed to have enough elevation from the supposed water ways. Making it very difficult to have any type of structures built there (if inundated with water in the past).
Yes, the government is protecting a great deal of the area. To get into the Richat you must drive in between two very large areas that are fenced off. Within those areas are a great deal of "evidence" to support the theory. They are not the only areas. I suspect these areas are "Wash off" areas where the floodwaters collected the remains. There is sufficient evidence that great amounts of water was involved, so much so that great amounts of the original top soil was washed away, removing parts of the original Island.

Within those wash areas are giant building blocks that are surrounded by fence to protect, and keep people from seeing them. There is even a small village within the fenced off area.

I personally have absolutly no doubt, this is the real deal! The evidence is overwhelming..

The greatest problem is the nature of the destruction. The evidence for that is in plain sight, if you can see it.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

I would love to see pics of those blocks. Where did you hear about this?

It doesn’t appear these guys went to the area you speak of. No fencing in the footage I saw.

They did visit an area that appeared to have a lot of salt in the ground.
edit on 2-8-2019 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

a reply to: All Seeing Eye

I would love to see pics of those blocks. Where did you hear about this?

It doesn’t appear these guys went to the area you speak of. No fencing in the footage I saw.

They did visit an area that appeared to have a lot of salt in the ground.
Their major problem was google earth, its not very clear. Use Satellite Pro. The only problem with Sat Pro is that it does not give Coordinates grrrr. You have to use google for that...

I posted a thread about my findings at www.abovetopsecret.com...

It documents not only the building blocks, but roads and structures in the area. Satellite pro images included. If they had only took the list of places with them, their report would have been unquestionable. If you look close within and around the eye there are blue or white smaller tents in the area. I suspect these are covering discovered artifacts which would support the theory. But in as far as I know, the "Findings" are not being made public.

I didn't realize what I was looking at originally, in consideration to the stones. It wasn't until I noticed so many had little fences going around them that I started noticing the shapes. Most are rectangular with a few that are square, and some appear to have inscriptions or markings. Further north there is another area strewn with the same large blocks that are fenced off. These "Stones" are at least the size of large pickup trucks, some, larger.

All in all, without counting I would say around 100 in total. But because of the type of destruction that occurred many more were pulverized.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Where did you hear about this?
I didn't hear about it from anyone, personal discovery.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I'm not sure I get what they would be hoping to find. What the Richat Structure is, is well known. Before I watch it, are they just playing off the myth of it being something other than the geologic feature it's know to be, a heavily eroded dome?

Near as I can tell people just ignore that it's been studied and mapped and instead embrace the odd made up theories about it being something else. "Atlantis in the Desert" being in the title would make me think it's not worth the bother.

I know they have found interesting artifacts in the area, but that does not change the facts about what it actually is. An igneous intrusion caused the uplift, so there really is no mystery as to what it is.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Very disappointing.. Poor preparation, no paperwork in order, no GPS spots, no GPR, no metal detector, a guide that just zooms by everything instead of getting a car themselves.. 15 min of "exploration" and 2 and half hour of hype... they should had stayed there for a couple of week.. set up camp... so much to do.

they expect to see stuff on the ground after a flood and sandstorms and 10.000 years.. And then they dare to declare something based on that.. Only that youtube money counts I guess..
edit on 2-8-2019 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

What? Sounds really suspicious to me... lol

Considering that there isn't any visible evidence of a civilization being there, we'd have to presume that if there were at one time, whatever cataclysmic event erased them was so epic that it could have eroded the rings significantly too. Which is possible though I admit it must have been a truly unbelievable cataclysm to have caused virtually all surface evidence to have disappeared and brought these rings down so much.

Hmmmm. We definitely need to see what's under the surface to put this mystery to rest.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Very disappointing.. Poor preparation, no paperwork in order, no GPS spots, no GPR, no metal detector, a guide that just zooms by everything instead of getting a car themselves.. 15 min of "exploration" and 2 and half hour of hype... they should had stayed there for a couple of week.. set up camp... so much to do.

they expect to see stuff on the ground after a flood and sandstorms and 10.000 years.. And then they dare to declare something based on that.. Only that youtube money counts I guess..
The kids were young, But you have to give them credit, they made it there...….

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

Plato writes that th place became sea of mud, and unnavigable. In this sense, Richat structure might hide historic relics deeper in the ground, if at all, that is.

So, much more than just boots are needed to get to the bottom of the cataclysmic events which took place 12,000 B.C.

Wouldn't it have been more like 10,500 bc?

I don't recall what the guesstimated dates were exactly and I'm sorry if that sounds a bit nit-picky.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye

Cute little roadtrip yes.. I am sure they had fun.
But I really wanted this to be a documentary about exploring the area.. not just a brotrip looking at homemade toilets and getting molested by bugs.
edit on 2-8-2019 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Considering that there isn't any visible evidence of a civilization being there, we'd have to presume that if there were at one time, whatever cataclysmic event erased them was so epic that it could have eroded the rings significantly too. Which is possible though I admit it must have been a truly unbelievable cataclysm to have caused virtually all surface evidence to have disappeared and brought these rings down so much.

Hmmmm. We definitely need to see what's under the surface to put this mystery to rest.

But, there is evidence a civilization was there.. Its just you "can't see the forrest for the tree's". Ground level, you will see nothing but stones, crushed, pulverised stones. The debrie fields are one of the keys to understanding the size of the event, and the amount of water involved. Look at the errosion patterns in the middle, it tells you the direction the water came from. Look at the scouring areas where the bedrock was worn away to leave clean bedrock devoid of patina. The "Event" washed virtually everything that was there down stream in the flood. 20 ton stones washed MILES. This event was, forgive me, directed, as other areas around the Richat are undisturbed by this event. It was localised, and controlled. Im sorry but it must be said.

The "cataclysim" did occure, and it was massive. Again, the evidence for it is there.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

Ok check these two pieces of info out:

Another theory–that Atlantis was actually a much more temperate version of what is now Antarctica–is based on the work of Charles Hapgood, whose 1958 book “Earth’s Shifting Crust” featured a foreword by Albert Einstein. According to Hapgood, around 12,000 years ago the Earth’s crust shifted, displacing the continent that became Antarctica from a location much further north than it is today.

Ok but instead of Antarctica (or maybe including it as well) let's consider the Richat structure as the source of the Atlantis tale (because of the shape/rings etc).

Now check this out:

12,800 years ago Earth was struck by a Comet

According to new research, this trend experienced a bit of a hiccup during the late Paleolithic era. It was at this time – roughly 12,800 years ago, according to a new study from the University of Kansas – that a comet struck our planet and triggered massive wildfires. This impact also triggered a short glacial period that temporarily reversed the previous period of warming, which had a drastic affect on wildlife and human development.

The study in question, “Extraordinary Biomass-Burning Episode and Impact Winter Triggered by the Younger Dryas Cosmic Impact ~12,800 Years Ago”, was so large that it was divided into two parts. Part I. Ice Cores and Glaciers; and Part II. Lake, Marine, and Terrestrial Sediments, were both recently published by The Journal of Geography, part of the the University of Chicago Press’ series of scientific publications.

This matches up with our timeline. That study is barely over a year old.
The people behind it have some credentials too-

Led by Wendy S. Wolbach, a Professor of inorganic chemistry, geochemistry and analytical chemistry at Chicago’s De Paul University, the study was conducted by a team of 24 scientists and included members from the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA), the Climate Change Institute, the Instituto de Investigaciones en Ciencias de la Tierra (INICIT), the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, and multiple universities.

For the sake of their study, the team combined data from ice core, forest, pollen and other geochemical and isotopic markers obtained from more than 170 different sites across the world. Based on this data, the team concluded that roughly 12,800 years ago, a global disaster was triggered when a stream of fragments from a comet measuring about 100 km (62 mi) in diameter exploded in Earth’s atmosphere and rained down on the surface.

An older study linked in the comments section:
Cataclysm 12,800yr ago

New research by UC Santa Barbara geologist James Kennett and an international group of investigators has narrowed the date to a 100-year range, sometime between 12,835 and 12,735 years ago. The team’s findings appear today in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

So 10,800 to 10,700 BC.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Cute little roadtrip yes.. I am sure they had fun.
But I really wanted this to be a documentary about exploring the area.. not just a brotrip looking at homemade toilets and getting molested by bugs.
LOL LOL

Little Buggers LOL

There is enough evidence in, forgive me, in my thread, to warrant a real funded effort. The Mauritanian government must be dealt with before anything of substance can be accomplished. And that is going to take a major gun like a "President" to intervein.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
I'm not sure I get what they would be hoping to find. What the Richat Structure is, is well known. Before I watch it, are they just playing off the myth of it being something other than the geologic feature it's know to be, a heavily eroded dome?

Near as I can tell people just ignore that it's been studied and mapped and instead embrace the odd made up theories about it being something else. "Atlantis in the Desert" being in the title would make me think it's not worth the bother.

I know they have found interesting artifacts in the area, but that does not change the facts about what it actually is. An igneous intrusion caused the uplift, so there really is no mystery as to what it is.

Sure it could be naturally formed, but that doesn't mean mankind couldn't have built a city on it and modified it a little bit.... right??

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

But, there is evidence a civilization was there.. Its just you "can't see the forrest for the tree's". Ground level, you will see nothing but stones, crushed, pulverised stones. The debrie fields are one of the keys to understanding the size of the event, and the amount of water involved. Look at the errosion patterns in the middle, it tells you the direction the water came from. Look at the scouring areas where the bedrock was worn away to leave clean bedrock devoid of patina. The "Event" washed virtually everything that was there down stream in the flood. 20 ton stones washed MILES. This event was, forgive me, directed, as other areas around the Richat are undisturbed by this event. It was localised, and controlled. Im sorry but it must be said.

The "cataclysim" did occure, and it was massive. Again, the evidence for it is there.

You're preaching to the choir AllSeeingEye, I'm as convinced this is the location of Plato's Atlantis as you are, if not more. I'm just leaving room that we could be wrong, albeit it seems somewhat unlikely that we are.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join