It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk's Neuralink, the most important development on Earth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

Also you spelled your name wrong at the bottom, hahaha!

The observant one! That wont happen when they've been 'neuralised'

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Well if you dont know who Benjamin Libet is nor his work, i imagine you also have not read the papers.

"In the seminal study of Libet, Gleason, Wright, and Pearl (1983), healthy human participants had to make introspective judgments about the onset times of their movement decisions while their brain activity was recorded with electroencephalography.

The finding that a brain potential related to action preparation starts several hundred milliseconds before the participants introspectively decide to move has had major impact on discussions about the significance of consciousness and free will (Banks & Pockett, 2007; Haggard, 2008 ).

Yet, even though the results were reproduced and extended by independent groups (Haggard & Eimer, 1999; Trevena & Miller, 2002), as well as with fMRI measurements (Soon, Brass, Heinze, & Haynes, 2008), and with single neuron recordings (Fried, Mukamel, & Kreiman, 2011), their implications remain a matter of debate, in particular because it is unknown how we introspect and whether introspective reports are accurate (Banks & Pockett, 2007; Danquah, Farrell, & O'Boyle, 2008; Klein, 2002)."

You don't have any rights im afraid, nature entertains no such delusions, well only Man.

Good luck with that first rodeo mate.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 31-7-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The big implications come later, as other technologies evolve around this one
Imagine having shared dreams with people? Or a true universal language without speaking?
We could one day even chat with animals, if we can use Neuralink to understand the way they think.
That's the biggest goal really, to analyze the brain's action potential spikes and map that to apply functions to commands that light up that spot. Data collecting, to eventually have an ability to literally decode thought.

edit on 31-7-2019 by MahatmaGanja because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MahatmaGanja

Imagine having shared consciousness or collective intelligence.

Imagine that a group of minds is not only as smart as the loudest person in the room.

The biggest goal, or so it seems to me, will be in understanding one another and ourselves, possibly resolving our place in the universe ta boot.

The possibilities are endless all the same.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I'll pass on mine thanks. a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I know I won't be accepting this Neuralink..

It treads too close to the "Mark of the Beast" territory for me..

I am 100% human and will die that way

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: VoltronForce

Do you have a mobile?

Even then consider the medium in which we are communicating?

Marks all over the shop buddy, all i can say is don't place your faith in fictitious books written by Man.

Consider the fact that all prophecy is self-fulfilling.

This tech can take us places we have yet to fully realize.

Can God claim the same this side of the veil?

Truth is you might be able to ask one, after we build/spawn it that is.
edit on 31-7-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Carrying a phone is not the same as plugging your brain into the Matrix.

It amazes me how people can't see that this is a bad thing..

Put religion aside and it still is a bad idea.. Mind control, knowing your every hope and fear, knowing your dreams, mind reading.. No thanks..

This looks like a tool to enslave in my opinion.. I'd also be suspicious of a kill switch integrated in the neuralink.. One they get everyone plugged in, they can make people drop dead from electrical induced brain aneurisms..

Once again.. No thanks

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The day the Feds make a Neuralink implant mandatory for all new recruits and active duty military personnel coupled with a Neuralink-based, Facebook equivalent gaining traction.... you better get one... total control is here.

And they’ll have records of those who aren’t part of the Neuralink network but don’t have a death cert on file... they’ll watch them like a hawk or just make up a reason to make sure you get one.

Nothing could go wrong with this at all.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Neither was carrying around a calculator in our top pockets.

You're correct it not the same, but it does augment our intelligence and place information at our fingertips.

Placing one in our head is simply the next logical progression of the technologies.

Whether or not it enables or enslaves us is completely up to us.

One could argue that our smartphones already enslave us but the benefits they provide outweigh the adverse effect.

No thanks is completely fine and your own choice, load of people also said the same about smartphones who now carry them around all the time.

They can make people drop dead from brain aneurysms with ELF waves(allegedly), no need for mobiles.

edit on 1-8-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Yeah I'd pass as well.

Software under the control of other people or susceptible to virus or hacking No thanks.

I want to keep some of my human-ness

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I've actually been seriously considering getting rid of my phone for some time now. I will have no part in this. Ive always been a holdout of certain kinds of tech, particularly socially manipulative ones. I have never had a facebook account for instance. Only communicate on anonymous forums. I wish the internet was like it was back in the 90's lol.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: harold223

Mate ATS is a social media of sorts.

Even if you get rid of your phone you would also need to get rid of any and all electronic form of communication.

There is no anonymity, well real anonymity, they already have all the meta-information they require, dropping out of the equation would simply flag you in the same manner as participation if you think about it.

I wish the entire world was back in the 90s but she spins brother and the only way is forward.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

You keep comparing phones to a brain implant...

They are not even close. You just don't seem to understand.

My phone does not enslave me. You are trying to connect two dots that are so far apart..

You are seriously trying to compare a cell phone to a piece of tech that has to be drilled into your skull and implanted in your brain...

Are you serious?

You just don't get it and I suspect on purpose at this point...

The comparisons you are making are not even in the same ballpark...

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

You need to understand that your smartphone augments your abilities 10 fold.

This type of technology would augment them 1000 fold, even more so and possibly exponentially, combined with the singularity that's approaching.

The comparison is self-evident.

It's not me that does not get it but you who seem unwilling to accept the obvious.

If you wish to be really scared you should also know that 95% of the technologies contained within the modern smartphone are the direct result of military targeting and surveillance technologies.

Without one of these mate, you won't even be able to see the ball game, nevermind be let in 50 years down the line.

Fact is we ether role with the technology, stagnate and die, or become Amish.

edit on 1-8-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADAMandEVIL
Also, there is simply no long-term survival for our species unless we can merge with our technology.

Dumbest comment I've ever heard.

This thing is almost identical to an Outer Limits reboot episode in 1997 called Stream of Consciousness...

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Whether or not the phone can provide me a benefit or not is debatable - well i use the phone bit and sometimes the camera but that's it. I also keep it on mute so it doesnt control my behaviour by beeping and ringing to get my attention - i did enable it when i first got it but you just get so much crap sent mainly about the latest trend/buzz topics - switched all that crap off same day. If i want to read propaganda then i will seek it out

So yes current smartphones do seem to already control the behaviours of many but they do so by suggestion not through direct feed to your brain controlling your thoughts /actions with no option for you to consider them.

Is there anything currently i need a smartphone for that i can do no other way?
edit on 2-8-2019 by johnb because: sp

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
"Do I have permission to take over, yes S.T.E.M. you have my permission"

great film on subject of enhanced humans with chip implants

Life imiatates - art - imitates Life

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

In regards to the OP: but, can this technology be subverted for any evil purposes? That's what people should be asking.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MahatmaGanja
We could one day even chat with animals

That'll make Dr. Doolittle irrelevant!

<< 1  2    4 >>

join