It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEATTLE, A new mark, for a new era

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I live inthe Seattle area, and this morning while I was watching the news, they had a report about a new way to pay for things. Apparently a Thriftway store here in the Seatlle area is using fingerprints to pay for items. They have have your fingerprint linked to your credit/debit cards, so all you have to do is put your finger on the scanner and punch in your code. No wallet needed. They say this is a great idea because it virtually eliminates "identity theft". This is really scary, this could be one of the steps toward the mark of the beast... Does anyone else have a store in your area doing the same thing?

[edit on 3-4-2005 by scepticalwatcher]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
If I had to guess what the mark of the beast is, I'd say the best candidate is a wrist watch. Time is measured in multiples of 6 and rules our lives, if we let it.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
If I had to guess what the mark of the beast is, I'd say the best candidate is a wrist watch. Time is measured in multiples of 6 and rules our lives, if we let it.

Nice angle. A refreshing change from the norm of 666 ideas, from what I've seen.

X

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'm honestly a little surprised that thris thread has not recieved much attention. Is the use of fingerprint scanning so common in your neck of the woods?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Myth, that is such an eye opening idea it blew me away when I read it. I had to sit back for about 10 minutes and really contemplate the idea that time is the mark, time is the ultimate control.

It makes so much sense. I always knew time had to do with the whole "Satanic system" but I never realized how simple it really could be.

As for the original topic at hand. The thumb scanning and all this crap, is just a conditioning exercise to make us ready and willing to accept the "verichip" which is starting to show up more and more. Thats my take on it. The thumb scans, all these easy payment options are just conditioning us for what is to come.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by scepticalwatcherThis is really scary,

I find it interesting that so many of the religious are paranoid and motivated so strongly by fear.

this could be one of the steps toward the mark of the beast

How? The mark of the beast is a fingerprint? That doesn't even make sense.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
the push the national id card may coming soon...

The thing about using the finger print system is that it can be recorded in the computer system...

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
My finace works at a resturant that does that to track your food items and liquor. there are also systems for bartenders that only specific prints can access the bottles with the counters on them. Before she types in an order, she places her thumb down, it scans it, and tracks her sales and orders. They have been used in the food industry for a little while, whcich is a good testing ground for things that will be battered to hell, like gas station "FTM's" as we should call them.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Poor, poor, Nygdan, do you really need to post things you dont understand. I am Not driven by fear at all, but for disliking ignorance. If something is even a slight possibility, I will adress it and try and make sense of it. I do not have the luxury to just dismiss things as paranoia, like yourself.
As for the fingerprinting thing, according to the revalation of John, the mark will be on our right hand or our forhead, but Im sure you already knew this. On the machine, you scan your fingerprint, and it so happens to be located on the right side of the machine. Probably because most of us are righthanded, but, still, its there. And if this is a precursor tto the verichip (again, Im sure you now all about this too), then you will know that the hand is the ideal place to store the chip. I am not saying that this is anything, but it does make a few ties.
We are all here to learn, but its hard when so many are so narrow minded.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
so far nothing like that up here...i've heard of the finger print scan for paying...it was generaly talked about to use in grocery stores..

electronic debting of your account for bill paying purposes, checking cards, credit cards, fingerprint scan for payment....all very convenient 'cause you don't have to carry all that dirty cash (who knows where it has been) wouldn't it be easier just to plop your finger on a scaner or have 1 card in order to pay for everything you purchase??

it is all a way to take 'cash' /paper money out of the hands of the people. paper money is a nontracable (or so we hope) way to pay for goods and services. think of those that live on 'tips'...alot of cash exchanges hands and the govt doesn't get its cut of a tax or whatever other fees that they deem neseccary. people can buy 'thing' annonomusly....the govt hates that.... bank accounts can be frozen, tracked, hacked, controlled........and that is the key......control.......just another way to control the population.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Yeah, when I saw the report on the scanning here at thriftway, I was kinda shocked. It does make sense as far as simplicity is concerned, but it feels so sinnister to me. I personally prefer cash, its harder to trace, and I like to know that I have something tangible to barter with if I need to.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
"HOld on while I reboot, your finger says your broke..."

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yeah, no kidding... Apparently you cant be mugged and have your finger cut off either...I guess the machine can tell if its been cut off or not. So damn weird. I think I need to go see this myself...

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwen
the push the national id card may coming soon

and what of it? Instead of a state id system with a national database and federal standards controlling it, it will be a federal system, with a national database and federal standards controlling it.

The thing about using the finger print system is that it can be recorded in the computer system...

Any id system can be and is recorded in a computer system. Are the paranoid religious also fearful of computers now? Are they going to become a new sort of amish/luddite who doesn't use any technology that occured after 1930 or something?

scepticalwatcher
I am Not driven by fear at all

Your reaction to an unfamiliar id type is that its the comming apocalypse. You are motivated by fear.

and it so happens to be located on the right side of the machine.

Gosh, what a coincidence, since there are so few right handed people out there, right?
[quiote] then you will know that the hand is the ideal place to store the chip.
How is that? A device for scanning fingerprints isn't also going to be able to take inputs froma verichip. An entirely new device would have to be made. This can't be a 'prelude' then.

but it does make a few ties.

If one forces the association then yes, I suppose that they are there.

We are all here to learn, but its hard when so many are so narrow minded.

Well then open your mind and do something about it, rather than having the narrow minded concern of what a small passage in a few thousand year old books says. Thats narrow minded and parochial.

but it feels so sinnister to me

If the scans were for the left hand, then I'd agree that its literally 'sinister'.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Albertson's grocery store is doing the finger print thing in my neck of the woods. I was outraged when I first heard about it. I started a thread, too - in the technology forum, but most of the responses were basically, "so what."

I do see this as a very dangerous step toward a cashless society. Unfortunately, many people don't understand the dangers inherit in a cashless society. People are already used to direct deposit, paying bills on line, ATM cards, check cards, telechex, constant data mining through little plastic cards the grocery stores give you to put on your key chain, etc. It's already too late, too many people have already been trained and have accepted the coming financial system.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Only thing scary about this is passing out at a bar and having everyone use your still living thumb to buy all their drinks....

Technology that improves and increases your personal security is a good thing. Same folks screaming back when ATM's and debit cards came out. Probably screamed when checks happened too way back when. I'd say a definite improvement than lugging all your gold bars in a steamer trunk around the world. Plus when traveling it so nice to be able to hit an ATM in any non-backward country and out pops the local currency....

One more thing - just think about the distant future - how are you going to lug money around a solar system..?? Wads of paper in your pockets, coins?? Paradigm shifts are a little spooky but a far cry from some NWO thing. It was probably a mid 20's geek that said "hey boss, what if we wired up them there thumb print thingies to the cash registers - save people lots of time". I actually like getting freebie crap from companies that want me to switch brands or encourage more buying with coupons and sorry to rain on peoples parades but your thumb prints do stick around for a while on cash and checks (unless you practice rubber glove only living and never shed any hair or fibers either)....

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Strange I have'nt heard anything about thsi, and I live in Everett (just out side Seattle).

I see no problem with this, it makes my life easier, though I think they need to be more direct with the verichip, as in making it a standard, unlike alot of people I have no fear of technological change and advancement, and if that means having computer chips put into my body, thats fine with me.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
So a cashless society is no problem, right?
Are you really going to be comfortable with someone else being in control of all your money? I will not be comfortable with letting a single computer link me and every last shred of my financial information to a single string of numbers or a finger print.

You will no longer have to freedom to choose when or how you pay taxes. The payment will just be taken from you.

You are pulled over by the police, they could order you to place your finger on their little scanner, and poof they have all your banking information. Want to try to fight the ticket? It's not likely you'll get it done before the fine is automatically deducted from your account.

Heaven forbid that at some point you actually disagree with our government. With the push of a few buttons you are completely shut down - no income - no way to put gas in the car - no way to put food on the table - no way to pay bills. You're done.

The power outage that happened in New York a year or so ago? At least some of those people could go and buy things, feed their families. Some of them could still get to work and get their paychecks. If it ever happens in a cashless society I shudder to think what would happen.

What about the millions of people who will lose jobs, replaced by biometric scanners? There will be no more ticket takers at movie theatres, theme parks, concerts, etc. Just a turnstile and a finger print scanner. Grocery store clerks are already being replaced, department store clerks and bank tellers will probably be next. The mints will all close. After that entire accounting departments of small and large companies alike will be obsolete along with CPAs and CMAs. Surely they aren't all going to be able to get jobs as finger print scanner manufacturers. I wonder where they'll work.

Of course these things won't happen right away. One step at a time is the way to make sure no one complains too much. In the move to a cashless society, fingerprinting (or other biometrics or verichips) will be an option, later they will become a requirement. In a generation or two a major freedom will be gone, even the illusion of privacy will be stripped away, and someone else will have complete control of our lives.

Seems like a lot to give up just so that we don't have to carry dollar bills anymore.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
edit: inadvertantly double posted

[edit on 3/7/05 by wellwhatnow]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
wellwhatnow

You do realize that TODAY - all banking is a string of numbers and has been since the 60's. Checks are no longer routed to banks for payment - it all the FED ACH system. You don't actually believe that banks actually have "your money" in them along with everyone else's do you??

Now, where does the leap to the FED spooks having anytime access come from?? It is YOUR string of numbers in a private bank and unless you authorize a transaction, they can not touch it (well I suppose a lawsuit could cause otherwise just like it could for years).

If you like to hoard cash, more power to you. You are missing out on the wonders of compound interest and BTW the financial markets and trading firms operate outside banking laws but today provide all the easy access benefits, depending on the firm. If you are still spooked - move your cash offshore - it is your right and perfectly legal (as long as you pay taxes on any earnings)....

Oh - and as societies move to full electronic transactions, you can bet that battery backup systems will proliferate, just as they have in any corporate data center and fuel cells are just around the corner too (actually here today....) I mean hell - you can't pump gas (in any normal fashion) without electricity and couldn't for years....

Yeah - I like technology and electrons, it's where my paycheck comes from...
and there just aren't many spooky Gov items that have ever impacted my daily life - yeah, highway delays for construction, tax rates move around a little but no big impact on me - war, nope (good footage for Discovery channel specials though that I get via satellite) - guess I'm a good sheeple but heck, the coming alien invasion/Titor thing/pole flip (pick your poison here) is more of a worry than any gov spooks - reptilian royals excepted - hee hee....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join