It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puerto Rican Citizens catching up with Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Anyone remember when Trump got blamed for the poor hurricane response in Puerto Rico? He responded by saying it wasn’t his issue but a symptom of the deeply entrenched corruption there.

President Donald Trump directed his outrage at Puerto Rico on Monday night, calling the U.S. territory "a mess" and its politicians "incompetent or corrupt," after Senate Democrats clashed with their Republican counterparts over sending more disaster aid money.

abcnews.go.com...

Well now it seems the citizens there have actually been shown proof of the corruption and are understandably upset and protesting - calling for the ouster of the governor for, can you guess?.....FRAUD:

The alleged fraud involves $15.5 million in federal funding between 2017 and 2019. Thirteen million was spent by the Department of Education during Keleher's time as secretary while $2.5 million was spent by the insurance administration when Ávila was the director.

www.cbsnews.com...

So I’m guessing the media will now revisit their reporting on this and actually give Trump credit for being right? Even some of his staunchest critics have jumped on the bandwagon including Ricky Martin, Lin Manuel-Miranda and Melissa Mark-viverito.

In my best rod serling voice...”imagine, if you will, a world where the media actually told the truth.”

edit on 17-7-2019 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Maluhia

And that will be the last we'll ever hear of it in the MSM.

The doubt was cast, job done.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

this needs to be in the joke forum. Media admitting they suck? Not a chance.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
There was a lot of bad people over there running things. How come it took so long for these people to get caught? They were tossing food away to make it look worse so they could get more free money down there is some cities, torturing the people for publicity is not good. How come these people running things down there do not have to follow the same rules as States have to follow when dealing with federal money?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Because it is a favorite vacation spot for crooked politicians, politicians from many states.
edit on 18-7-2019 by dubiousatworst because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   

The media will never ever report Trump right about anything. They might do a blurb about it, leaving Trump was right out, and hope no one notices. Their damage is done, they will pat their backs and wear their "resist" smiles.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

The media will never ever report Trump right about anything. They might do a blurb about it, leaving Trump was right out, and hope no one notices. Their damage is done, they will pat their backs and wear their "resist" smiles.

What networks that used to report News are still on after all that lost revenue? I don't watch them anymore. I stick to Sports, History, and the Sciences w/SCI FI for my entertainment.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I’ve been browsing through twitter and news stories and not a peep about the fact that Trump called this out months ago and that all along this has been the real problem - not “racism”. Not even from Fox.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

This is a great thread! The progressives in the USA have a lot of "catching up" to do too. Even after Biden screwed them for 50 years, they think he's just what they need for 2021. Too bad...

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dubiousatworst

Because it is a favorite vacation spot for crooked politicians, politicians from many states.

Are you blaming America for the corruption in Puerto Rico? I’d like to know how that works. I think the corruption in Puerto Rico is entirely the fault of Puerto Ricans. Can you name a single Latin American country where corruption is not endemic? I think it’s inherent in Latin American culture. In the Rio Grande Valley in Texas, which is about as Mexican as you can get without being in Mexico, the level of corruption among public officials is possibly unsurpassed in the United States. Valley officials caught red-handed in FBI stings is old news in Texas; no one is surprised when it happens.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace

Are you blaming America for the corruption in Puerto Rico? I’d like to know how that works. I think the corruption in Puerto Rico is entirely the fault of Puerto Ricans. Can you name a single Latin American country where corruption is not endemic? I think it’s inherent in Latin American culture. In the Rio Grande Valley in Texas, which is about as Mexican as you can get without being in Mexico, the level of corruption among public officials is possibly unsurpassed in the United States. Valley officials caught red-handed in FBI stings is old news in Texas; no one is surprised when it happens.

Well it is our country...
Not some separate entity entirely

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat

In fact the referendum held about a year ago now saw them voting at 90% to abandon territory status and become the 51st state. However the legality of that vote is disputed since there were boycotts of the vote by some major parties because...surprise surprise...the fact that the voting ballot called it the "Colony" of Puerto Rico and that was determined to be racist. I have a feeling I know who was the loudest voice in that between the Boomers, Gen Xers, and Millennials. Cough coughstupidmillennialsarefriggininsane cough...

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maluhia
I’ve been browsing through twitter and news stories and not a peep about the fact that Trump called this out months ago and that all along this has been the real problem - not “racism”. Not even from Fox.

The mayor of San Juan stole a large portion of the relief supplies, and only distributed them to her cronies. This is one of the main reasons so little aid reached rural parts of Puerto Rico.

Face it, Trump was & is correct: most of the aid that was sent to PR was stolen by local officials.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'm A Puerto Rican... And I Totally Agree With MAGA.
Theft Is An Issue... Corruption Is An Issue...
AND... I.. Am... An... Issue...

BTW: TMNT Came Out In The 80s. I Was Just A Kid Running Errands For A Couple Bucks. And Even Did A Commercial For A Couple Hundred. I Bought And Paid For My Own TMNT Collection.

MAGA

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maluhia
Anyone remember when Trump got blamed for the poor hurricane response in Puerto Rico? He responded by saying it wasn’t his issue but a symptom of the deeply entrenched corruption there.

President Donald Trump directed his outrage at Puerto Rico on Monday night, calling the U.S. territory "a mess" and its politicians "incompetent or corrupt," after Senate Democrats clashed with their Republican counterparts over sending more disaster aid money.

abcnews.go.com...

Well now it seems the citizens there have actually been shown proof of the corruption and are understandably upset and protesting - calling for the ouster of the governor for, can you guess?.....FRAUD:

The alleged fraud involves $15.5 million in federal funding between 2017 and 2019. Thirteen million was spent by the Department of Education during Keleher's time as secretary while $2.5 million was spent by the insurance administration when Ávila was the director.

www.cbsnews.com...

So I’m guessing the media will now revisit their reporting on this and actually give Trump credit for being right? Even some of his staunchest critics have jumped on the bandwagon including Ricky Martin, Lin Manuel-Miranda and Melissa Mark-viverito.

In my best rod serling voice...”imagine, if you will, a world where the media actually told the truth.”

I'm sure that he still had something to do with the slow response or nonexistent response.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat

Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory and Puerto Ricans are U.S. citizens, but culturally, they’re about as American as Mexico. If Puerto Rico were a state it would rank last in per capita GDP. It has a 12 percent unemployment rate and 45 percent poverty rate. It’s deeply in debt from public bonds (more than $70 billion). The U.S. government “subsidizes” one-fourth of PR’s annual budget. As best I can tell, PR pays about $3 billion per year to the U.S. government in various taxes, SS, etc., while receiving more than $20 billion in benefits like food stamps, social security and Medicaid. I wish we could unilaterally grant PR independence. We’d have to keep paying SS and Medicare benefits to current and many future recipients for quite some time, but we could stop enrolling additional Puerto Ricans in U.S. entitlement programs. It would save us a fortune in the long run.

Wikipedia: According to a study done before 2009 by the University of Puerto Rico, nine of every ten Puerto Ricans residing in Puerto Rico do not speak English at an advanced level. More recently, according to the 2005-2009 Population and Housing Narrative Profile for Puerto Rico , among people at least five years old living in Puerto Rico in 2005-2009, 95 percent spoke a language other than English at home.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Wow another corrupt deepstate branch taken down, I bet they wish they kept their mouths shut now

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: denydenial

It's nice you are sure despite all the evidence to the contrary.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I lived in a US Territory for 7 years. All 7 of them are screwed up and corrupt as hell. I used to call it "Third World part of the USA".

They couldn't survive on their own as independent entities. The Spanish or French empires screwed them up too badly in the past.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

No, Im not blaming America for it. I am blaming rich powerful people for taking advantage of corrupt people in a corrupt place. Puerto Rico is a US territory.

Corruption is one thing, but facilitated corruption makes it grow. When I said initially that politicians from many states go there, I mean MANY states. Just like the US Virgin Islands.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join