It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Female Agenda Strikes Again - BOND 25 To See Black, Female Bond

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Wookiep

They're apparently already saying that about the Terminator movie.

No, I just don't want to see another Terminator movie.

At least it makes sense. They aren't (as far as I know) trying to say that this half robot woman is Arnold's t800 after a sex change.

For Bond, it makes 0 sense. They would have to come out and officially confirm that "Bond" is as much a codename as 007.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

daniel craig is playing bond in the movie his character is retired and this woman is given the 007 moniker she goes and gets Bond out of retirement....no one mentioned but another part of the article said that henceforth bond girls will be referred as bond women.......oh and Bond tries his seductive ways on her to no avail , her character could be killed off for all we know.....how about we at least give it a chance, people are judg
ing this movie before it is even out

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Being old, I actually read a few of Ian Flemming's books before seeing any of the movies.

Bond will always be a hard-drinking, womanizing, sexist bastard that kills bad guys in the best ways possible.

With the best toys. Besides Batman.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Well, the Bond films are usually very good. Let's wait and see with the next one and the plot before we all write it off.

Of course we don't know whether Lashana Lynch survives into the next film to becme the next one. In deed, there are rumoured to be several contenders for the next Bond and they are all men, and range from Idris Elba, Benedict Cumberbatch and others.

Not Idris Elba. He's the wrong height for Bond.

Daniel Craig's height or smaller.
edit on 14-7-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII

The current Wonder Woman actor (I forget her name) does already look a bit..."off"... Who knows...

Riiiiiiight. Sounds kinda incel-ish.

Not attractive at all.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Cubby would not approve.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

Bond is not a moniker. Bond is a person. They can be 007, they can not be Bond. Is it not possible for a black woman to create her own franchise? Why can't they? Are they inferior?

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Can we be really clear on this thread.....

SHE IS NOT PLAYING BOND SHE IS PLAYING A SPY WITH THE 007 TITLE, ITS NOT THE SAME

Quoted just because some people still don't seem to get this.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

SHE IS NOT PLAYING BOND SHE IS PLAYING A SPY WITH THE 007 TITLE, ITS NOT THE SAME

It is fine in the context of the Bond universe, but I still don't like it. I would rather it was a different number. What I would really prefer is they simply create a new franchise.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Not attractive at all.

MmmmmHmmm.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

how about we at least give it a chance, people are judg ing this movie before it is even out

Nah. If you’re not ready to take an absolute stance after reading the headline on one thread on ATS and not even bothering to read the entire article then you’re not quick enough to take a stand, period.

Expecting people to actually wait to see a movie before forming an opinion on said movie is just plain silly.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: ScepticScot

It is fine in the context of the Bond universe, but I still don't like it. I would rather it was a different number. What I would really prefer is they simply create a new franchise.

Bond 25 is still a bond movie starring Daniel Craig.

Not a spin off.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

No facts please! The boys want to cry, so let them cry. Whats irritating, these warriors cry a lot in these days, why is that?

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

The current Wonder Woman actor (I forget her name) does already look a bit..."off"... Who knows...

Riiiiiiight. Sounds kinda incel-ish.

Not attractive at all.

I remember when I thought girls had cooties too. It’ll pass.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

And in the film the new "Bond" becomes Lashana Lynch.

screenwriter Phoebe Waller-Bridge intervened to pass the torch on to the star.

"There is a pivotal scene at the start of the film where M says 'Come in 007,' and in walks Lashana who is black, beautiful and a woman," a Bond insider claimed. "It's a popcorn-dropping moment. Bond is still Bond but he's been replaced as 007 by this stunning woman."

The insider claims that the "Bond 25" script will maintain all of the classic Bond elements, including action and fight scenes with star Daniel Craig, while also tackling the super-spy's role in the #MeToo era — but with an injection of humor over overt preaching.

www.foxnews.com...

If they want a black woman to be a spy create a new franchise.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

No facts please! The boys want to cry, so let them cry. Whats irritating, these warriors cry a lot in these days, why is that?

It's hard work being in defense of a man child 24/7, it takes its toll and these warriors are running low on excuses.

On topic, oh another bond film, how original.
edit on 14-7-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Not attractive at all.

MmmmmHmmm.

She'd make a smoking hot 007.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

From what I understand one of the main points of the movie is the new Bond becoming a black woman, a passing of the torch. My hope is that Bond 26 will become the rumored reboot directed by someone else entirely and this travesty will not come to pass.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

a reply to: ScepticScot

And in the film the new "Bond" becomes Lashana Lynch.

screenwriter Phoebe Waller-Bridge intervened to pass the torch on to the star.

"There is a pivotal scene at the start of the film where M says 'Come in 007,' and in walks Lashana who is black, beautiful and a woman," a Bond insider claimed. "It's a popcorn-dropping moment. Bond is still Bond but he's been replaced as 007 by this stunning woman."

The insider claims that the "Bond 25" script will maintain all of the classic Bond elements, including action and fight scenes with star Daniel Craig, while also tackling the super-spy's role in the #MeToo era — but with an injection of humor over overt preaching.

www.foxnews.com...

If they want a black woman to be a spy create a new franchise.

You know that in the bond movies there have been a number of women spies and even 'shock horror' black women.

Bond is still played by Daniel Craig. It's still a Bond movie.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

a reply to: oloufo

From what I understand one of the main points of the movie is the new Bond becoming a black woman, a passing of the torch. My hope is that Bond 26 will become the rumored reboot directed by someone else entirely and this travesty will not come to pass.

007 is the code name.

Bond is the character name.

She is not playing Bond.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join