It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a warthog just flew over my house, he was so low he saw me waving and tipped his wing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
it was just now at 2:22 in penfield NY near penfield road and sanders farm(street)

nothing else before it or come after it, seems odd a lone A-12 so low over a very in the middle of upstate ny subberbia.

i apologize for not getting pics, my phone was not cooperating and i wanted to see the jet. im sure it will be on the flight tracker sites, i don't really know how to operate those sites so hopefully someone here will post it
edit on 12-7-2019 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

I'm a Brit but I love those old A10's, kind of ugly but also kind of very beautiful and what other plane could equal them in ground support, faster than a strike helicopter and that mean's that there is still a viable role for them.
Tough beasts as well.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

National Warplane Museum-Geneseo Airshow. The A-10C Demo Team is flying.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

That is just freekin cool man. Ya got chills I bet.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Least he didn't go "Brrrrrtt!!"
edit on 7/12/2019 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

nice, to bad i didn't see the others.

i wish my camera worked quicker because he was so low i was basically looking at him with no distortion.

and i can't believe he saw me at tilted at me and i swear he hit the throttle for a second as he went out of sight(seemed a lot more than needed to maintain airspeed)

terryMcGuire: yeah its always amazing to see A=10's and this was surprisingly quite as i have always heard them screaming along

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I will believe this when pigs fly. Oh wait..

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Me and a buddy was fishing on South Lake Barkley in Kentucky. Not far from FT. Campbell. There were 2 A10's that were doing some sort of manuvers right above us. At one point one of them swept down and got low enough to the Lake / River that it disturbed the water. It was the coolest / LOUDEST jet "show" I've ever seen. The 2 were in the area for about 15 minutes before they left. I've always been a fan of the A10 since the days of GIJOE, when Cobra had the "Rattler". One of my favorite toys.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

The Demo team generally travels as a single ship. It's one of the few times they allow them to travel as a single.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I am lucky enough to live in an area where I see them all the time. My favorite!

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
hearing a brrrrt in person is something that no video can do justice to. Something about A10s is just so primal.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Our vacation shack is in northern Michigan right next door to the gunnery range. The Michigan ANG flies the a-10 and f-16 regularly up there and let me tell you, treetop level all the time in 2 ship formations. One takes the orbit, the other the strafe and it goes on for an hour at a time. The Falcons also do 2 ship formations. At night when they light the burners and drop flares it's pretty cool.

One thing - the engines on the Warthog when they're spooling up for a run is bone chilling. Nothing like it.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: billxam

They're also a lot higher than you expect them to be when you're having to take oil samples after parking them.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Having an F111 doing a tree top run with wings swept back over me and a friend out bush in NSW is something I remember.Or watching Superbugs perform low level exercises out in western Qld while putting up grain silos is another.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Hey there fellow Rochesterian. You probably saw the The A-10 Thunderbolt II that's part of this years airshow at the National Warplane Museum in Geneseo, NY. The show ran today and will also take place this upcoming weekend.

BTW, I live in Chili and when the Blue Angels are in town, they appear to be flying right over my tree tops. Watch them from my deck...too bad my two dogs aren't big fans.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Smashing plane.

Quite literally when it lets loose with that 30mm.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

We had one guy out in the middle of nowhere somewhere near the Outback sit there and watch Top Cover go flying past.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: billxam

I'm in Michigan as well and love seeing them fly over during the summer. That is my favorite, the SR-71 comes in at a close second.

When I was 14-15 years old (late 70s) a jet, not sure which one all these years later, flew over a field next to our house so low I thought it was going to crash into the house. At the last second it went up and over, scared the daylights out of me and my younger brother who was around seven years old at the time.
edit on 12-7-2019 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Awesome! They fly so slow one wonders how they do this without falling out of the sky! I live near Davis Monthan AFB (Tucson) so am able to see them all of the time...giant deadly dragonflies.
edit on 12-7-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Blue Angels like to do leisure cruises up & down the Gulf coast of FL when they're doing shows in the region. Can't even begin to count how many times I saw that squad blast through the Tampa/SRQ coastal area super-low and everyone around eyes to the sky, catching flies. It's impressive the first time, and still damn impressive the umpteenth time

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join