It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Labor Secretary Acosta announces he will step down, amid criticism over Epstein plea deal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta will be stepping down in a week over his past involvement in a highly controversial plea deal for financier Jeffrey Epstein, who is now facing sex trafficking charges.

President Trump announced the shakeup Friday morning in remarks to reporters.

Acosta came under fire this week for his role as U.S. attorney for Florida in securing a plea deal for Epstein that resulted in an 18-month sentence — he served just 13 months.

Source

And another one bites the dust.

Good riddance. Whether or not Acosta was the mastermind behind letting Epstein go, it's clear he knows more than he's letting on.

I won't be surprised if he ends up in a country that we don't have an extradition treaty with.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Bet no one is sad about this one.

Good riddance.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Child predators should be shot, not given 13 months in a halfway house.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I won't be shedding any tears for Acosta. But neither am I going to cheer. One more time where the guilty go free and the tools take the fall.

Whatever Acosta did or did not do, he wasn't the one calling the shots in the big picture.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
the sacrificial lamb has been slaughtered. Now since there is nothing to see here, please move along and go back to your regular business.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If he is found guilty of any broken laws in that decision, by the legal system, may he die a horrible death and be tormented by those victims throughout eternity.

However, NOT BEFORE that legal determination is completed.

If we as a society depend upon only public opinion and accusations to decide guilt, then we have regressed back 500 years, and the Salem Witch trials. What would stop someone that does not like you, or disagrees with your political position from falsely accusing YOU of child molestation. You would be vilified in the public mindset, and whether true or false, be branded as such for the rest for your life. As we all know, the media retractions rarely (if ever) make it to the "front page" or headlines.

So, criticize wisely, as you might be next in the sights of a vengeful person with a grudge.

Remember, the accusation of "PEDO!" is the new "RACIST!" rally cry.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Good riddance. Whether or not Acosta was the mastermind behind letting Epstein go, it's clear he knows more than he's letting on.

And so do a lot of other people. E. had an international network of people working for his enterprise that knew details of Epstein's BS. Big names will be implicated...

www.rawstory.com...

www.miamiherald.com...
edit on 12-7-2019 by olaru12 because: xx00

edit on 12-7-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

While your point rings true for the court of law, employees don't have to break a law for us to politely (or not) tell them to get lost.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Bet no one is sad about this one.

Good riddance.

lol Acosta is bringing us together.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Epstein's lawyers should also be questioned about the intimidation of Epstein's victims, including Acosta; he knows much more about the Epstein ring of pedophiles than he is telling imo

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

While your point rings true for the court of law, employees don't have to break a law for us to politely (or not) tell them to get lost.

Do you think he did a bad job in the role? If so, then yes, asking him to leave, or him voluntarily stepping down is a good thing. But, not if the reason is because he was involved in a case many years before taking this job, that is now being questioned. Guilt by association is still a witch hint mentality.

I hope you would agree, regardless of your personal political feelings about your current president.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Do you think he did a bad job in the role? If so, then yes, asking him to leave, or him voluntarily stepping down is a good thing. But, not if the reason is because he was involved in a case many years before taking this job, that is now being questioned. Guilt by association is still a witch hint mentality.

I hope you would agree, regardless of your personal political feelings about your current president.

Context is key my friend.

Most circumstances I would agree with you. But this one was at the expense of kids to (what appears) to be protect elites. Someone who does that has no business being a "public servant", they already proved they can't.

Other mistakes I don't mind tolerating, letting a monster free isn't one of them.

BTW, my feelings about the current president rarely change how I look at separate matters. I know it would surprise a few, but I voted for him, and I don't regret it considering the options. That doesn't mean I can't be critical of him though, in fact I believe I get to hold him to certain promises more considering I helped get him in.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

He dropped the ball and/or helped facilitate the freedom of a kid toucher. I don't care if he was the greatest Labor Secretary the US has ever seen, that's a line not to be crossed.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Again, I agree IF FOUND GUILTY of that. Accusations and trial via public opinion when it comes to this type of heinous crime should reinforce that caution.

If someone can be simply accused of malfeasance in this respect, without any due process, we are no better than those that publicly accused witches without any evidence whatsoever. Most of those accusations were backed by personal hatred and fear. I am not attempting to defend actions of a pedo, not at all. However, let us PROVE he protected Epstein first before passing judgement.

That is all I am saying. Do NOT believe all the bad press you see/read/hear because it meets your standard of hatred for the president OR for Epstein. Guilt by association is still WRONG....regardless.

ETA: Full disclosure, I didn't vote for Trump as president. But, he was legally elected as my president. DO I agree with everything he does, heck no. But I am not going to transfer my personal feelings for him to someone else either.

edit on 7/12/2019 by Krakatoa because: added additional clarification

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

He dropped the ball and/or helped facilitate the freedom of a kid toucher. I don't care if he was the greatest Labor Secretary the US has ever seen, that's a line not to be crossed.

Has that accusation been proven? Where was that legal decision? Until then., it is an ACCUSATION ONLY. We should refrain form attempting to ruin someone's life over accusations only. Have we not learned anything in 500 years?

Sheesh people, You are acting like sharks with blood in the water. All I am asking is for letting the cards play out before declaring you won the pot.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Sheesh people, You are acting like sharks with blood in the water. All I am asking is for letting the cards play out before declaring you won the pot.

Unless it's H. Clinton...no indictment, no trial, just "lock that POS up"

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Please, where is that quote from? Not from me. Add the post link if you can.

edit on 7/12/2019 by Krakatoa because: added additional clarification

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Just gonna add this little tidbit here:

Federal authorities consider the smaller of the two islands to be Epstein’s primary residence in the United States, a place where at least one alleged victim said in a court affidavit that she participated in an orgy, as well as had sex with Epstein and other people. She said she saw former U.S. President Bill Clinton on the island, but that she never saw him having sex with anyone. A Clinton spokesman has issued a statement saying he never visited there.

Link

So at least one victim confirms Bill Clinton visited the island, which many folks around here are still in denial about. And remember, you have to believe victims, otherwise you're sexist, bigoted rape apologist. #metoo

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Please, where is that quote from? Not from me. Add the post link if you can.

You know what I'm talking about. Trump supporters don't need any legal decision. Sharks in the water indeed!

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

You know what I'm talking about. Trump supporters don't need any legal decision. Sharks in the water indeed!

So, you are attributing MY response to others actions?
More guilt by association I see. Can't refute my position, so you resort to those tactics too?

Not cool.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join