It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does it say that most technological breakthrough happens in the west.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
What does it say that most technological breakthrough happens in the west.

easy... they have the money and forces to buy and steal from the rest of the world…!

Maybe because the West is more educated
Why are you so blind to the obvious

Where did they get the money from, how did they work out how to steal of the uneducated
Mindless

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
lolll not true !!!!
most of the today's tech came from nazi Germany...by copieing and operation paperclip...
so an kind of nazi regime would give the world an boost ...haha

a reply to: TheTruthRocks

Yeah, the nazis were so advanced they couldn’t lose the war, so smart they were unstoppable

Why is the general intellect on ats so low now?

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I've two separate viewpoints on this

1. The United States usually steals the best minds from other countries and cultures and brings them here. We offer money and luxury so they flock here.

2. although I do believe that most technological advancements come from the West.... Why does it feel like everything comes from the East? When I think of next generation technology... I think of Japan and Korea and China. I think of the yearly advancements in processing chips, cell phone technology, battery technology, and robotics.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Our entire existance has been OVERSEEN by a Group of very very human people....for thousands of years.

The epicenters for greater learning and for greater advancement were chosen for geographical reasons.

Every wonder how a Country like Canada maintains its Independence and its Freedom protecting its MASSIVE REOURCES from the literally HORDES of humanity around the globe????...no Military...bupkiss….but NO ONE EVER EVEN GIVES CANADA AN AGRESSIVE GLANCE.

Education and Opportunity need to meet in the middle for greater learning and advancement to occur … parameters that can be controlled.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong
a reply to: zatara

What docu? Any hints?

I did dwnld it from somewhere and the only thing on YT I could find is below this line.

Succes finding the series...very interesting.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong
a reply to: Raggedyman

Some of these selfish greedy families existed ancestrally well before any reformation

And they still do and always will but now
There are many more who want more for themselves and don’t are about others

Did you not notice

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
I've two separate viewpoints on this

1. The United States usually steals the best minds from other countries and cultures and brings them here. We offer money and luxury so they flock here.

2. although I do believe that most technological advancements come from the West.... Why does it feel like everything comes from the East? When I think of next generation technology... I think of Japan and Korea and China. I think of the yearly advancements in processing chips, cell phone technology, battery technology, and robotics.

And the US was set up by Protestants whom wanted religious freedom and got it and now they can afford buy the best minds
What’s wrong with thinking?

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Capitalism and free markets are the ultimate innovator. The profit motive is what drives all the innovation from the West. The other issue is that the West respects intellectual property and has laws to protect it compared to say China.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I would say that it shows that authoritarianism suppresses innovation.

People will work just hard enough to not be killed/fired/singled out.

But what about the interest of the individual.. Some people have this craving for exploration, investigationa..discovery. And some kids have the potential to become great scientists. On the other hand I think that authoritarian governments are well aware of how valuable super duper smart people are for the development of their country...besides the exception, there is always the exception when a psychopath lunatic dictator murders all its scientist, artist...great minds.

Will a family with a valuable scientist among them not encourage this special family member because his...or her outstanding controbution will give the family privileges?

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

originally posted by: watchitburn

I would say that it shows that authoritarianism suppresses innovation.

People will work just hard enough to not be killed/fired/singled out.

But what about the interest of the individual.. Some people have this craving for exploration, investigationa..discovery. And some kids have the potential to become great scientists. On the other hand I think that authoritarian governments are well aware of how valuable super duper smart people are for the development of their country...besides the exception, there is always the exception when a psychopath lunatic dictator murders all its scientist, artist...great minds.

Will a family with a valuable scientist among them not encourage this special family member because his...or her outstanding controbution will give the family privileges?

The other variable that is not mentioned is that innovation often needs financial backers as well. Leftist often forget about this component. The US has a well developed angel / venture capital / private equity industry where (gasp!) rich people seek out new ideas/companies to invest in.

Free markets are far more efficient than governments in figuring out new ideas because the markets are unconstrained.

Sometimes being a brilliant scientist or inventor is not enough. You need capital and skills to bring ideas to market. Many scientist/innovators do not have those business/finance skills.

Govt may have created the internet, but only capitalist would figure out how to use it to make money, etc.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Capitalism and free markets are the ultimate innovator. The profit motive is what drives all the innovation from the West. The other issue is that the West respects intellectual property and has laws to protect it compared to say China.

Not any more, China is ready to usurp capitalism, just watch

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
With a population of over 1.4 billion the Chinese are bound to surpass somebody in something. LB for LB though no. Not even close. 4X's as many people as the US and the US is still ahead of them in most areas.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
"The United States usually steals the best minds from other countries and cultures and brings them here. We offer money and luxury so they flock here."

Hang on a second there, pilgrim. I'm fairly certain--per legal definition--people that willingly "flock" to any location they desire does not constitute kidnapping.

Nobody in the US is systematically stealing anyone from foreign countries. The *incentive to prosper* is very often the motivating factor when foreign citizens desire to relocate to the US.

Follow the money.

That's where the truth is.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTruthRocks
"The United States usually steals the best minds from other countries and cultures and brings them here. We offer money and luxury so they flock here."

Hang on a second there, pilgrim. I'm fairly certain--per legal definition--people that willingly "flock" to any location they desire does not constitute kidnapping.

Nobody in the US is systematically stealing anyone from foreign countries. The *incentive to prosper* is very often the motivating factor when foreign citizens desire to relocate to the US.

Follow the money.

That's where the truth is.

You don't like the word steal?

If you had a beautiful girlfriend, who was incredible in every way...

Then a guy rolls up in a new Ferrari, flashes a suitcase with 1mil in it, and tells your girlfriend to hop in and live a dream life with him and leave you behind.. and she does it...

You wouldn't say.. well.. he gave her "incentive to prosper".. no..

You'd say a rich douche stole your girlfriend.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Innovation is the product of free mind supported by the rule of law.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

If a woman is willing to hop in another guy’s car with him, she was never ‘incredible in every way’. She is a gold-digging whore.

Hahaha!

Good riddance!

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTruthRocks
a reply to: Lucidparadox

If a woman is willing to hop in another guy’s car with him, she was never ‘incredible in every way’. She is a gold-digging whore.

Hahaha!

Good riddance!

It doesn't change that the idiot who bought her will later brag about how he gets all the best girls in insta and face (at least the ones that look the part) so in the end, good riddance for the original guy but in this case the loser with money that can't get any girl without paying for her has become the US :S lol

And you find that funny lol
edit on 9-7-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   

The west industrialized more quickly. So it had better schools and universities, and more people with the wealth to sit around and invent new things without starving to death.

In modern times most research money is in the west, so researchers tend to go there.

Looks at MIT. Every other grad student is called Wang, or Patel, or Haddad. So even when something is invented in the west, its not always a true Western invention, as the people behind it are often immigrants or foreign researchers.

You can't sneezing in a tech company these days without hitting a Chinese intern with your germs, or an Indian programmer.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: troubleshooter
Innovation is the product of free mind supported by the rule of law.

Which would be why China is the cent er of the universe as far as mobile comms is concerned?

Innovation happens when grant money is available, it's easier to innovate when you aren't missing meals to pay for your tuition, or buying your lab equipment from bankruptcy sales

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   
China is a Communist state that adopted a Capitalist economic model that leverages its innovation from the West.

The Communist state is to China's population as a rowboat is to the Pacific Ocean but the people have not realized it yet...
...except maybe in Hong Kong.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join