It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do monkeys have no wings?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   
In this thread I will put up people who are convinced the mainstream evolution theory is real to the test.

This thread is not about whether God exists or not because I know he exists.

This thread deals about three questions!

1. What type of environment makes a being grow wings?

2. Howcome does this environment causes wings on a being, how is the being receptive to change in such manner?

3. Why do monkeys have no wings?

Thank you.

edit on 3-7-2019 by Out6of9Balance because: music video added

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Same reason why bullfrogs don't have wings.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   
As I understand it, the theory of "selection" is that the environment does not cause specific mutations, but "rewards" the most useful ones. That deals with the first two questions.
On the third point, monkeys are too heavy. Even cats, which also like climbing trees, did not develop wings.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   
A couple of chimps flew up to outer space.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
In this thread I will put up people who are convinced the mainstream evolution theory is real to the test.

This thread is not about whether God exists or not because I know he exists.

This thread deals about three questions!

2. Howcome does this environment causes wings on a being, how is the being receptive to change in such manner?

Thank you.

Because it's all fun and games until the flying monkeys attack

But seriously it's obvious you already have a made up mind, if you wanted to be honest you would give your theory first and ask for it yo be reviewed instead of this

Also most people who believe in God have no problem understanding evolution, you want to deny it and that roads leads to fundamentalism

I know because i read a book that said so, just like you 😘

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   

A high-stress, fast-paced environment

They drink a Red Bull and get wiiiiiiings. They love it.

They don't drink enough Red Bull

Thank you.

No prob

edit on 3-7-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

Same reason why bullfrogs don't have wings.

And why is that?

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   
After they de evolved from flying men the wizard of Earth trapped them all unintentionally in a vortex as they were gathered around him during his first test flight of his hot air balloon which had some top secret gadgets...So alas this dimension lost not only the wizard but also every single flying monkey we once had. I have heard strange tales of them all being in a different dimension in a land called Oz...

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 12:31 AM
link   
They found 1/15th of the fossils of a flying squirrel.

I believe that would be all the proof any of them would need.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Seriously?

Because there are a lot of things to consider before you can fly:

- hollow bones to lose weight. (apes do not have those or are inclined to those)
- extreme muscular breasts. (while reducing muscle mass in arms, see above)
- what would be the outcome to this? Reach higher fruits? Well, apes are wellknown for their ability to climb trees.

There is neither need nor inclination to develop the ability to fly for an ape.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Why didn't monkeys adapt to hollow bones and then why do birds fly? Because a dinosaur needed to reach higher fruits? Deceive me!

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   

No monkey, no fly!

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I like the way you think, let's keep that thinking going.

Why did birds gets wings to follow the seasons. Instead of adapting to the seasonal changes.

Why didn't we get wings to follow the seasons because we like summer so much?

I see you also say food is the reason or one of the reasons for the adaptions. Someone just brought up the giraffe the other day. You know that was supposed to evolve alongside other herbivores on the African continent. You know there are many here? Or was it just blind and missed the food on the ground and the eyes evolved 2nd? How did the neck grow? It took generations of staring at the tree tops and then they starved but luckily had reproduced the next one to stare?

I know these sound like really stupid questions but when I apply your simple logic you do for reasons of why it couldn't happen and flip it around the other side starts to look a little dodgy for me.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Why didn't monkeys adapt to hollow bones and then why do birds fly? Because a dinosaur needed to reach higher fruits? Deceive me!

There are giant birds and can't fly these days, and chickens also cant really fly, right?

Why?

I guess God dumbed down on that one

And we still have lesser version of velociraptors, but freak and mortal af still, why?

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Monkeys have no wings because birds have no prehensile tails, and humans don’t have the 8x-power-vision that owls do.

Humans also don’t have gills. At least the ones I know sure don’t.

Questions for anyone willing to take a shot at me:

If God can make the lame walk again and do things like cure cancer, why can’t he make a person with a missing limb grow another one? Many non-human creatures have this ability.

Any idea why marsupials never get a mention in the Bible? Kangaroos are certainly strange creatures; someone would’ve mentioned ‘em.
edit on 3-7-2019 by TheTruthRocks because: I like kangaroos.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTruthRocks
Monkeys have no wings because birds have no prehensile tails, and humans don’t have the 8x-power-vision that owls do.

Humans also don’t have gills. At least the ones I know sure don’t.

Questions for anyone willing to take a shot at me:

If God can make the lame walk again and do things like cure cancer, why can’t he make a person with a missing limb grow another one? Many non-human creatures have this ability.

Any idea why marsupials never get a mention in the Bible? Kangaroos are certainly strange creatures; someone would’ve mentioned ‘em.

Do you have evidence of God making the lame walk and cure cancer?

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Wings on monkeys. Monkeys have have arms, legs and sometimes tails that are suited for their environments and adding wings would produce too much complications to the musculoskeletal system. Try and imagine the muscles needed to work wings big enough to lift even the smallest monkey. Besides, at least one mammal has found a solution to flight – the flying squirrel, and this has not led to the developmnet of wings.

Also bats, which are mammals have evolved wings, but these are extensions of the arms.

Perhaps the OP should consider “why” monkeys need wings when they have evolved highly dexterous limbs that work in their ecological niches.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Wings on monkeys. Monkeys have have arms, legs and sometimes tails that are suited for their environments and adding wings would produce too much complications to the musculoskeletal system. Try and imagine the muscles needed to work wings big enough to lift even the smallest monkey. Besides, at least one mammal has found a solution to flight – the flying squirrel, and this has not led to the developmnet of wings.

Also bats, which are mammals have evolved wings, but these are extensions of the arms.

Perhaps the OP should consider “why” monkeys need wings when they have evolved highly dexterous limbs that work in their ecological niches.

Thank God evolution is so intelligent.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Monkeys dont have wings ? First I'm hearing about it.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I googled monkey with wings...there you go.

Obviously a hoax thread.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join