It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Iran Strong Enough to Go to War with the U.S.?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: CanadianMason

Iran is strong enough to go to war with the US , they are ranked 14th of the 137 countries ranked in the Global Firepower review.
www.globalfirepower.com...

Yeah that's vastly oversimplifying the matter. For example in their aircraft section they rank Iran 24th in the world based solely on the number of aircraft they have. It doesn't take into account type, effectiveness, pilot training, logistics, or anything else that becomes important in a real war. That's a lousy source bud.

Also, keep in mind Iraq had the 4th-largest army in the world before Desert Storm. The media predicted a bloodbath. We cleaned their clocks.

ETA: Also, even if you trusted their numbers, America's "firepower index" is four times better than Iran's. That's not good for Iran.
edit on 25 6 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: Jesushere
Iran don't forget took over a US drone in the air and landed in Iran. US Command and control and the pilot flying the drone lost it, this showed Iran has high advanced capabilities in cyber warfare. They probably going to try to knock out electronic equipment belonging to US navy and US military.,

Do you have a reputable link to this?

This will give you a more detailed account of the incident. It was taken over by Iranian cyber units.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 25-6-2019 by Jesushere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

i'm not clear as to why the u.s. wants to go into iran in the first place.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Regardless , body bags will return if it were to happen which is why I don't believe it will , I don't believe Trump wants a war but Bolton and his feathered friends are pushing for it and upping the rhetoric in an attempt to get it.

If Iraq has taught us anything it's don't start something you can't finish.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If I was Iran, I'd want to know where the OMFG SSGNs are before I started talking trash. 624 Tomahawks can ruin your day.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Iran is strong enough to go to war with the US , they are ranked 14th of the 137 countries ranked in the Global Firepower review.

And Saddam's Iraq was listed 3rd , once upon a time
That dropped down considerably after the first few hours.
USAF turned Iraq into the world's only million hole golf course.

edit on 6/25/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

i'm not clear as to why the u.s. wants to go into iran in the first place.

I don't beleive most, in elected office, "want to go into IRAN". There are some warmongers, like Bolton, who have that mindset.

What most in the US don't want, is Iran to have nuclear weapons. We also don't want them screwing with oil prices, or supply on the world market, by closing the straight of Hormuz.

Then there is the fact that they are believed to be a sponsor of terrorism around the globe.

Not saying I buy all of it, or not, but that is the premise of the hostilities, as I understand it.
edit on 6252019 by Mach2 because: Sp

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
There won't be full scale war between the US and Iran. Give it a decade and Iran will be crumbling, or will have fallen to pieces. Not because of the CIA, but because the re is a massive demographic time-bomb in Iran. Too many intelligent men and women realising that their lives are being wasted away by a bunch of religious bigots.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Why is war with the Iran the first and only option??????

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
What is the maximum price per barrel of oil that the world economy could tolerate without causing a full blown economic collapse?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

a reply to: face23785

Regardless , body bags will return if it were to happen which is why I don't believe it will , I don't believe Trump wants a war but Bolton and his feathered friends are pushing for it and upping the rhetoric in an attempt to get it.

If Iraq has taught us anything it's don't start something you can't finish.

This is great how people keep bringing up Iraq. Find one administration official who is advocating for invading Iran right now. I'll wait.

Limited strikes and an invasion are completely different things. This is the kind of thing you might not understand if you get your info from sources I just explained to you are shoddy at best.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Who has been advocating for declaring war on Iran?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
There won't be full scale war between the US and Iran. Give it a decade and Iran will be crumbling, or will have fallen to pieces. Not because of the CIA, but because the re is a massive demographic time-bomb in Iran. Too many intelligent men and women realising that their lives are being wasted away by a bunch of religious bigots.

No because of those sanctions, they ain't allowed to sell anything basically or even buy. Other country's which igonore those US sanctions put in place will be punished as well:

For example the EU & EU company's who try to ignore those sanctions put on Iran and still trade are attacked by the US with treats:

U.S. Warns Europe That Its Iran Workaround Could Face Sanctions
“Engaging in activities that run afoul of U.S. sanctions can result in severe consequences, including a loss of access to the U.S. financial system.”

So they try to destroy the economy of Iran, and hope people rise up against their government basically when people loose their jobs & experiencing poverty or worse & overthrow their government this way. If that doesn't work yea war perhaps.

But don't worry, Europe if war happens can harbor most of those people fleeing from Iran if war is the case sure. Millions surely. They got a hell of experience from people for example from Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan and so on.

Iran most likely would look like those country's in the aftermath:

edit on 25-6-2019 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Your golf course has cost over 4,000 American lives and 32,000 wounded, and they are still dying there (8 so far in 2019.) That is a pretty high greens fee. It has taken 16 years of blood and money (1.7 Trillion so far plus up to 6 Trillion in future veterans payments in the future.)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADVISOR
By proxy yes, they are the most capable, especially when considering how they proved such in Iraq.

As the largest state sponsor of terrorism in the world they have proven they can indirectly.

Now, as for force on force conventional war, never.

Their military isn't advanced enough or large enough to go toe to toe, or tow to tow for that matter.

In fact, not many if any military forces in the conventional sence are capable of defeating our armed forces. Hence why they are the world police as it is.

I agree pretty much, except it would be like Iraq and last maybe 3 days lol. I'd just say this about that :-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Obviously, it isn't.

If it were, we would have hit them when they attacked tankers, and shot down our drone.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy

originally posted by: Gothmog

Your golf course has cost over 4,000 American lives and 32,000 wounded, and they are still dying there (8 so far in 2019.) That is a pretty high greens fee. It has taken 16 years of blood and money (1.7 Trillion so far plus up to 6 Trillion in future veterans payments in the future.)

You don't even understand what he's talking about. He's talking about the first Gulf War. The fact you didn't get that kinda shows you're not well-equipped to debate this topic.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Obviously, it isn't.

If it were, we would have hit them when they attacked tankers, and shot down our drone.

They can't debate the actual issue, so they have to make stuff up. Typical strategy among that group.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Obviously, it isn't.

They can't debate the actual issue, so they have to make stuff up. Typical strategy among that group.

So where is the proof that Iran is behind those ships? Lol if Iran would fly a drone close to US borders..... They surely would not do the same, right!? Especially if Iran had the same power as the US where they could place sanctions on the US before so the US wouldn't be allowed to buy or sell anything…. and putting nearby Iranian Aircraft carriers and other ships and even soldiers close to US borders.
Before that like the US destroyed/leveled nearby country's at Iran before, so if Iran destroyed Canada and Mexico before even, yea try debating such an enemy.

Perhaps the US can't debate the issue because Iran = the enemy so they have to create stuff up and then say; look Iran is bad.

The US left the nuclear treaty and just look how much Iran is in the news right after, they didn't have time for Iran before that. N-Korea and other enemy's they had to deal with first.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe

.that would last about 3 days and then their military would be completely decimated

I would bet The Soviet Union thought the same when they invaded Afghanistan.

9 years later The Soviets gave up and went home.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join