It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knitting community bans posts supporting Trump - such posts are support for white supremacy

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Well, except for the political gay pride flag in the upper left hand corner of each page.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I've decided to take my talents to www.knittingwithoutborders.com

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Trump won because hate ruled against Hilary and you know it.

That or that or common sense. Americans not wanting to support; a racist (Her mentor was a grand wizard of the kkk,) corrupt (was kicked off the Watergate commission for being to corrupt,) victim bashing (the women her husband allegedly raped,) connected to a sex/child trafficking, suppression of women cult (NXVIM,) sociopath (even Putin thought she was one,) liar (I do not have the time to list all her lies,) possible killer (Clinton body count,) who in her first primary alluded to someone assassinating her opponent (Barry,) might be the reason Trump won vs hatred of her just more people realized what a terrible person she is. I voted for Jill as a protest vote ftr but would never ever vote for Hillary even if a gun was put against my forehead, I would rather be shot in the face than to vote for her. Do I hate her? I feel sorry for her since she is lacks a soul!

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   
You "ban" your wife from using Pinterest?

a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   

You mean no politics that aren't your own.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Nope, that would be white supremacy hate, racist hate and the many other types of hate that aren't my own.
edit on 16CDT08America/Chicago01780830 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
You "ban" your wife from using Pinterest?

a reply to: rickymouse

Just for recipes.....People spice things differently and we are not used to those spices because our ancestors never ate them.

If I made a dish with turmeric in it, she would not eat it but I can eat a little. My daughter was all hyped up about turmeric when she went to India, but learned that it negatively effects her, so now she cut it down to just a little in her diet. People in India and the middle east need this spice but to us it is a medicine, we can use it short term and it is a powerful medicine, but we cannot eat a lot of this spice regularly. It will give us side effects if we do too much of it.

Pinterest recipes contain lots of things we are not accustomed to as Far northern Europeans. People from all kinds of cultures post stuff on there.
edit on 26-6-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Not sure I understand what the big deal really is.

The knitting forum is a privately owned community and totally within it's rights to make it's own rules and community guidelines. Free speech is only related to the government.

If it wan'ts to make fascist styled rules, that's totally within the owner's purview and to have his Mod's enforce the rules. If they want to alienate or drive off part of their user base so everyone left behind follows their groupthink then more power to them.

Someone should go start or find a knitting community that is open minded, fair and doesn't care what political affliation you are as long as you rock at knitting lol

Hypocritcal sites like the one in the OP just make me laugh. "We are an inclusive commuity, as long as your a Stepford Citizen. Seig Heil"

I've left/abandoned more than one community that had that sort of mentality before (though it wasn't over or about politics).

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thanatos0042
Not sure I understand what the big deal really is.

The knitting forum is a privately owned community and totally within it's rights to make it's own rules and community guidelines. Free speech is only related to the government.

If it wan'ts to make fascist styled rules, that's totally within the owner's purview and to have his Mod's enforce the rules. If they want to alienate or drive off part of their user base so everyone left behind follows their groupthink then more power to them.

Someone should go start or find a knitting community that is open minded, fair and doesn't care what political affliation you are as long as you rock at knitting lol

Hypocritcal sites like the one in the OP just make me laugh. "We are an inclusive commuity, as long as your a Stepford Citizen. Seig Heil"

I've left/abandoned more than one community that had that sort of mentality before (though it wasn't over or about politics).

Well, those that were harassing others in minority groups (and using Trump ideology to do it) have chosen to leave and most people there are elated about it.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Thanatos0042

Long story short: Ravelry WAS the place to go. More than a forum, it offered immediate help if you had issues with a sick ewe, or a bad pattern or bad yarn. 24/7. Free. I sent people there all the time ( I do seminars on fiber).

There is nothing else remotely like it. And the person who runs it, her spouse is a super IT guy. Ravelry runs perfectly.

It IS privately owned so they can do as they wish.

And as a private citizen, I spent a couple hours contacting every fiber shop, fiber manufacturer and distributor. I said "I do not like censorship. If you continue to support Ravelry, I will no longer support you."

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Harassing users of a site (no matter what ideology is used) should be dealt with by the owner and the mods and those people should leave.

I've owned and moderated sites across the internet, personally and professionally and we never handled trolls in such a manner, so I suspect there's an agenda behind it.

But, private site - it doesn't matter. If it's an anti-trump, anti-conservative site, there's nothing wrong with saying only to-the-left politics may be spoken about there.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Nope, that would be white supremacy hate, racist hate and the many other types of hate that aren't my own.

Or any political view that is not your own, since that is what was banned.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: katfish

I see, I didn't know it was such a one-of-a-kind site. It's ashame the site has decided to play political sides instead of actually being inclusive to everyone.

I'm not sure how I feel about the whole war on vendors and such. There's two sides to that story, but you have to do you and do what you feel is the right course of action and look at yourself in the mirror every morning.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

So your own hate is fine?

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I thought the place sounded like something my ex would create she's one of the top people in the world of fiber. She had a fit en I told her Bernie didn't stand a chance. Then when he rolled over she believed Trump paid him so he d run against a woman. We don't communicate at all anymore.

HAHAHAHAHA I think she hates me now more than 20 years ago.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I was referring to politics that aren't my own and the list above is included in a certain type of political agenda. That political agenda of hate is not owned by me.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I was referring to politics that aren't my own and the list above is included in a certain type of political agenda. That political agenda of hate is not owned by me.

You own your own hatred.

Did you...or did you not...refer to Christians as "Bible Thumpers"?

That's a derogatory term.

List of religious slurs
en.wikipedia.org...

Many on the Left are truly overflowing with Hatred for others...They just choose to ignore it within themselves and project it upon others.

This is what currently passes for "enlightened" among the Left these days.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I use to call myself a bible thumper and sometimes I still thump it down. I am neither left nor right just seeing the hypocrisy all round.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
5 Reasons Ravelry Banning Trump Support Is A Much Bigger Deal Than You Might Think

This is from the federalist, not some whacko site.....just so you know before you click.

Hundreds of thousands of crafters use Ravelry to find new ideas, new patterns, new projects, new yarns. Allowing political leftism but not conservatism will affect them.

I agree with the article....it is not really a "free" site....I spend time there, I have bought patterns there, and I later found some are cheaper from the source.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join