It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jussie Smollett case to be reviewed by special prosecutor, Illinois judge says

page: 1

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Cook County State Attorney Kim Foxx's handling of the controversial Jussie Smollett alleged hate crime case -- including the contentious decision to suddenly drop all charges against him -- will be examined by a special prosecutor, an Illinois judge ruled Friday afternoon.

The decision by Cook County Judge Michael Toomin comes after a deluge of criticism and second-guessing regarding Foxx's management of the case, in which Smollett claimed he was attacked in the early morning hours of Jan. 29 while walking home to his Chicago apartment.

Toomin, according to the Chicago Tribune, said the special prosecutor could re-charge Smollett.

Source: Jussie Smollett case to be reviewed by special prosecutor, Illinois judge says

Let's hope this special prosecutor is free from bias and political influence in this reassessment and review. It likely will come out the same, after that influence is rampant in Chicago, as everyone knows by now. But, let's see what fact they can dig up that may indicate the true reason his case was dismissed and sealed in the fashion it was at the time.

And, if found to be politically motivated, they should be willing to re-open the case and retry it and reveal it for what I think it truly was, a hate crime hoax intended to sway political decisions in the then hate crime bill being discussed and eventually passed.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Even more so...if those charges were dropped due to political motivation or cronyism those responsible deserve their day in court as well...I hear obstruction of justice is a hot charge these days...

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The fact that his 'Empire' cast mates still believe him is proof positive that we're living in Clown World.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If the special prosecutor is unbiased, this will lead directly to Michelle Obama who was instrumental in getting all charges dropped.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Now this is a real do over case.

I truly believed that Kim Foxx let him off free because, Brothers and Sisters, lets be real here, this her kinfolk. Where ma Kinfolk at???

Last time I heard that was Joes Volcano nightclub and I stepped on some dudes shoe, he threw his drink at me and yelled, "Where my Kinfolk at???!!!" and four massive black dudes rolled up. Nothing happened but a lot of S# talking, but still, I was like damn. I guess it's something you sort of pick up on, living in all altitudes of economic stratifications throughout my life.
edit on 21-6-2019 by Arnie123 because: heh

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Let's charge Foxx if any wrongdoing occurred as well.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I still think the bastard should have received the same charges two white guys in Trump hats would have received if they'd done to him what he did to himself.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Jussie "the fake self hate crime-hoaxer", and "I maintain my innocence" Smollett... I hope the truth comes out and all those who have committed crimes/obstruction are held accountable.

Booker and Harris' "anti-lynching bill" also has a fishy smell around this whole thing!
edit on 21-6-2019 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
The fact that his 'Empire' cast mates still believe him is proof positive that we're living in Clown World.

I doubt they actually believe him, my guess is that they are just publicly falling in line with the coverup so they avoid criticism from NPCs.

If he’s convicted a couple of them will come out with how they knew all along.

Maybe I’m just being naive, I just don’t think anyone could actually believe that story.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

exactly where the hell are the federal charges for the letter? If the Nigerian Princes did it, then arrest them, but somebody sent it, and broke a few laws (big ones) in the process. If that got dropped, then a giant investigation needs to happen. Not just Chicago.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Silly Rabbits, tricks are for kids!

This is Illinois, folks! It's all just window dressing. Oh sure, they'll assign a 'special prosecutor' alright...just so he/she can find no sign of wrong doing, and the state can say they did their part, but ultimately Foxx's decision was the correct one.

There's some big stakes in this one because there are some heavy hitters with skin in this game (think: Obamas, etc). They'll leave no stone un-turned trying to shield them.

top topics

join