It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump warned Iran U.S. attack was imminent

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   
interesting story at Reuters..
reuters.com

DUBAI (Reuters) - Iranian officials told Reuters on Friday that Tehran had received a message from U.S. President Donald Trump through Oman overnight warning that a U.S. attack on Iran was imminent.

“In his message, Trump said he was against any war with Iran and wanted to talk to Tehran about various issues ... he gave a short period of time to get our response but Iran’s immediate response was that it is up to Supreme Leader (Ayatollah Ali) Khamenei to decide about this issue,” one of the officials told Reuters on condition of anonymity.

The second official said: “We made it clear that the leader is against any talks, but the message will be conveyed to him to make a decision ... However, we told the Omani official that any attack against Iran will have regional and international consequences.”

spinnaker!

So many ways this could be understood..
Is Trump fighting people in the ranks and their efforts to spark a war, aka JFK and the Bay of Pigs?

Or is this Trumps tactic..send in the boats and the planes and call the leader.... Imagine if he did the same thing already with North Korea, who fell for the bluff... those two nations will be figuring out this is his strategy

Or is John Kerry and the Shadow Government communicating with Iran giving them advice how to challenge the US President?

It makes sense now why the attack was 'apparently' called off, Trump tried to scare them into negotiation and they didnt blink.. Trump is not ready to go to war with Iran and just showed the how unwilling the USA is to strike.
edit on 21/6/19 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop
Oman.... the country that Obama released Gitmo held terrorists to just before he left office?
Yeah, I don't know if this is news that can be trusted or not.
Hell, Trump could have released a false rumor just to throw everyone off and keep them guessing.
I'll wait for end results.
I'm thinking it will not be a bloody war, because the media wants us to think it will come to war.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Iran has been on the menu for a long time. People in our gov have had this planned and are obviously wanting a war. I have stated before that Trump doesn’t want a war. If this story about a message to Iran is legitimate, then i have a lot of respect for Trump to give them one last chance before the US war hawks complete their decades long plan to topple every middle eastern nation worth having.

Talks and negotiations are Trumps M.O. so, this doesn’t seem like an unlikely tactic.

My money is on Kerry telling Iran not to trust Trump. But i don’t trust Kerry.

Iran will go down whenever the dogs of war are released. The war machine needs to eat, and those who control it want to get paid. Those mega yachts are getting more and more expensive

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Sources "unauthorized to speak on the issue" (I know boooo), told the Associated Press that air strikes were authorized and planes were in the air, but Trump called it off. Link

Curious that story is, though I'll take it with a grain of salt.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

If he doesn't go along with what the Israeli's want he will probably be JFK'd.

I thought according to our Constitution Congress only had the power to begin wars??????

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I thought according to our Constitution Congress only had the power to begin wars??????

The drone coming down may have given them the legal ability to respond in certain ways for a period of time before needing congressional approval.... I'm not sure though.

But Pompeo did elude to being able to act without congress by using (rightly or probably not) a 9/11 piece of legislature.

They were responding to comments Secretary of State Mike Pompeo made in a May 21 classified briefing for members of Congress that suggested that the Authorization for Use of Military Force, or AUMF, passed by Congress three days after 9/11 could provide a legal basis for a war with Iran.
The Intercept.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Trump never had the testicular fortitude...

They convened to find a new way to sell Saudi weapons, not to respond to Iran and the drone downing.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I read the drone invaded Iran's air space and was spying. It sounds like another false pretense to go to war.

War should not be the first and only solution.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

They convened to find a new way to sell Saudi weapons, not to respond to Iran and the drone downing.

Pence would have not hesitated. He's an end-of-the-world type Christian.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I don't think War was declared by anyone so not sure what your point is.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I read it was not.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

You would have condemned Trump if he HAD attacked, that's your M.O. Trump Evil for not wanting war, that's you, right?

We will have plenty of time and chances to destroy Iran should it come to it. For once, the Neocons and War Hawks on both sides, right and left, didn't get what they wanted.

Are you actually for lighting the match over this?

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Trump attacks and he is evil. He doesn't and he's weak. This is why no one cares about anything these TDS fools have to say.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

None of this is true.

The Saudi deal will go thru once Trump VETOS, done deal.

As for War, there would be an estimated 150 deaths, Trump says that's a no go.

Trump for the win.

I'd say, you don't have the "testicular fortitude" to admit you're wrong

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Trump attacks and he is evil. He doesn't and he's weak. This is why no one cares about anything these TDS fools have to say.
Dude tell me about it, infact one user in this thread is basically doing that 😆

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I am proud of my president. To have the balls to stand up to 40 years of MiC BS and refuse to murder human beings over a piece of overpriced tech is admirable and displays actual leadership.

As of right now, he has my vote and my sword.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

If Trump can refrain from conflict, he will have my support on this one. I think he needs to take a look at his advisers and secretaries that are engaged in foreign policy though. If he is looking for peace, I don't think his administration is necessarily with him on that.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
President Trump didn't take the Iranian bait and give them the martyrs they wanted.

The Iranians have been careful so far to avoid loss of life in their attacks on commercial ships and US assets.

The president called off strikes minutes before they were about to happen because the general told him there would be 150 Iranian casualties, not proportional response to shooting down an unmanned drone.

That isn't cowardice. It is the opposite.

Had those strikes happened the Iranians would have been playing victim to the world. And use it as justification for retaliatory attacks that would have led to an unstoppable escalation.

The president should be applauded for his restraint, instead he is criticized at every turn.

Do people really want to see another war that could kill hundreds of thousands?

"Are you not entertained?"

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

150 Iranian soldiers are with their families today, instead of funeral plans being made.

www.foxnews.com...

The War-Mongers and Trump-haters are not mainstream at this point in our history. New sheriff in town who actually uses his brain and heart SMARTLY

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

The president should be applauded for his restraint, instead he is criticized at every turn. 

Do people really want to see another war that could kill hundreds of thousands? 

"Are you not entertained?" 

*Applause*

top topics

<<   2 >>

join