It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self-help guru convicted in lurid sex-trafficking case

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
It's over for the head honcho. Keith Raniere has been found guilty
of racketeering, sex trafficking and probably a few statutory items
that cropped up during his trial in the last couple of weeks.

Creepy has limits, and this guy IMO has pushed that off the bench.
I think personally that when someone describes a ritual cooked up
as a 'sacrifice' there's smoke in the air--- maybe some skin involved.

The guru of a cult-like self-improvement group that attracted heiresses and Hollywood actresses was convicted Wednesday of manipulating his female devotees through shame and humiliation and turning them into what prosecutors called his sex slaves. A jury in federal court in Brooklyn took less than five hours to find Keith Raniere guilty on all counts of sex-trafficking and other charges accusing him of coercing women into sex. "Raniere was truly a modern-day Svengali," Brooklyn U.S. Attorney Richard Donoghue said outside court, calling him a lying manipulator who "ruined marriages, careers, fortunes and lives."

Even Da LameStream

Evil genius maybe... savants don't go around branding others like
cattle. I hope he gets everything the victims of this pusbag want
for him. I'm going to go puke now, have at it.

PS I'm having trouble embedding the ABC News Now clip: but on
second thought this tool doesn't deserve the airtime.
edit on 19-6-2019 by derfreebie because: Hey nice blow by blow tuber THANQ

edit on 19-6-2019 by derfreebie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

One word...

GOOD!!

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Okay, some more words...

Many of these so called "self help gurus" are really twisted freaks behind closed doors. They think their money and fame will let them do whatever the hell they want. I can't believe people let these psychos influence them.

I actually hope the authorities round some more of these douche-nozzles up and send 'em to the grey-bar hotel.
edit on 6/19/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Now that lunch is tossed out, I can come back to agree
with both your posts.
It's kind of uncommon for me to scoop ANYbody on here:
but I'll take a chance because SOMEbody has to for this
kind of good news.
Now let's cherry out that branding iron for awhile... I've
got a spot or two that Keith really needs attention for.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Important to remember that the victims of this creep were smart people lured into his web by telling them what they wanted to hear. They believed this cult to be about women empowerment. Not too dissimilar to some entities present in our midst using the very same tactics with perhaps slightly less obvious adverse effects.

Always be mindful of those who tell you what you want to hear.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
Important to remember that the victims of this creep were smart people lured into his web by telling them what they wanted to hear. They believed this cult to be about women empowerment. Not too dissimilar to some entities present in our midst using the very same tactics with perhaps slightly less obvious adverse effects.

Cults can operate in the political realm as well. Some ATS members are a prime example of unquestioning devotion to a politician. It's actually very easy; tell the devotees what they want to hear, make promises, and repeat over and over and over.

edit on 19-6-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

This post makes me a little sad. I love an opposing view, and you are clearly a smart poster. This post is not about politics, yet here you are. Your worldview of the current administration has clearly made you bitter, and unable to see it. Sorry, but I hope you get the logical perspective back. This site does need logical debate.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

So here is a chance for you to flip things on their head... are you referring to both parties? Or just one... cause a strong argument can be made that over the previous 8 years the democrats lead that charge you are referring to.

==================

On topic, good I hope that tool gets the long haul in a very not so nice a place, what he lead was horrific.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Good news, but what kind of dummies sign up for this.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

So here is a chance for you to flip things on their head... are you referring to both parties? Or just one... cause a strong argument can be made that over the previous 8 years the democrats lead that charge you are referring to.

==================

On topic, good I hope that tool gets the long haul in a very not so nice a place, what he lead was horrific.

I'm not a democrat. I was just pointing out some of the dynamics used to create a cult. I have no control over what anyone reads between the lines.
edit on 19-6-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: artnut

This post makes me a little sad. I love an opposing view, and you are clearly a smart poster. This post is not about politics, yet here you are. Your worldview of the current administration has clearly made you bitter, and unable to see it. Sorry, but I hope you get the logical perspective back. This site does need logical debate.

Who did you think I was referring to? I didn't mention any names. Try some logical perspective yourself without putting words in my mouth. deal?

edit on 19-6-2019 by olaru12 because: check it brenda

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Cults can operate in the political realm as well. Some ATS members are a prime example of unquestioning devotion to a politician. It's actually very easy; tell the devotees what they want to hear, make promises, and repeat over and over and over.

Like “Orange Man Bad, Orange Man Bad, Orange Man Bad, Orange Man Bad”?

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Many times people are too smart for their own good. Like the poster above said...beware of people who tell you what you want to hear.

Or... Be careful what you wish for, you may get it.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

This is very important and true. Not everybody would necessarily fall victim to a cult type mentality, but many more than think they would, could. Maybe not this one, or that one, or any that you've ever heard of - but the right cult/leader at the right time for any one individual. There are people who are very good at exploiting human psychology, and they know how to find weaknesses.

At times, throughout history, these weaknesses have become homogenized in a population (think, Germans after WWI), and exploited en masse. So whether small scale or large, whether extremely damaging, or just a touch idiotic, the potential is everywhere.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Nm
edit on 6/19/2019 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Good news, but what kind of dummies sign up for this.

Well, according to Sooth, some smart dummies and if olaru12 is right, there are lots of "victims" right here on ATS.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Some older members of my dad's family in Minn. kept up correspondence with their relatives in Germany, into the Thirties. That is until those relations wrote, asking our side to cease because it was raising the attention of their "Authorities". Any and all cults have to carve out a group of people so that they can feed them only one side of the argument.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: vonclod

Many times people are too smart for their own good. Like the poster above said...beware of people who tell you what you want to hear.

Or... Be careful what you wish for, you may get it.

Sure, that's true..the guy must of been one helluva master manipulator though.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
People are speculating that Hillary Clinton is associated. NBC News implied a sex ring in Hillary's Dept of State.

Source: twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
People are speculating that Hillary Clinton is associated. NBC News implied a sex ring in Hillary's Dept of State.

Source: twitter.com...

Indications that the Huma Laptop was evidentcially (i.e. was "in evidence") 😎
edit on Jun-19-2019 by xuenchen because: 🔥🚿

top topics

<<   2 >>

join