It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trumps 2020 Re-Election Rally Prayer Demonstrates Why America Is Prospering Again.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I’m sure there are a few moral atheists but as a whole?

Not so much.

Government is as amoral as they come, at least religion provided a compass direction.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

There have always been good and bad people. Its not new. And god used to be bigger in society and still there were always bad.

Didn't Jesus chase the money changers out of his temple? Were they democrats? LOL

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: DBCowboy

There have always been good and bad people. Its not new. And god used to be bigger in society and still there were always bad.

Didn't Jesus chase the money changers out of his temple? Were they democrats? LOL

I always find it amusing to see atheists use religious parables to illustrate their point.

For the record, your example is lost on me.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Can it get much better, politics mixed with religion

If the Lord says its true, it must be true

God backwards is dog, I myself prefer dogs

Send me to hell, do they allow pets?

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Be careful pushing the theocratic nonsense, it's causing me to come real close to not voting for Trump. America never has been, never will be, and is not theocratic in any fashion. It was founded on the separation of church and state by many people of varying beliefs, some who were far from what you would consider Christian in the sense you are espousing. I recognize the good Trump has done, but every good thing he has done has nada to do with a single Christian principle that could be found anywhere in the bible.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

But the so called "liberal media" is all owned by Republicans. Your comments make no sense.

And since when to Republicans are the only party with God on their side. Claiming Democrats are "demonic", "wicked", "from hell" is over the top vitriol which does nothing but divide this country.

Obviously, Trumps message is not one of love but one of hate.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

I agree, it is.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Moral authority comes from god. If it came from man it would just be an opinion and opinions change.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

And where are the details of God's moral authority laid out?

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I’m not religious but I’d have to agree. There has to be a foundation to morality.

Basing morality on the whims of peoples opinions is dangerous.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Good thing opinions do change, otherwise we'd still have legal slavery in the US, and morality would not have evolved or improved in anyway. I'm so glad morality comes from man and not a mythical sky daddy that thinks I should have stoned my ex for cheating, especially since we're still friends and have helped each other often in the past.

I'm #, the morality of the bible was so bad, Jesus had to supposedly come down and be like, "Yo um, you all can stop all that nonsense, just um, like believe in me and be mellow..." Even then, Christian's still pick and choose to follow some of the old testament, but only the parts they like, or want to use to hate things they dislike. Heck, it's almost like, even when morality comes from God, it still ends in the end being driven by the morality of men, #, there's whole denominations just so different people can have their own moral outlook on the bible. Christian's are no different than atheists, the only difference is atheists don't play pretend with their morality.
edit on 6/19/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

And where are the details of God's moral authority laid out?

He has a PowerPoint presentation.

You really need to start attending the meetings.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Whatta you talkin about? Back in the day the world had a boy child king named Tut who enslaved thousands to build his temples and monuments and worshiped satanic deities that the Nazis then also worshiped 1000's of years later. So some guy shows up under a banner of religion and frees the slaves and leads them out of Egypt. So that's what you want again is it? I guess if your a New World Order kind of guy then sure.

The MEEK shall NOT inherit the earth.
edit on 19-6-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Going by this thread I would guess because they are ready to build temples and bring offerings in his name...

Peace
Going by the thread and FIVE post in??

Lmfao, dude you don't know what you're talking about.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Nothing wrong with prayer and the belief of God.

Over 2/3rd of the entire planet believe in a higher form of power, we're to discard this fact because people aren't very tolerant in this day and age??

Sorry, but I'll choose religious folks over cold hard atheism any day.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Oh boy...here come the fanatics.

Did I perhaps step on any toes?

Excaliber was commenting on the viewpoint of the OP being slightly off. I was replying to Occamsrazor who inquired if this was because of Trumps policy's...

To which I replied that it wasn't because of Trump but the OP's notion that God himself had a hand in this.

Now your are either pretty far out on fanatical scale or your reading comprehension is off....take your pick.

Peace

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Oh...my bad. You agree with the OP.

Peace

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

also meant something when priest and oher religious figuires preyed at church and then went to molest little kids

Oh I get it so they are all bad? Possibly they were infiltrated over centuries by the other side who finally were exposed in the latter portion of the 20th century. Those scum priest are now being dealt with and actually they should be in prison or put to death. But good one. Paint the entire crowd as evil. Your problem is that the other offshoots aren't in that mix. Just like much of the evil throughout this world. Nothing human has changed over 30,000 years

Then again this is Diversion as the number one area for child molestation is California which is run by a Catholic Governor as the Democratic Republic thereof.

According to the National Human Trafficking Hotline, California consistently has the highest number of human trafficking incidents reported in the United States.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Oh boy...here come the fanatics. Did I perhaps step on any toes?

Hell no no toes stepped on but were here to DENY ignorance, not to create and perpetuate ignorance as you are.

Jesus loves you son.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

And that's an issue. I as an atheist judge a person based on their actions and character as an individual. I give them no bonus points for their beliefs since talk is just talk. Where as you decide that just by a person claiming belief in a God that they are a better person than an atheist. Well tell that # to my girlfriend tortured and starved by a growing Christian Cult that almost killed her and she still recovering from how her Christian family in Georgia are so much more moral than her. She by the way has not a violent or mean bone in her body.
edit on 6/19/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join