It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thwarted Dallas shooting goes viral. If only all gun violence got the same attention

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

It’s unknown what exactly was in the man’s mind as he approached the Earle Cabell Federal Building in downtown Dallas on Monday, but his intent was easy to read.

Clad in tactical gear and carrying an assault-style rifle and at least five 30-round magazines, the man — whom police identified as Brian Isaack Clyde — started shooting as he neared the entrance, then cut and ran when security officers returned fire. He collapsed, mortally wounded, in a parking lot across the street.

A thwarted Dallas shooting goes viral. If only all gun violence got the same attention

first off glad no one was hurt,2nd off this guy is getting ROASTED and damn near becoming a new branch of memes for how inept(thankfully) he was at attempting this, he had a "manifesto" up for a bit according to NPR but basicalyl was an Incel mad that women wouldn't go near him. he was also a drop out from the army who decided to wear a 101st airborne insignia

he tried attacking a court house w an ar-15 w 4 40 rounders and 8 30 rounders(150 rounds of ammo) and got perhaps one mag off before the cops lit him up like Christmas , a fox news cameraman pretty much got some amazing shots of the guy looking like he realized he had made a grievous error and regretted attempting it .

so score one for the boys in blue who stopped this from going any where near as bad as it could have as no injuries and only one death(the gunman) so in the grand scheme of how these usually go we got off lucky

www.npr.org...

It's a lot of rounds — a lot of rounds at his disposal, a large powerful weapon at his disposal," FBI agent Matthew DeSarno was quoted by The Associated Press as saying. "But for the actions for the Federal Protective Service officers, this likely would have been a very deadly incident," he said. Dallas Morning News photographer Tom Fox took a photo of the gunman, face covered and wearing glasses and what appears to be body armor and a waist belt containing several magazines of ammunition.
guess i was wrong it was a local reporter named fox not fox news as i had stated above but if you check out of the photos he looks like a counter strike player and appeared to have some kind of knife

www.usatoday.com... one more link focusing on the reporters thoughts on it and how he kept shooting film while the gunman struggled to reload

"So, I pulled up my long lens and saw someone who I realized was the shooter. And I think, 'Oh my God.' I squeezed off a few frames as he picked something up – a clip, I think – and then I turned and ran," he recalled. Video of the incident shared on Twitter shows exactly how close Fox was to the gunman. As the gunman approached the front of the courthouse, he appears to exchange fire with people who are offscreen. He is feet away from Fox, who is hiding behind a column and crouching as shots echoed throughout the block.
why any one would try this at a hard target like a court house let alone in frigging dallas baffles me but as i said earlier glad no innocents were hurt and tax payers dont have to pay the bill for this guys incarceration

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
K a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

First of all, he had 400 rounds, 160+240, which is a good number. However "a large powerful weapon," who writes for these idiots? I realize 223 hornet rounds can be nasty, especially when Teflon coated, but it sure as hell isn't an M4 or m16.

When they say crap like that, I just turn off and stop reading the "ex" parts because it really shows how stupid and ignorant the msm really are.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/18.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

yeah my bad i was going off the numbers from the NPR article but this guy was a failure on like 50 levels but hey i like the gunmen to be inept in these kind of things,if you find the memes of this he didnt even have his shoes tied or sling attached to his rifle

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
My favorite part about this guy is his facebook post of his rifle magazines and he wrote something about not being able to afford to dress up for his anime convention because he decided to finish getting his magazines instead.

Now some of them are pmags which might run you $12-15 and some are just GI mags which can be had for $5-7. So $50-100 put this guy so far off budget he could no longer cosplay. Wow.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
So the bonehead attacked a federal courthouse full of US marshals, local police, armed security and FBI agents .

He didn’t die from gunshot wounds he died from stupid .

The fox photographer was hanging brass .....

Short clip

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

thanks for posting the videos , guy didnt last longer then 19 months in the army and got kicked out for not being able to pass PT and i hadnt seen the anime post ,luckily for people of dallas this guy was inept

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

for how inept(thankfully) he was at attempting this

He was in the US Army for two years. So much for training.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
1 insane POS down...nobody else injured.
Win/ Win.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

he was also a drop out from the army who decided to wear a 101st airborne insignia

I hope it was a "screamin eagle" that made him assume ambient temperature .
Justice is served
(bold by me for reference)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I tend to think that the cops should do whatever they can to capture these dirtbags alive so that it becomes clear that anyone who does this kind of crap stands a high chance of spending the rest of their life rotting in prison.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I tend to think that the cops should do whatever they can to capture these dirtbags alive so that it becomes clear that anyone who does this kind of crap stands a high chance of spending the rest of their life rotting in prison.

That's not in the script. If taken alive a sham trail has to be conducted so no real information gets to the public as in the case of so many serial killers,Boston bomber, Charlotte church shooter, OKC and more. I'm not saying all, most, or any of these killers are not just what we are told they are. I'm saying that without a real trail, we can never know.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
He ask for their attention.

He got it.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

You kill asap to limit damage, there is no other way. How many get wounded or killed in the process of apprehending a threat that need not exist?
edit on 6/18/2019 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

In the second video the guy against the wall near the shooter managed to take this picture

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: RexKramerPRT

Look at the shooter’s eyes.

He was looking dead at the photographer.

He also has that deer in the headlight look . 😱

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
INCEL..ffs, what a loser..I hope it hurt.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

especially when Teflon coated

Teflon coatings are for barrel wear and do nothing for the ballistics.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
INCEL..ffs, what a loser..I hope it hurt.

Yes, well, 22 years old, a sad thing and his poor Family.

Maybe he had some mental disability or he was seeking suicide.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Best result possible.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: RexKramerPRT

that's a look of … Oh snap... wtf did I do.

glad he was so inept, good on the security personnel.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join