It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizens Disobey New Zealand Gun Ban, Only 530 of 300,000 People Turned Guns In

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Stories like this certainly warms some people's heart while others are disgusted by the lack of law abiding citizens obeying the leaders of their countries. I am on the side of being able to protect myself and my family by any means necessary when needed and not have to wait on the authorities/cops for their response. Yep I come from a different time and generation; so be it.

Is it all about money or is it about people deciding for themselves what is necessary for their own individual protection ?

“What we’re banning today are the things used in last Friday’s attack,” she said, adding: “It’s about all of us, it’s in the national interest and it’s about safety.”

According to a new report from the NZ Herald, however, the citizens feel “safer” by holding on to their guns.

It is estimated that roughly 250,000 people own the recently-banned semi-automatic weapons in New Zealand. Estimates show that these 250,000 gun owners — who were turned into criminals overnight by their government — own around 300,000 firearms.

Since the government attempted to disarm these 250,000 people, only 530 guns have been turned in.

Government officials are attributing the lack of gun turn-ins to citizens wanting to be properly compensated for their weapons. However, the complexity of this situation is likely far different.

“If they are being serious about their considerations and ensuring that there is fair and reasonable compensation, then firearm owners will wait a bit longer to make sure it is just and it is fair when it is received,” Nicole McKee, Secretary of the Council of Licensed Firearm Owners, told the NZ Herald.

“We are effectively being punished for the acts of a foreign terrorist, and we want to make sure that our personal and private property is adequately compensated when it is confiscated,” she said.

www.activistpost.com...

The terrorist who murdered 50 people last week is engaging in a classic propaganda of the deed in which he predicted—accurately—that his murder would spark the restriction of gun rights. Lawmakers took his bait.

“On 15 March, our history changed forever. Now, our laws will too,” said Ardern as she carried out the will of this terrorist. “We are announcing action today on behalf of all New Zealanders to strengthen our gun laws and make our country a safer place.”

thefreethoughtproject.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   
The pathetic excuse for a failure of a government in nz has openly LIED to its citizens about the ‘buyback scheme’ and the citizens know it.

The most conservative of cost estimates put the scheme at 1 billion dollars and yet, the most ineffective world leader in all of western society has put aside a measly 150 million.

All the while promising to ensure that LEGAL firearms owners are fairly compensated.

The firearms owners aren’t that thick.

The weak and the gutless (leftists) who support their failure of a Prime Minister, openly support ripping off the LEGAL firearms owners because ‘guns kill people’ is the height of their understanding due to diminished mental capacity.

530 out of 300,000!!!!

Now THAT makes me laugh!

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Good to see, one thing that people can be very certain of is that the state are not going to turn in their guns.

Read the other day that when the state orders you to turn your gun in then then its time to go out and by two guns.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I keep wondering what the law abiding citizens did wrong that they should have to turn in their guns.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

I keep wondering what the law abiding citizens did wrong that they should have to turn in their guns.

voted incorrectly.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
The pathetic excuse for a failure of a government in nz has openly LIED to its citizens about the ‘buyback scheme’ and the citizens know it.

The most conservative of cost estimates put the scheme at 1 billion dollars and yet, the most ineffective world leader in all of western society has put aside a measly 150 million.

All the while promising to ensure that LEGAL firearms owners are fairly compensated.

The firearms owners aren’t that thick.

The weak and the gutless (leftists) who support their failure of a Prime Minister, openly support ripping off the LEGAL firearms owners because ‘guns kill people’ is the height of their understanding due to diminished mental capacity.

530 out of 300,000!!!!

Now THAT makes me laugh!

When government fail the people there in no law.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Same thing will happen here.

If liberals want my guns they need to come and get 'em themselves.

Let's see how it works out for them

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Stupid knee jerk reaction by idiots.
They have no legal protection.
Soon they will have no physical protection.
Then their government can do what it likes.....see austrailia as an example.
www.cnn.com...

Two police raids in two days on Australia's national broadcaster and a prominent journalist have raised concerns about press freedom in the country.

first the guns go away
shortly after the rest......

well played kiwis
well played

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Another example of why bans won't work. And NZ is an island. Imagine how ineffective a ban would be in a country like the US with a giant unsecured southern border.

To the anti-gun extremists: YOU are part of the problem wasting our time on nonsense like this that WON'T WORK. We could look at real, effective solutions if you'd come to the table and bother to get informed on the issue. Your ignorance is prolonging the problem you think you want to solve.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Stupid knee jerk reaction by idiots.
They have no legal protection.
Soon they will have no physical protection.
Then their government can do what it likes.....see austrailia as an example.
www.cnn.com...

Two police raids in two days on Australia's national broadcaster and a prominent journalist have raised concerns about press freedom in the country.

first the guns go away
shortly after the rest......

well played kiwis
well played

Yeah but Trump is the threat...

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

530 idiots. I can't believe they'd turn their guns on.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I have to wonder. . . how many of the 530 turned in were from people wanting to commit crimes?

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I have to wonder. . . how many of the 530 turned in were from people wanting to commit crimes?

Oh don't you know? Someone can be thinking about committing a murder, but if a gun isn't available they'll totally change their mind and just go on with their life peacefully.

There are people who really think this #^

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

All this stupid confiscation program does is leave guns in the hands of criminals and law abiding people without protection or recourcr. Law abiding citizens just become fish in an aquarium, sure the government cleans up the mess and changes the water, but the criminals can reach in whenever they want with a net and take whatever they want. New Zealand (not its people) is now officially a joke.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
There is no compensation for disarming yourself. Compensation would be an ammo can full of more ammo.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

There are people who really think this #^

There really are people like that. I met some on a vacation trip to NYC. I was amazed.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

To the anti-gun extremists: YOU are part of the problem wasting our time on nonsense like this that WON'T WORK. We could look at real, effective solutions if you'd come to the table and bother to get informed on the issue. Your ignorance is prolonging the problem you think you want to solve.

Damn I wish they would understand this. It's actually fun stuff to learn, and it's not hard. But when you don't know anything about auto and semi-auto, let along the other nuances, you can't possibly understand the topic enough to make informed choices.

We may have similar views if they were to comprehend the big picture. I wonder if we will ever find that out?

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: face23785

Damn I wish they would understand this. It's actually fun stuff to learn, and it's not hard. But when you don't know anything about auto and semi-auto, let along the other nuances, you can't possibly understand the topic enough to make informed choices.

We may have similar views if they were to comprehend the big picture. I wonder if we will ever find that out?

Don't hold your breath. The sad thing is the people who can do the most to help things like securing schools are ignored by the anti-gun extremists because their solutions aren't as simply as ban and confiscate. They disregard real knowledge that can help because their ideology of gun control is more important than actually saving lives.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Same thing will happen here.

If liberals want my guns they need to come and get 'em themselves.

Let's see how it works out for them

It won't be liberals kicking down your door and forcibly removing your weapons.

On topic, I hope the locals keep their resolve and find a way to circumvent this ban, it will be interesting to see what comes of this.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You're right. I don't expect a bunch of limp wristed soy boys to have the testicular fortitude to engage in a confiscation campaign.

I expect it will likely be foreigners enlisted by the liberal elite to show up and take guns.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join