It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I get people angry by accident...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I don't know if I always say the wrong thing or something but I always tend to get people angry with me.

I don't do it on purpose but I am prone to making people angry mostly because I say things at the wrong time or interrupt or something like that.

I just zone out and I have to do or say what I am thinking at that time. I mean I have some self control but it ticks me off when I am snapped at for what I think is not a big deal. It surprises me every time and I feel bad about, for me and the person I made angry. I feel like there is something wrong with me people wise and yes I am semi awkward but I have learned to blend in well. At least I thought but I think I was just scraping by.

Is it just me or am I just crappy in social situations? For sure though I am not a people person.

Is there anyone out there weird like me? I wish I was "normal" but I guess there is a purpose for everything including my weirdness.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

It’s probably not you. It seems whatever you say, %50 of the people will adamantly disagree with you.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I dont snap at people or show my frustration but when I am involved in something no matter how simple I like to maintain focus. Just so happens the world see's focus as comfortable and society dont play that game, it's a huge reason we're so inefficient as a society. Maybe you have bad timing, and you just happen to always been the 15th or 16th person that distracted them that day.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Being socially awkward isn't a crime, but it is a struggle. Sometimes it's a sign of acute intelligence. At others, of a nadir of ignorance.
Most often, it's just a normal thing some of us have to deal with. Be it due to idiosyncrasies and peculiarities, or just plain bad luck lol.
I wish you luck in defining this for yourself.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Hard to say without examples of the conversation or witnessing your interactions, or knowing the people involved. But I do find people overly thin skinned, overly quick to anger these days. I'm generally pretty clued in to other people's moods and just avoid interacting with certain people because they'e kinda crazy.

Keep in mind no one *makes* another person angry. So go easy on yourself there. That person is choosing to react that way. However, you do have some control over the situation. And if you run into this situation more often than not, then maybe it is something you're doing. But if it is, it can be changed! Do you find you don't read other people's moods easily, do others complain you're self-absorbed, do you have a habit of offering unsolicited opinions that tend to be....opinionated? Do you try too hard to be funny? Try to spot any consistent pattern. Either that, or maybe it's the sort of people you're socializing with? For instance, I love art, but 'artsy' people are some of the most pretentious, cliquish, stuck up dicks around.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

The same thing happens to me. I call it "Compulsive Honesty Disorder". Speaking your mind is no longer trendy.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Thanks for the posts. I think I just try to hard to appear normal. I think "this is what I should say" and it comes out weird anyway. lol Also I just have a sense of humor that only I get, usually. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
Thanks for the posts. I think I just try to hard to appear normal. I think "this is what I should say" and it comes out weird anyway. lol Also I just have a sense of humor that only I get, usually. Thanks.

I speak my mind
Yes , folks sometimes get mad at me
Seems some folk dont like to hear the truth
Oh , well

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

The same thing happens to me. I call it "Compulsive Honesty Disorder". Speaking your mind is no longer trendy.

That is my problem as well.

People ask me something and I honestly answer.

I don't have a brain-mouth filter....

So then I'm rude and catty and a bitch.

But you asked the question and I honestly answered you...

wtf?

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Screw being "normal".

Be who you are.

If you do you will eventually attract like-minded people.

Who often have the same sense of humor.

Then you'll be happier all the way around.

Let's face it... what's considered "normal" right now in society isn't anything a rational human being would want to be in the first place.

Just be you.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

It's posts like these that always piss me off. . . . . .

. . . . . .

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

#1 there is no normal, everyone is weird in their own way.

#2 Maybe you lack empathy? I've noticed this a lot lately. Back in the day people would say if you don't have something nice to say don't say it. Honesty is great to a point. Nobody wants to hear things like "hey you're looking old and tired", or "wow that's a bad haircut" etc.

Interrupting can be a sign of ADHD. It doesn't bother me much because i'm around a lot of creative types and they tend to interrupt a lot by nature. Some people get very ticked off by people that interrupt.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I don't know if I always say the wrong thing or something but I always tend to get people angry with me.

I don't do it on purpose but I am prone to making people angry mostly because I say things at the wrong time or interrupt or something like that.

I just zone out and I have to do or say what I am thinking at that time. I mean I have some self control but it ticks me off when I am snapped at for what I think is not a big deal. It surprises me every time and I feel bad about, for me and the person I made angry. I feel like there is something wrong with me people wise and yes I am semi awkward but I have learned to blend in well. At least I thought but I think I was just scraping by.

Is it just me or am I just crappy in social situations? For sure though I am not a people person.

Is there anyone out there weird like me? I wish I was "normal" but I guess there is a purpose for everything including my weirdness.

You're a narcissist. Just by posting this and bringing attention to yourself proves it.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

You're a narcissist. Just by posting this and bringing attention to yourself proves it.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Is it just me or am I just crappy in social situations?

Yes you are. That is not a negative though. I am too. Some people are good at reading people and interacting really well. Others are not.

Second point, and most important, what energy you give to a situation will often lead to the negative results you experience. If you want to get better in social situation you should learn how to read people and understand the energy in the room. This requires you to throw yourself in more social situations and develop a skill to read people.

Social interactions are nature and nurture. You NEED to nurture it if you don't have that natural skill. And, secondly, you have to learn to read people. If this doesn't come natural, then focus on learning meditation. Increasing your bodily awareness will, in turn, increase awareness for many other things. Including your intuition of people you meet.

Don't interact with people who you know will create negative experiences. Unless you know you absolutely need that negative experience to evolve.

Finally, you are the only one who decides to get angry. No one else creates that but you. Remember that. In fact, that is probably the only sage advice I can honestly give. Anger always comes from you. Others may awaken it, but they awakend something that was already THERE. Be thankful they have brang your anger to light and meditate on it. Focus deeply on it. Breath it in, and let it go. Be thankful they have given you that opportunity.

edit on 4-6-2019 by SilentSaturn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: galaga

Holy cow you may be right. oh geez, one thing after another.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Stop thinking about what you want to say and listen to what others say more perhaps.

Respect goes a long way.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: galaga

Only a narcissist would say something like that without knowing the facts or meeting the person.

The O.P. sounds more like an unwilling introvert to me.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

You are perfectly you, don't apologize for it.

Although there is a way to phrase things without sounding abrasive or like a jerk- it is called having a "silver tongue" (a tendency to be eloquent and persuasive in speaking).

It is a way of making someone think without insulting or questioning their intelligence.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: galaga

Only a narcissist would say something like that without knowing the facts or meeting the person.

The O.P. sounds more like an unwilling introvert to me.

I am an unwilling introvert, so I get it.

It's not easy, being an introvert... we have no support groups. We try, but no one ever shows up.
edit on 4-6-2019 by madmac5150 because: QUACK!

<<   2 >>

join