It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon accidentally sends customer woman's urine sample instead of shower curtains

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

One customer in Alabama, however, was provided with an item he did not order. In place of some household items he requested from the online retailer, he was shipped what appeared to be a human urine sample. The man of Tuscumbia, Alabama, ordered a shower curtain and shower rings with free two-day shipping. Instead, he was provided with the urine sample of a private citizen.

First off, why would Amazon have someones urine sample?? Maybe there's something I missed with Amazon, but that does sound strange.. Amazon
simply stated that "they're really sorry"

The sample, shipped to the complete stranger, included the woman's name and birthday. When the recipient of the sample contacted Amazon, he was told that "they were really sorry."

The question still remains.. Why?

Why would Amazon have a private citizens urine sample???

source

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Lemme' tell ya', there's some positively WEIRD people out there who order some positively WEIRD S#!!!

I'll bet that's not even close to the weirdest thing Amazon has shipped!!! Not even close!!!

You could probably order used rhinoceros panties off Amazon! There's probably somebody into that!

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

They test it so they can see what you've been eating and drinking recently which information they then use to modify your suggested purchases list.

Dun-dun-duuuuuh.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

twentytwowords.com...

#1 weirdest = the Nicholas Cage Mermaid pillow!

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

One customer in Alabama, however, was provided with an item he did not order. In place of some household items he requested from the online retailer, he was shipped what appeared to be a human urine sample. The man of Tuscumbia, Alabama, ordered a shower curtain and shower rings with free two-day shipping. Instead, he was provided with the urine sample of a private citizen.

First off, why would Amazon have someones urine sample?? Maybe there's something I missed with Amazon, but that does sound strange.. Amazon

The sample, shipped to the complete stranger, included the woman's name and birthday. When the recipient of the sample contacted Amazon, he was told that "they were really sorry."

source

Only thing I can think of is a vendor is illegally selling urine samples and their cover is shower curtains.... remember, most of the vendors on Amazon are not actually part of Amazon but small sellers just using Amazon as a platform. I bet they have some racket going where people know by word of mouth if you order from this person on Amazon and request the Golden Shower curtain, you get the urine sample. Probably selling to people on probation or who have to take drug test.

It is like how some fast food joints sell weed out of a drive thru window. Just order the "Royal with cheese.... hold the cheese" and they know you are a weed customer. Some person randomly orders it and accidentally gets the weed when they realyl wanted the Royal with Cheese, but hold the cheese.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Well, at least this happened in Alabama.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

True, didn't think of it that way though. However you would think that the power house that Amazon is, there would be something set in place to "catch" things like this?

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

source

Only thing I can think of is a vendor is illegally selling urine samples and their cover is shower curtains.... remember, most of the vendors on Amazon are not actually part of Amazon but small sellers just using Amazon as a platform. I bet they have some racket going where people know by word of mouth if you order from this person on Amazon and request the Golden Shower curtain, you get the urine sample. Probably selling to people on probation or who have to take drug test.

It is like how some fast food joints sell weed out of a drive thru window. Just order the "Royal with cheese.... hold the cheese" and they know you are a weed customer. Some person randomly orders it and accidentally gets the weed when they realyl wanted the Royal with Cheese, but hold the cheese.

Could be- but the birth date included throws that off a bit.

I remember back when ebay was fairly new, people were selling pirated software/media collections.
By 2002 you could pick up 160 gig drives for under $250... but on ebay a "used" one might sell for twice that... because it happened to contain 400+ ripped albums, which at the time still sold for $15+ a pop.

Popular broadband probably killed the media market, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to find people selling drugs and other stuff through these huge retailers.
I read a story last year where people were using amazon to steal money from stolen credit cards- they'd generate a "book" of complete garbage data, then list it for sale for a ludicrous price (upwards of a grand) then buy it with a stolen credit card.
The "seller" gets to keep the money because the "fraudulent buyer" didn't complain about the bunk product- but the credit card company turns around and gets a refund from amazon to send back to the CC owner.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

True, didn't think of it that way though. However you would think that the power house that Amazon is, there would be something set in place to "catch" things like this?

I'm sure they try, but criminal minds are very creative. You'd be surprised how much crime / fraud is enabled by the internet...

A whole song about getting bricks through the mail... lol

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

originally posted by: Edumakated

source

Could be- but the birth date included throws that off a bit.

I remember back when ebay was fairly new, people were selling pirated software/media collections.
By 2002 you could pick up 160 gig drives for under $250... but on ebay a "used" one might sell for twice that... because it happened to contain 400+ ripped albums, which at the time still sold for $15+ a pop.

Popular broadband probably killed the media market, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to find people selling drugs and other stuff through these huge retailers.
I read a story last year where people were using amazon to steal money from stolen credit cards- they'd generate a "book" of complete garbage data, then list it for sale for a ludicrous price (upwards of a grand) then buy it with a stolen credit card.
The "seller" gets to keep the money because the "fraudulent buyer" didn't complain about the bunk product- but the credit card company turns around and gets a refund from amazon to send back to the CC owner.

Yeah, I remember the hard drive cover from back in the days....

It is crazy how people find ways to scam. Some truth to being "criminally minded"

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Was going to start a thread on this.

I ordered some woman's urine and ended up with a stupid shower curtain.

I mean, WTH!

I even have a Prime membership!

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
my SNAFU was with a Walmart distribution center back in Jan 2019

I ordered a black-&-color ink cartridge for ~$50 --------------------- 10 days later a package of 'Ghost-Buster SLIME' was delivered to the Store-Pick-Up-Counter

I guess the intentional 'mistake' was perped by a disgruntled stock employee in the (Other State) distribution Hub facility

the customer service personnel were 'giggles & laughs' but cleared up the 'mis-placed order' in 4 days transportation time

the bad thing is that I missed out sending the 1099s Misc Income forms to a couple of individuals before the 31Jan tax deadline, because of the Prank by some dissed employee at a Walmart Warehouse, substituting HP 61 inks for SLIME Goo---------------- My black swan event to start 2019

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
maybe someone was pissed with Alexa ? wait, does Alexa collect urine samples ?

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Ummm...oh...Ohhhh...golden shower curtains...

Oh my...

YouSir

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Hope on my next Amazon order, I recieve a pair of Kendra Lusts Panties or her moulded private parts!
edit on CDTThu, 30 May 2019 10:48:28 -05000000003110x128x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

BWAHAHAHA
This is too good!
Man I just got my first good chuckle of the day. Thank you.
Well actually my first was a guy backing an R8 and accidentally scraping a vet. That was a good one.

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

This is the most plausible explanation.

This reminds me of the couple that ordered empty totes or crates from Amazon, a year or two ago, instead they received totes/crates full of cannabis.
edit on 30-5-2019 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Never mind I skimmed the thread the first time before I found the golden shower curtain .

It’s been done
edit on 30-5-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join