It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The smallest thing in the GOT finale that just drives me crazy!!!! SPOILERS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Why does Peter Dinklage annoy you?

Oh, my bad, I didn't read your whole post, just the heading and I assumed that by the smallest thing....

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

The black , a sexual guy is the muscle for the evil dragon queen at the end?!?!

Not very PC to me?!?!

There isn’t a woman on the iron throne... or a greyworm.. it is a rich white male...

In fact the rich white kids (the starks) all win..

The peasants of Westeros sure don’t..

Me thinks you must be one of those who sees a PC conspiracy everywhere..

Sorry, I just noticed this BS.

Not a white male or black male, not a heterosexual, but an asexual eunuch was the "muscle."
Yes, women were sitting on the thrones, in king's landing on the iron throne, mereen and winterfell.
If Jon is considered a stark, he lost. Bran is a king and a cripple, try driving a Ferrari with no arms and legs, at speed.
No, the westeros peasants didn't win, they were killed by one of the Queens.

You make no sense, did you even watch it?

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/20.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
a reply to: ketsuko

When Cersei blew up the Sept of Baelor with everyone in it, I wasn't shocked. We had a few years to see her fall into madness.

Dany just went from being someone trying to do some good to all out crazed woman in like one episode.... You could see where it was going but they didn't have enough time to show her decent into the madness. Really a shame.

The last episode was so rushed.... they really did the show a disservice.

Dany was never good. She only cared about one thing, the throne. She wanted to be queen, so everybody would be her slaves, why do you think she wanted to kill all other slave owners?

"I set you free so you can bow to me ...or die..."

D&D are terrible writers, and the last few season and specially the 8 season, was deffinately rushed and thats a shame.
Everything about the show from the acting to the visiuals was amazing all the way through the series. The only thing that sucked was the writing from D&D, the dialouge, the characther arcs and the story was molested by those two jackasses, and the war strategies was just horrible(everything that involved any kind of strategy or thinking was really horrible) They wouldnt last 2 seconds in any war!!

"Sir, what should we do with the trebuchets?"
"Put them up front where they belong, and hide the women and children in the crypts, it is the best place to hide from the death afterall... and then get out in front of the wall and die like a man"

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Crikey if that’s your only gripe!

How about Grey Worm being offered The Reach to start his own house despite being missing the necessary body parts to actually start a house😂

He needed to die.

Bran as King was ridiculous - all he’s done is be pushed round and glare at people for 6 episodes.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DrBobH

The moral of the story is that birthright leadership is for the birds..

So him being impotent is a plus in. Both cases .. story narrative wise..

The book was built on political intrigue.. well they never accept a stark king AND an independent winterfell..

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

.. bran stark is a born rich white male in a wheel chair..

Sansa is a born rich white female ...

Jon snow is a born rich white male...

Dany is a born rich white female..

Sam is fat, but a born rich white male..

Everyone who did any real winning In the entire series was a rich white person...

Oh the PC culture is strong with this one..

edit on 20-5-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

You have to admit the nobles reaction to democracy was precious.

I was okay with the finale. This whole season was rushed. All the Stark children essentially ended up on top. I'm okay with with it. I like Ayra captaining the ship. I like the way Sansa ended up. John going with the wildings was a little strange. I like Bran becoming king.

What happened to the Dothraki?

Other than the Dothraki, even though season 8 was a little weak, the rest of it is pretty terrific on whole.

The dragon wing scene behind Daenerys was a really cool visual.

Bran becoming king made no sense.

D&D seemed to preach about the best people for a job are the ones that don't want it. Then Bran: "Why do you think I came all this way?"

Azor Ahai? Meant nothing.
The Prince that was promised? Meant nothing.
The terrible Long Night, lead by the great evil Night King? Meant nothing.

You are the audience D&D were trying to cater to.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I'm so happy I never got into this show. Everything I've heard about the last few seasons says it's dreadful.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

.. bran stark is a born rich white male in a wheel chair..

Sansa is a born rich white female ...

Jon snow is a born rich white male...

Dany is a born rich white female..

Sam is fat, but a born rich white male..

Everyone who did any real winning In the entire series was a rich white person...

Oh the PC culture is strong with this one..

Oh yeah, that rich white privilege sure made a difference when Sansa was getting raped and beaten by Geoffry and Ramsey.

Sure made the difference when Jon had to take the black and could own no lands, marry or father children. Funnily enough, he became King uh da north through merit..

Dany is probably the best reflection of you, if you really stop and think about it.

Sam gave up any privilege to become a monk essentially.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Am I really the only one seeing John's ending being right?
He was happiest beyond the wall. He is totally going to be "King beyond the wall". Of the free people.

To be honest, I thought the whole season 8 was an overall disappointment, as others have stated, too rushed.

I started with the books, before the show even got started. There were a LOT of differences in the books, and I really wish he would get them finished, so I can see how he really ends it all.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Did max von sedow not say the three eyed raven was supposed to be above the petty things like politics or some such thing?
Jon should have snatched up deny and told her he wanted her to go show him essos and her capitol there and make little mongoloid inbred dragon babies with her and let people rule westoros as first democracy. To truly break the wheel.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Am I really the only one seeing John's ending being right?

I thought it was a solid way for him to go since he never wanted the throne.

...and I really wish he would get them finished, so I can see how he really ends it all.

Martin already said the show and novels end the same way so I fully expect Bran to be King.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Daenerys:

Hey, I've been a strong woman through so much diversity all this time, and you never got any impression that I was even hinting at breaking, but sure ... script says I'm nuts, so I AM!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

BURN, BURN, BURN IT ALL!

I disagree; I only watch the show casually, I am not a fan but my wife is. I haven't seen all the episodes; but in a few that I did Daenerys always made morally questionable decisions. They usually ended up with the "bad guy" dieing but that doesn't negate the moral implications of her actions.

I believe the short guy said as much in the lead up to her death.
edit on 20-5-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   
It's a dumb show like all the others, walking dead, badlands garbage garbage garbage - when you have shows that have no grounding in reality they are going to be unrealistic - from the charector non arcs to the forgotten plot points - TNG used space as a backdrop which is why it was successful.

Yellowstone is light years better

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   

There is actually a petition in which over 1,300,000+ people want the producers to re-write the ending...
Although the ending was abrupt, imo Bran was in fact the best choice for King, since he can see the future and can weight in on what options are better for the people and the 6 kingdoms.

Without Bran all of Westeros would have been killed, the Night King would have made them all his servants. Bran gave the knife of Valerian steel to Arya knowing that she would kill the Night King. The red Witch also saw that Arya would be the one to end the Night King.

BTW, even the Night King became confused when he was in front of Bran and Bran didn't even flinch, wasn't preoccupied, or in fear... Bran just looked up and down the Night King as if he was memorizing his entire form, which Bran knew would be killed by Arya.

What is ironic is that the final episode in fact implies that history repeated again. Daenerys became mad and murdered innocent people like her father did. The last Targaryan, Ergon/John, was sent to the night watch, just like what happened to Daenerys uncle, whom was believed to be the last Targeryan alive, etc.

edit on 21-5-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   
BTW, anyone else looking forward to "The Witcher" series? I wonder if they will follow the lore and the script in the books, or will they change the script?

What i would like to see next is a series based on R. A Salvatore's Drizzt's chronicles. The "Shannara Chronicles" were a disappointment imo. I don't understand why would Terry Brooks allow the changes they made for the series.

edit on 21-5-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

For sure on all accounts!!

Including the disappointing shannara chronicles.. watched like 2 episodes and bounced.. that said I didn’t love brooks in the first place... I remember wish song being amazing but the rest were kinda a chore to read..

RA was my late teens /early 20s favorite author.

Artemis enteri is literally my favorite fictional character in history..

Also the Dresden filed by Jim butcher is great too.

I have heard the newest reincarnation arc is great, but it just sounded too crazy to me..

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

You can say the same about everyone.. all the major players were “required “..

Even cerci.. if she doesn’t have Joffrey , who kills Ned.. the night king wins..

I agree about the rest of your bran pointed though..

His view of history should make him the best leader possible

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
I thought I read somewhere, when the show first started, that they would NOT end the same.
It makes absolutely NO sense to end them the same.

Why read the rest of the books?

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

what is worse is that the ending so closely resembles medieval Britain !

how all the nobles laughed at the public vote
just like the duke of Argyle when people petitioned the government in 1707

"the peoples petitions and votes are like kites in the wind"

300 years later and we are still trying to break the #ing wheel

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join