It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did Jack The Ripper Escape?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   
While browsing Youtube I cane across this video did The Ripper manage to slip by the cops by hiding in plain sight?

edit on 123131p://3626 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: mike dangerously
How did Jack The Ripper Escape?

Probably by micromanaging the balance between the political payoffs and the sympathy wavers šŸ˜Ž

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Ask Augustus. It was his great grand pappy's Masonic lodge.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   

They did not have modern forensic techniques and despite a few eye witness whom described the suspect it was not enough for the detectives of the time to find him.
Some believe that he also left London and moved to America were he then went on to murder several more woman but was caught and executed but the truth is that there are still several suspects ranging from European migrant's to even a member of the royal family (whom the claim went had contracted syphilis and was perhaps hateful of woman as well as probably completely batty).

Here is just one thought by a talented person.
casebook.org...

But there are many other cases, some investigators may have discounted this subject.
www.jack-the-ripper.org...
casebook.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

IF we had preserved forensic material then perhaps forensic techniques would shed new light upon the identity of the serial killer.

The fact is while one of the most unpleasant and notorious (recognized there were a great many other crime's in that period) crimes of the 1800's it is actually also a VERY cold case.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

There was actually a study published in March that claims to have 100% identified the killer. There was supposedly blood and semen on a shawl found at the Eddowes' murder. The DNA taken from this evidence was then matched to living relatives of Aaron Kosminski, who was the prime suspect at the time of the killings.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

lmao and you think blood and semen survives for more than a hundred years?

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Ligyron

The Boston Strangler was identified after 50 years using DNA recovered from a blanket. The oldest human DNA recovered is 7000 years old. In fact, if properly preserved DNA is theoretically readable for over a million years.

But I'm sure you know more than forensic scientists.

Forensic Investigation of a Shawl Linked to the ā€œJack the Ripperā€ Murders

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   

It can yes. Under ideal conditions it can last millions of years but
on its own it can survive hundreds of years.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

He has been finally dna matched and identified....just within this last week.

His identity? Look it up!

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

i am skeptical of the " chain of evidence " - for samples from the rippercrimes - plus contamination // starage during a > 140 year period when DNA and foreniics was not even known of for several decades

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

He has been finally dna matched and identified....just within this last week.

His identity? Look it up!

My friend, I am sorry to disagree, but the truth is important.

The dna evidence is garbage. It could be Kosminski's or a thousand other people.

The shawl is garbage. There is no provable connection between it and Eddows. It has also been open to contamination from descendents of Eddowes family.

Look it up.

edit on 3-5-2019 by Gogmagog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Dear sir, this is only my own theory, but i will mention it none the less

In my opinion, he did not 'get away'. He was arrested by the police and released because he was a member of the aristocracy.

This person was Sir George Compton Archibald Arthur, 3rd bt. Soldier, spy, courtier, diplomat. A man of no importance, as he named himself later in life.

By 1888 he had spent his adult life in the army, was part of the household cavalry, the elite troops of Victorian England., He had seen action in the egypt, and taken part in the nile expedition that failed to relive General Gordon in the Sudan.

After the sudan he resigned his commission and became a playboy about town, hanging out in the clubs with the Prince of Wales and his set. (Who themselves have been suggested as ripper candidates).

In November 1888, just after the death of Mary Kelly, he was arrested in Whitechapel as Jack the Ripper, possibly recorded under the name George Compton. He was eventually allowed to walk free after he was vouched for by his aristocratic friends.

After this he vanishes for a number of years. There is a childless marriage recorded late in the century.

He rejoins the army at the turn of the century and serves during the boer war.

When the first world war happens he rejoins again, and is appointed personal secretary to Lord Kitchener. After Kitchener's death he goes to France. Here he does work so secret that it earns him a medal that he is not allowed acknowledge for decades.

His father and grandfather were masons, as was Lord Kitchener. It seems unlikely that he was not one also, though i have found no evidence of his.

This was a very secretive man. He sent his life within the orbit of the royal family, but so far behind the scenes that he is almost invisible.

I believe this man is good candidate, and one who has been (perhaps deliberately) over looked.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   
That shut you up didnā€™t it.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
That shut you up didnā€™t it.

It shouldn't have.
Whilst it is possible that DNA results can be obtained from very old samples, it's not an easy process.
We can;t just take the results at face value, especially as some of the people involved have a commercial interest in the result.

The results of this DNA test are not only disputed, but also ridiculed by prominent archaeological geneticists:

Geneticist Turi King of the University of Leicester, who has led the genome sequencing of Richard III, also sees major issues with the Ripper shawl study. Writing on Twitter, King asks, "How did this ever get past review!? Primers not listed, data not presented, was it done in a proper forensic/aDNA lab... Unpublishable!" She is as concerned as Rutherford about contamination issues with the shawl as well. "Not only owner photographed holding it with bare hands but apparently also been in presence of the descendants being used as a comparator. Staggering!"

www.forbes.com...

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
It may not be easy but itā€™s still totally possible.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
As i live in London, i was very interested in Jack the Ripper when i was younger, and visited the places of the murders, i have no idea who is the real murderer.
Aaron Kosminsky was admitted to "Coney Hatch Lunatic Asylum, please note i am using the Victorian name that become Friern Hospital, that is just down the street from where i live.
I find the story of this "Hospital" more incredible than the murders, as it has been re-developed as expensive residence for the rich and famous, when there are many graves there that positions are not recorded, thus many houses could have been placed on top...it is called "Princess Park Manor" now, but even if i had the money as properties there are very expensive, i wouldn't live there!
en.wikipedia.org...
P;ease scroll down to "Notable Residents" on above link.
www.mirror.co.uk...
www.jack-the-ripper-tour.com...
Another resident of this place was one of Aleister Crowley's wives who obviously went mad married to him, her name was Maria Teresa Ferreri Miramar, you can read about another of Crowley's women adepts below:-
en.wikipedia.org...
Although notorious, Jack the Ripper was the first to be "Called" a "Serial Killer" but obviously wasn't the first in history, Elizabeth Bathory is an interesting case:-
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The police simply let him go. he was doing a public service in their eyes by making women too scared to whore themselves out. Perfect catholic church Operation.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
The police simply let him go. he was doing a public service in their eyes by making women too scared to whore themselves out. Perfect catholic church Operation.

Basically, he was killing people nobody cared about. Same thing with serial killers these days. They target people who have run away or are lost or abandoned, and have slipped between the cracks of society and nobody is looking for them in the first place.

And Sherlock Holmes was too high on coc aine to solve the case.

top topics

join