It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why I believe in the death penalty

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
q13fox.com...

Detectives are searching for the suspects responsible for the robbery and murder of a 79-year-old woman in Puyallup.

This story is just gut wrenching to me. My parents personally knew the victim. They are upset beyond belief.

Here is what went down. Mrs. Soon and her husband ran a little convenience store for 40 years. They were loved by
their customers. If people didn't have enough money, they would let them still get what they needed. Just the nicest people you
could imagine. She was known as Mom of the neighborhood. I think we all know someone like that.

They ran that store for 40+ year, they both were old. The wife was 79 the husband 85. Just the two of them.
The robbers came in and demanded money. They were wearing face masks. The owners complied.
The wife went to the back office and the robber shot her right in the back.

Yes shot a 79 year old woman right in the back.

They fled and the police have a description and a their abandoned car.

The neighborhood is in shock and reeling.

I really believe in situations like this, the death penalty should be used.
I don't want to pay for them to live to an old age.

People need to wake up. Where I live things like this rarely happen. The is a very good reason,
almost everyone here has guns, not just the bad guys!

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It takes a village to raise a child- not a government.
If a village had raided the person that pulled that trigger, he'd either not have been there robbing the place or he'd have died in an "accident" years prior when the village determined he wasn't going anywhere good in life.

I'm with you- violent murder during premeditated crime... Shoot the perp. Or stab him, he's not worth the lead.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I'm for more death penalty.
And no more 20 years on death row.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

How about those who are executed but later found to have been innocent ?

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

I think there should just be a higher level of proof, that could be the argument. I think in some cases, when the evidence is overwhelming AND the person admits to it.

Why wouldn't the death penalty be a viable choice.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I'm for more death penalty.

As written by another OP. I agree also. No more 20+ years of drugs , sex and rock and roll or whatever .

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

How about those who died because someone else shot them in the back?

Thing is, with tech and cameras and DNA these days, it can be proven 100% if you are executing the right criminal.

Think of all the money we could spend on migrants if people didn't live in their jail cell for 60 years. Just kidding, spend on those in need in our country.

As a side note...you get sent to jail, your family pays for your upkeep...or you get pb&j 3 times a day. On white bread. With tap water.

Condolences to you and your folks. This # pisses me off.
edit on 1-5-2019 by theatreboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I'm all for the death penalty in "cut and dry" cases... we got you on video and unquestionable evidence. You should go from court house to the chair. As far as I am concerned, death row should always be empty...

Public executions.

This case tugged at my heart. Mother of three killed in front of kids at a cellphone on Chicago's southside by stray bullet. She was at the store to buy one of her kids a cell phone for getting good grades. Two men outside of the store started shooting at each other.... pathetic.

Mother of Three Shot & Killed

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I'm all for the death penalty in "cut and dry" cases... we got you on video and unquestionable evidence. You should go from court house to the chair. As far as I am concerned, death row should always be empty...

Public executions.

This case tugged at my heart. Mother of three killed in front of kids at a cellphone on Chicago's southside by stray bullet. She was at the store to buy one of her kids a cell phone for getting good grades. Two men outside of the store started shooting at each other.... pathetic.

Mother of Three Shot & Killed

Sadly, with the way tech is going even a "clear cut" video isn't necessarily 100 percent.

But I agree, cut and dry. Witnesses, some video evidence and best of all admission of guilt.

The incident awhile back in minnesota with that guy that went to the mall of america, with the intent to kill someone(he admitted) and picked a random child and threw him over the rail.

That's as clear cut as it gets, absolute monster. I question anyones intellect that WOULDN'T advocate for the death penalty in such a case.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Thing is, with tech and cameras and DNA these days, it can be proven 100% if you are executing the right criminal.

Yes, we are in a new era. Scientific evidence.
Keeping people on death row for decades is crazy.

I just want to know... what kind of person, not even a person, a waste of flesh can shoot an old lady in the back.
Not that it's acceptable, but I could even almost understand if she didn't give them money and put up a fight, but she didn't..... She gave them what they wanted and they still murdered her.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

The incident awhile back in minnesota with that guy that went to the mall of america, with the intent to kill someone(he admitted) and picked a random child and threw him over the rail.

I'm glad you brought that up. When that first came out I said the same thing. What place does a person like that have in our society. Keep in mind, that guy assaulted others before that incident too. He was a ticking time bomb.

BTW. I've always hated those glass walls at malls, now I know why!

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

How about those who murder and rape, get out, and do it again? Which happens more often?

The answer to your question is we need to hold the justice system accountable, they need to be interested in finding the guilty, not a guilty verdict. Death penalty for people who sentence intentionally sentence innocent people to death.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

How about those who murder and rape, get out, and do it again? Which happens more often?

The answer to your question is we need to hold the justice system accountable, they need to be interested in finding the guilty, not a guilty verdict. Death penalty for people who sentence intentionally sentence innocent people to death.

Justice system needs to be reformed. We need to hold prosecutors to a higher standard.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Death penalty does nothing...nothing ...except to the executed. It teaches and stops nothing...but the guilty.

Adversely? Taking care of them the rest of their lives at our taxes....shouldn't be either...

And...kill the lowlifes? It's not like they are gonna get hurt and say "ouch!"...obviously it doesn't work.

And terrorists? Hard to fight someone who actually wants to kill and be killed and propelled instantly into Heaven (they think).

Death penalty doesn't seem to work for those who want to die......I have no answers except the d. penalty only matters to those not sentenced to it.

Sux, yes.....

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I am not only for the death penalty I want them to bring back public hangings.

Violent killers shouldn't be coddled when they face death. Screw lethal injection just hang them. Let em swing on the gallows for all to see.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

How about those who murder and rape, get out, and do it again?

Those are obviously guilty by your own wording.

However how about those who lost their lives unjustly?

How many are sentenced to death in the United States for crimes they did not commit? A new study believes the figure is 1 in every 25—or 4.1 percent.

www.newsweek.com...

What do you want to do about those people? Tell them you are sorry after they are dead?

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Are you suggesting that the death-penalty, may be more about revenge, than justice?

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Death penalty does nothing...nothing ...except to the executed. It teaches and stops nothing...but the guilty.

Adversely? Taking care of them the rest of their lives at our taxes....shouldn't be either...

And...kill the lowlifes? It's not like they are gonna get hurt and say "ouch!"...obviously it doesn't work.

And terrorists? Hard to fight someone who actually wants to kill and be killed and propelled instantly into Heaven (they think).

Death penalty doesn't seem to work for those who want to die......I have no answers except the d. penalty only matters to those not sentenced to it.

Sux, yes.....

Death penalty isn't effective as a deterrent because it isn't implemented quick enough. When you have people sitting on death row for 20 years, it isn't surprising people forget.

I guarantee if you went to west side of Chicago and started executing convicted gang shooters/killers in public, you'd see gang membership declining rapidly.

Yes, it is about revenge. If someone wantonly killed a family member of mine, I want that b*stard to suffer a slow painful death. Anything the state does to them would be far more compassionate than what I'd mete out. Ramsay Bolton would be asking me for some tips....

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

24% of rapists reoffend.

Of the 92 paroled homicide offenders, 54% recidivated; 15% recidivated with a violent offense.

journals.sagepub.com...

There is no perfect system. I choose the one that causes less harm to innocents. Evil violent offenders make rehabilitation for those who can be impossible.

If you can not be a lawful contributing member of society, you can't be in society. No anger, no hate, they just need to go.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Maybe the town will avenge mom somehow.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join