It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jung Un limo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   
This just seemed curious to me. How a car company lost track of one of their luxury limo's. Kim got it some how. Which one of the corporations is working with the N. Korean government? Not suppose to be. This is a embarrassment for the car manufacture.

Fox News

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

Through a middle man, likely in the Middle East.

Not every country supports such bans and probably get a kick from doing this sort of thing.

It is also a giggle fest for North Korea who are chuckling every time they see this story.

Think of it as North Korea's middle finger.

P

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Sales of vehicles by third parties, especially of used vehicles, are beyond our control and responsibility.”

At a guess he probably got them from either China or Russia , Daimler can't keep track of all the vehicles they produce so I'm not sure it is an embarrassment.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I read somewhere that North Korea has certain branches of the government wich only mission is to get the goods wich are burried under the international sanctions package.

They been burried under the sanctions the last decades , ofcourse they would find a way around those.

Saw this Vice documentary once , classroom full with Dell computers neck deep into sanctions.

But with NK you never know they could just faked the logo's and dell stickers.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Evil germans, how can they build high quality cars everybody wants to own?

I bet i wouldn´t find a thread about Kims limo on ATS if Kims limo would be a Ford or a Tesla.

Because that would just show how superior the USA and it´s brands is and would never be an embarrassment.

They are crazy, the nowadays Romans!

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Nice try...but I am sure if it was a Tesla there would be fire jokes....so dont be a sauerkraut.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

If a car can make Kim happy.. give him a car, I think we like him better happy

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

While we are at it, why not give him some new kicks, breakfast in bed, maybe a small nuke or 2.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: byteshertz
a reply to: Spacespider

While we are at it, why not give him some new kicks, breakfast in bed, maybe a small nuke or 2.

If we pays like everyone else, YES... except the nuke

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
He should make his own brand of Uno cards.

Kim Jong Un-O!

Sorry I misread the title.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Evil germans, how can they build high quality cars everybody wants to own?

If you ever owned one I suspect you wouldn't say that. I was never so glad to get rid of mine. It broke constantly and was very expensive to repair. That is not unusual.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Looks like somebody somewhere violated some sanctions !! 😎

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
From the dealership in Pyongyang would be my guess...

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It's not curious. As Daimler said "we don't track the cars after the initial sale"

If someone sells a car to a third party, it's not surprising that Daimler doesn't know about this. No car company tracks what happens to their cars if they're sold on to a third party after the initial purchase.

Unless the new owner registers for a service agreement, etc at the dealer. Although I'm pretty sure there's no Daimler dealership in #PyongYang

link   
It's not curious. As Daimler said "we don't track the cars after the initial sale"

If someone sells a car to a third party, it's not surprising that Daimler doesn't know about this. No car company tracks what happens to their cars if they're sold on to a third party after the initial purchase.

Unless the new owner registers for a service agreement, etc at the dealer. Although I'm pretty sure there's no Daimler dealership in #PyongYang

link   

link   

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I worked at a GM final assembly for a while and it was nothing for a truck to be missing from the back lot. Probably better security now but back in the 80's Oops another one gone.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
This just seemed curious to me. How a car company lost track of one of their luxury limo's. Kim got it some how.

It's pretty simple, really.

Daimler sells a car to person A. Person A sells the car to Person B. Person B sells the car to Kim.

Or B sells to C, C to D, D to E, and E sells it to Kim.

I mean, If I buy a used car, I don't expect that the car company would necessarily know I bought it unless there was some sort of manufacture's warranty that was transferred as part of the sale. Otherwise I see no reason for the car company to track resales of a car.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
You would probably be surprised how prevalent stolen car exporting is.

I’m subscribed to a guy on YouTube you has been in luxury car sales and renting pretty much his whole adult life. He told a story once about exposing an international car theft ring.

Basically these guys(or girls used as honeypots) befriend a fall guy and convince him to rent a car under his own name but the thieves offer to pay for it. Fall guy sees it as a win win, he gets to cruise around in a luxury car with his new friends for a weekend and doesn’t have to pay for it.

Problem is he wakes up the next morning and the car is gone along with his generous new friends.

The thieves take the car underground and quickly remove any trackers they can find and then take the car to a harbor where they have a waiting shipping container. They load it and by the time the police get involved the cars halfway across the ocean.

And that’s how you get a million dollar car for $1000 bucks and a few days of time befriending the gullible guy from your temporary job.

This happens way more than anyone really talks about.

edit on 29-4-2019 by Quantumgamer1776 because: The voices

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join