It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Endgame Full On Spoilers Discussion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   
First of all, I love how Captain America's arc ended, despite a few misgivings about Falcon getting the shield.

Everyone expected Bucky to take the mantle like in the comics,

However after Tony died I can't justify giving the shield to the man who killed it's creator.

Yes, there are a few blatant "sjw" type moments but in the vastness of the movie they are negligible.

I loved how they touched on so many things from the last decade of films and brought this phase to a satisfying conclusion.

As a sequel I put it up there with Empire Strikes Back.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Also, I guess the forthcoming Black Widow series for the Disney+ streaming service is going to have to be a prequel.

...and the Loki series.

Captain America wielding Mjolnir was an early leak but, nobody predicted "Fat Elvis" Thor.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I enjoyed the past Thanos and Nebula getting involved.
I didn't like seeing Thanos the farmer get killed, I guess he seemed pretty harmless at that point. I did enjoy Clint becoming a kill crazy vigilante backstory.
You did warn people of spoilers...

I thoroughly enjoyed the film.

edit on 26-4-2019 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The film was:

The big battle scene was awesome and we may never see anything like that again.

Hail Hydra was awesome.
The Tony/Howard interaction was awesome.

MAGNIFICENT

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Elton

The Farmer Thanos had accomplished his dream and removed everything in that universe that could take it away. He was injured and did not even look as if he cared to fight.

In Infinity war we got to see what a general Thanos could do, Endgame we got to see what the warrior Thanos can do.

I enjoyed the warrior version. The Thanos that man handled everyone but the Scarlett Witch and punched Captain Marvel right out of the fight scene was full on bad assery. He was more on par with the character from the comics. Even after all was said and done, that group of heroes won by the slimmest of margins. I enjoy a good villain.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Just came back from the film.

Epic!

A great ending to the franchise!

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
took my daughter to see it in 3d
was awesome

we both had a great time.
ties everything up nicely

so many cool parts.

wish there would have been a little more of the Scarlet Witch.

When the Ancient One punched Banner right out of the Hulk that was awesome too.

I like how the whole 1 situation in 14 million gave them the win. with Tony being very concerned and asking Strange and Strange telling him he cant tell him.

awesome

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I don't even know if this movie is criticable. Like what was said previously this movie is about fixing lose ends and bringing things to a conclusion. I think most knew that a bit of time traveling was going to be used. And when any story/series introduces tiem traveli ng the story can get a bit wonky and at times not make sense.

Like here is one question: I sLoki still alive? Forget him disappearing with the tessaract. but I mean "2014 Thanos" died. meaning he didnt kill Loki right?
edit on 28-4-2019 by American-philosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
And in that final battle did Hulk/Banner fight? I mean maybe he did and I missed it.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Like here is one question: I sLoki still alive? Forget him disappearing with the tessaract. but I mean "2014 Thanos" died. meaning he didnt kill Loki right?

Returning the stones to where they were taken from should have keep that time line as it was, but still changes were made so many time lines could have been created by minor changes made,

Star lord being knocked out prior to getting the power stone could be one or was he always knocked out during his sing and dance just prior to stealing the power stone in the 1st Guardians movie, I think not.

however Loki escaping after the battle of new York creates another time line for sure.

It brings Loki back for his own TV show on the Disney streaming service, that Loki of 2012 was still a villain.

One could argue many were created and another argument could be it was done on purpose to be able to have multiple time lines which would then allow to add characters that have existed all this time but not in the original timeline that we have been watching these past 11 years.

X men, Fantastic 4, many other characters acquired from the fox deal can now be added but in alternate time lines created by events during End Game.

Time travel is a head F### but the easiest way to explain any plot holes it may create is to have created alternate time lines which then allows for Characters to be added without trying say they existed all this time in the MCU that we have been watching but in alternate time lines.

call them alternate timelines or alternate universes created by a split in the original time line

the MCU then becomes the MCM Marvel Cinematic Multiverse.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
And in that final battle did Hulk/Banner fight? I mean maybe he did and I missed it.

He got pretty messed up when he clicked his finger to bring all the dead and dusted back

Then 2014 Thanos arrives and bombs the sh!t out of the avengers compound, hulk saves Rhodey and cant exactly remember, maybe Rocket by holding the building/floor up so it doesn't collapse on them.

I think hulk joins in when everyone assembles and charges Thanos and his army but no memorable scenes showing him smashing anything or avenging his loss to Thanos from their Infinity war fight.

at Tony's funeral he is still wearing a sling for his damaged arm.

Hulk played a big part by bringing everyone back, I would have loved to see more HulkSmash but am satisfied with what we were given.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I was pretty dissapointed tbh..

it was just way too much cut scene ' effects jumping from time line to timeline.

It was way to easy for them to get the stones and bring people back and you never really even saw the fruits of that..

it was just like ' snap ' cool done, hey look a battle..

and Thor - what a waste of a spectacular character..

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Your right but I also feel it gives writers a magic wand if you will for any plot holes or anything that just might not make sense.

I still dont know if anyone has given me an an appropriate answer to the spiderman question. ( I know I may not have mentioned it on here yet. I have been asking friends.) Why werent any of the high school friends of spiderman aged 5 years like Ned should have been five years older right?

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
and also I am going to do a Captian Marvel rant now: Is it just me or does it seem like Captain Marvel wants to hang out anywhere but earth? YOuw ould think being called back to earth you would want to hang out where you were from?? And maybe she is off wordl more then not I have not read her comic arc. I know she wants to be Guardarian of the Galazy (opps that title is already taken. but wow hang out for a minute catch with some people maybe. maybe people you were supposed to have some connections with.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Fat Thor was spectacular.
Very large fail equals gargantuan redemption.
Hammer and axe Thor was B A

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Your right but I also feel it gives writers a magic wand if you will for any plot holes or anything that just might not make sense.

Oh for sure, introducing time travel, multiple timelines/universes helps writers correct any mistakes in narrative that wouldn't make sense on a linear scale

On Disney streaming when its released there is a show about Wanda and vision, its supposed to be set in the 50s from what I am reading.

If this is true how else will any of that make sense unless they use more time travel.

Why werent any of the high school friends of spiderman aged 5 years like Ned should have been five years older right?

The next Spiderman movie, them going to Europe, chances are its set before Infinity war.

And about Capt. Marvel, in End Game when she is asked to stay, she points out how every planet in the galaxy is going through the same crap as earth but those other planets don't have avengers to help them so that is why she ends up going to do her work and helping the many on other planets that require a hero.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Yes, there are a few blatant "sjw" type moments but in the vastness of the movie they are negligible.

Captain Marvel with her butch hair do?

I am sure Fat Elvis Thor will be back in shape for GOG 3.

edit on 1-5-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   
My family and I watched this movie, and we really enjoyed it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join