It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SPAM and eggs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Anyone tried this? SPAM, you know--Stuff Posing As Meat.

Might be good with some rice nom nom nom nom

Let me know in the comments section below.

edit on 20-4-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

It's not nearly as bad as people make out, chop it up and fry it with some eggs and a bit of brown sauce, goes down a treat

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

a littLe SPAM got me through college in the 80s...that and Dinty Moore beef stew, Mrs. Pauls fish stix and mayo

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Spam and scrambled eggs, with a dab or two of maple syrup. And a decent cup of Jo.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It's not the affordable broke person food people remember- you can buy actual ham for less these days.

Still though- a grilled cheese and fried spam sandwich has its place. Also makes mean spam fried rice.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Spam and eggs was the standard breakfast in our house if we ran out of bacon and sausage or my Dad was cooking breakfast. He loved it fried up crispy with fried eggs and hot vinegar. Oh, and fried biscuits 'cause my Daddy didn't know how to make biscuits but he could surely make a fine fried biscuit from yesterday's biscuits.

Lots of diners in the south have it on the menu, right under the fried balogna breakfast.

I never knew all the ways it could be prepared until I went to Maui and saw all the ways it's listed on menus there. Laughed so hard I nearly wet myself when I saw "Spam & Tofu" dish....

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Fried Spam and eggs was a treat Breakfast growing up. It's really quite tasty that way.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Every fall, after hurricane season, we eat all the canned goods that were saved in prep for the BIG ONE.

Spam is pretty good fried. Spam and eggs. SpamLTs. raw spam sandwiches with lots of rooster sauce. All are far better than the ramen, Vienna sausages, tuna etc.

We have not had a big storm here since 2005 so having to eat the supplies is a good problem to have.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: valiant

It's not nearly as bad as people make out, chop it up and fry it with some eggs and a bit of brown sauce, goes down a treat

I eat spam out of the can with a spoon... I have never understood the hate, especially from people who eat sausage..

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DukeMisterio
Every fall, after hurricane season, we eat all the canned goods that were saved in prep for the BIG ONE.

Spam is pretty good fried. Spam and eggs. SpamLTs. raw spam sandwiches with lots of rooster sauce. All are far better than the ramen, Vienna sausages, tuna etc.

We have not had a big storm here since 2005 so having to eat the supplies is a good problem to have.

What the heck is rooster sauce?

We don't even digest the cheap ramen noodles. They did a study on it, and it remains undigested for hours. Reminds me of the old adage of boiling a boot..

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Rooster sauce is the thick smokey delicious hot sauce that the hipsters discovered in 2017 and caused the price to rise.

Saracha maybe. I have not bought this seasons bottle yet and I can't remember for sure.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I used to hunt spam back in the day. Don't anymore, my eyes aren't what they used to be. But it does go good with eggs.

edit on 20-4-2019 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Back in the day Spam made a good addition to my back packing/fishing trips. Tasty with no refrigeration required.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I actually like Spam. If you slice it real thin and fry it so it crisps a bit, it tastes real good with toast and eggs over easy.

Fried thin and crisp like that then topped with some cheese it also tastes great on a sandwich. I always stock at least four or five cans of it. We also keep a few cans of corned beef in stock.

We only have it about three times a year, but it is pretty tasty.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   

My parents would make it when I was young, they were strapped for cash. My parents would slice it and then fry it on each side, making it crispy on each side. Served with mashed potatoes and corn. Butter bread on the side.

edit on 21-4-2019 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   

I do not like green eggs and Spam, mostly because green eggs are most likely spoiled.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I went to some kind of a food festival thing in Hawaii once. It was all about SPAM. They're nutso over SPAM.

Some people did some pretty creative stuff with it!

SPAM and eggs isn't bad. SPAM always managed to show up on hunting trips at some point. I don't mind it. I think I like it better uncooked than cooked though. Just can't eat a lot of it.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
Spam and eggs was the standard breakfast in our house if we ran out of bacon and sausage or my Dad was cooking breakfast. He loved it fried up crispy with fried eggs and hot vinegar. Oh, and fried biscuits 'cause my Daddy didn't know how to make biscuits but he could surely make a fine fried biscuit from yesterday's biscuits.

Lots of diners in the south have it on the menu, right under the fried balogna breakfast.

I never knew all the ways it could be prepared until I went to Maui and saw all the ways it's listed on menus there. Laughed so hard I nearly wet myself when I saw "Spam & Tofu" dish....

LOL just got some bologna for fried bologna sandwiches from my youth. Occasional Spam eater too fried Spam sandwich or with eggs wasn't a bad breakfast. Plus my kids would eat it, and as somebody mentioned we ate it plenty of times while camping or hunting.
edit on 21-4-2019 by putnam6 because: additions

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Now...fried bologna is in a whole other league!!

Fried bologna sammiches, with Hellman's mayonaise and a little black pepper??? OH MAN!!

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Now...fried bologna is in a whole other league!!

Fried bologna sammiches, with Hellman's mayonaise and a little black pepper??? OH MAN!!

LOL maybe its just perception beef bologna is just meat trimming cooked and squished together with some seasonings, and so is Spam. Fried they both render out a decent amount of grease/fat. Spam being pork is a little different has more sodium and have no doubt, the slurping noise and gel goo you get from opening and depositing Spam on a plate can be a bit unappetizing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join