It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Spin mueller report discussion?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
What's your no spin Mueller Report/Barr/Trump/Russia thoughts?

Not looking for parroting your favorite celebrity...No James Woods, Matt Damon, Sean Hannity, Rachel Maddow, Rush Limbaugh, Stephen King etc.

What's really going on?

1. Why wouldn't we/you want the full Mueller report released to the public? I saw a lot of pushback on this from mainly conservatives. I'm okay with the redacted report, but why wouldn't you want full disclosure of an investigation that cost millions of dollars? We paid for it, let's see it. I'm just glad it's released. Transparency is never bad.

2. Barr...to me he appears, not as an Attorney General but as a Trump legal Council. Has he crossed the line?

3. It appears the report says Russia tried to influence the election, Trump knew about it. Trump tried to obstruct the investigation. Mueller wanted congress to look into it. Is that how you guys see it?

What do you think?

Que the "...you liberals lost! Get over it!" Remarks and "He's a criminal impeach him!" remarks from Republicans and Democrats on this board.

I am neither. I'm a registered independent who really does try to see through the BS. I voted Libertarian last election.

So give us your real no spin reactions. Don't quote your favorite radio or TV celebrity or your favorite meme. What do you really think? Are my three points valid here?

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

You're already spinning, OP.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Mueller was a HIT MAN appointed by Rod Rosenstein to GET TRUMP. Mueller even conducted a "Get Trump" in-person interview of the President.

theconservativetreehouse.com...

Mueller knew before being appointed Special Counsel that there was no "Trump-Russia Collusion". The FBI had already determined this, a few months earlier. (See: Crossfire Hurricane)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

its simple. everyone knew the report wouldn't be released in full verbatim.
Barr has no choice but to stand by the president. thats why trump chose him, like most of his cabinet.

whatever role russian ooeratives had, it wasn't to influence the election, it was to influence trump.

Trump had to lie and say he never met putin before, his fans didn't care he lied, so moot point. its not at all about what took place or what was setting up to take place, its how much you can convince people that took place.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

1. It would break laws to release the full report. This should be known now, but CNN and other liberal media continue to dumb down their viewers.

2. To me, he appears to be treating the analysis of this investigation fairly. You can't use the resources of the entire intel community to spy on a presidential candidate, then complain about obstruction when the person being targeted defends himself on social media.

3. The way I see it is Obama was in charge during the height of the Russia meddling and didn't care to stop it. Instead, they used the situation to secretly place a spy in his campaign using a fake story from the Hillary campaign.

I voted for Obama in 08, he sucked and didn't vote in 2012. Voted for Trump in 16 and now I'm alt-right, so I get what your saying.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

1. Why wouldn't we/you want the full Mueller report released to the public?

Because since we're talking about a criminal investigation still going on, why would anyone want to release the details of this to the people being investigated?

So they can destroy evidences? Again?

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Janet Reno’s DOJ re-wrote the independent counsel regulation to prohibit the release of investigative and grand jury information . The Democrats brought this on theirselves.

Barr released what he could by law and even gave reasons for the redactions. Not to mention only 7.25% of the entire report was redacted. That’s not much by DC standards .

So here’s my thoughts on the aftermath of the report .

edit on 19-4-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
as already mentioned he could not by law release the entire thing unredacted it hasn't happened since bill and the blue dress, and because of the law changes after that fiasco it will never happen again.

Its not a left or right thing its a law thing.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Here is my synopsis.....
Leftys....Trump guilty...DC corrupt.
Rightys...Trump not guilty....DC corrupt.

But, there are 3 sides to every story....
To me....Trump as a non-politician, knows little to nothing of the poliitical workings of Washington. He is running the office as a business venture. This means he needs strong peeps who know whats up to keep the man outta legal trouble. I believe it is hard to find said peeps that aint tainted so thus the mass firings and asking peeps to fire peeps. He just dont know the games.

But i am drunk so what do i know.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

No spin? Really? If you spin this thing any harder it'll fly apart from centrifugal force!

1. The report has been released, at least as much as it can in light of a law passed primarily by Democrats after the Clinton investigation. People do not get to pass a law than choose to tell others to ignore it when it becomes inconvenient. Barr is required by law to redact the report.

Let me repeat that: it is illegal for Barr to release any Special Investigation report unredacted.

I don't know how to make that any clearer, sorry.

2. Barr did not choose to exonerate Trump in a vacuum. This was a DoJ decision. And from what very little I have read of it, the report gives a case so flimsy I could not vote for a conviction if I sat on a jury hearing it. It sounds like something that would be well in context during the court scene in Idiocracy, and I do not exaggerate!

3. Of course Russia tried to influence the election! Do you really think we spent $30,000,000.00 to verify that?

Russia tries to influence all US elections. The US tries to influence all Russia elections. China tries to influence all Russia elections. China tries to influence all US elections. The US tries to influence all Chinese elections. Russia tries to influence all Chinese elections. Pakistan tries to influence Syrian elections. Australia tries to influence New Zealand elections. The British try to influence French elections. France tries to influence British elections.

Are you getting it yet? Everybody tries to influence everyone else's elections... and the greatest influence attempt was by the DNC and the GOP, just like every cycle! Just because Russia tried to influence our election, it does not follow that they did influence our election. Evidence suggests they did not succeed, and if they did, it was the greatest bonehead success in history; Donald Trump has been nothing but a thorn in Putin's side ever since his inauguration.

Did Trump know about it? Probably had some suspicions... or he's dumber than a box of rocks. Anyone who would not suspect that Russia would want to interfere with our elections likely wouldn't have enough brainpower to get out of bed in the morning without step-by-step instructions. Could Trump do anything about it? No, because Barack Obama was President, not Donald Trump!

As for trying to obstruct the investigation... HOW? Trump could have fired Mueller on day 1. Trump could have fired Rosenstein on day 1. He has that power. He could have directed Rosenstein to stymie Mueller. He didn't do any of that. The whole obstruction thing came about because Trump fired a man who the Democrats wanted fired and who has since demonstrated extreme incompetence a high-school McDonalds employee would be jealous of! Comey was not handling the investigations... so how could his firing, a Constitutionally-granted right of the sitting President, even affect the investigation... unless Comey was covering for illegalities in the investigation process, like Strzok?

My God, man, the spin in the OP of your "no-spin" thread is as extreme as I have ever seen it... you are parroting CNN, point by point, and then admonishing others to not parrot their sources?

You want a debate on this issue: bring it. But leave your misconceptions at home. This is not the Mud Pit, as I am sure you aware. I want factual (not opinion) sources, and I expect reasoned, non-partisan thinking skills. So come on, fella! I'm yer huckleberry! Let's do this!

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

It's really simple why we wouldn't want it unredacted. It's not fair to the people who were investigated but not charged.

You wouldn't want info to be released about you if you were investigated without just cause and not enough was found to bring charges.

Jaden

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

How am I spinning? Please enlighten me. Seriously.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Mueller was a HIT MAN appointed by Rod Rosenstein to GET TRUMP. Mueller even conducted a "Get Trump" in-person interview of the President.

theconservativetreehouse.com...

Mueller knew before being appointed Special Counsel that there was no "Trump-Russia Collusion". The FBI had already determined this, a few months earlier. (See: Crossfire Hurricane)

Interesting. Possible. How do we know this though? I mean, how do you know that Mueller knew that there was no collusion, when the report seems to say that there was Russian meddling and that there was communication with the Trump campaign?

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

No spin? Really? If you spin this thing any harder it'll fly apart from centrifugal force!

1. The report has been released, at least as much as it can in light of a law passed primarily by Democrats after the Clinton investigation. People do not get to pass a law than choose to tell others to ignore it when it becomes inconvenient. Barr is required by law to redact the report.

Let me repeat that: it is illegal for Barr to release any Special Investigation report unredacted.

I don't know how to make that any clearer, sorry.

2. Barr did not choose to exonerate Trump in a vacuum. This was a DoJ decision. And from what very little I have read of it, the report gives a case so flimsy I could not vote for a conviction if I sat on a jury hearing it. It sounds like something that would be well in context during the court scene in Idiocracy, and I do not exaggerate!

3. Of course Russia tried to influence the election! Do you really think we spent $30,000,000.00 to verify that?

Russia tries to influence all US elections. The US tries to influence all Russia elections. China tries to influence all Russia elections. China tries to influence all US elections. The US tries to influence all Chinese elections. Russia tries to influence all Chinese elections. Pakistan tries to influence Syrian elections. Australia tries to influence New Zealand elections. The British try to influence French elections. France tries to influence British elections.

Are you getting it yet? Everybody tries to influence everyone else's elections... and the greatest influence attempt was by the DNC and the GOP, just like every cycle! Just because Russia tried to influence our election, it does not follow that they did influence our election. Evidence suggests they did not succeed, and if they did, it was the greatest bonehead success in history; Donald Trump has been nothing but a thorn in Putin's side ever since his inauguration.

Did Trump know about it? Probably had some suspicions... or he's dumber than a box of rocks. Anyone who would not suspect that Russia would want to interfere with our elections likely wouldn't have enough brainpower to get out of bed in the morning without step-by-step instructions. Could Trump do anything about it? No, because Barack Obama was President, not Donald Trump!

As for trying to obstruct the investigation... HOW? Trump could have fired Mueller on day 1. Trump could have fired Rosenstein on day 1. He has that power. He could have directed Rosenstein to stymie Mueller. He didn't do any of that. The whole obstruction thing came about because Trump fired a man who the Democrats wanted fired and who has since demonstrated extreme incompetence a high-school McDonalds employee would be jealous of! Comey was not handling the investigations... so how could his firing, a Constitutionally-granted right of the sitting President, even affect the investigation... unless Comey was covering for illegalities in the investigation process, like Strzok?

My God, man, the spin in the OP of your "no-spin" thread is as extreme as I have ever seen it... you are parroting CNN, point by point, and then admonishing others to not parrot their sources?

You want a debate on this issue: bring it. But leave your misconceptions at home. This is not the Mud Pit, as I am sure you aware. I want factual (not opinion) sources, and I expect reasoned, non-partisan thinking skills. So come on, fella! I'm yer huckleberry! Let's do this!

TheRedneck

Thanks for your reply, but not sure how you think my OP was extreme spin? I don't watch any news shows so not sure how I can be parroting CNN. I think most 'Normal" Americans have questions like I do. We don't believe anything we hear on MSNBC or FOXNews because we know their propaganda channels. Not sure why your so aggressive in your response here.

Isn't it reasonable to think that the DOJ and FBI aren't corrupt...and that an investigation from the DOJ with FBI guy would be a good investigation? I don't mind the redaction's, I just found it weird that people didn't want hte report released...like there was something to hide, that's why I'm glad it's been released. and Barr does seem to be in Trump's Corner as apposed to an impartial AG. That's not spin...that's what I'm thinking without more information and why i put forth a thread for discussion.

It almost seems like you don't want to find the truth or have a logical discussion with someone that might not agree with all of your fox news talking points?

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Its his opinion. How can that be spin?
Unless you traditionally lie to yourself.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Ha ha..
This party is only just beginning.

Like trump himself said.

He's F**ked !

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: IAMTAT

How am I spinning? Please enlighten me. Seriously.

'The Redneck' spells it out very succinctly.

Your OP's 'opinion' points read exactly like Democrat 4am. talking points.

#2 was, verbatim,...an MSNBC chyron I saw yesterday.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Yeah fourteen separate additional investigations were sparked by Muellers investigation.
I thought it was only twelve. (Only twelve lol) but its twelve we know and two that are sealed.
( waiting for someone...... to leave his current job so they can prosecute him. )

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Funny.

Congress will get an unredacated copy.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Care to show me where all of congress will get a completely unredacted copy?

Cause everything I read said select members in a secure setting will be able to see a more unredacted copy but still not a completely unredacted version.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join