It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
Well it is called Rise of "Skywalker", so chicky pooh there in the picture must be Luke's kid.

Ben is still technically a Skywalker so who knows.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Tickets have been purchased for this weekend. Looking forward to the SJW action and hopefully a post-credit political speech by Daisy.

If you're going to post spoilers please give everyone a heads up.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Disney said they wont be doing trilogy format anymore, claiming they didn't want to be put into a box but rather let the stories unfold however...

Why I gotta like Star Wars so god damn much?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Because it's friggin awesome.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

First spoiler-free reviews are in after the media premier yesterday.

Those reviews aren't very promising.

I'm sure the movie is very entertaining and disappointing. Even the last jedi was entertaining.....

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Two aren't, two are and two more are still digesting it.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I always have a big distaste for movie critics, it's like we never watch the same movies, and they see things that aren't there or invent problems that never existed. I still read them though, more fool me.

Anyway, going on friday night, hope it's a good one!

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

I'm going on Saturday so I'll be back to post what I think.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Enjoy it man!

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I am skipping this one. The people who have seen the movie have confirmed all the leaks.

It is said that TROS has brought together all the fans. It seems no one likes it.
TLJ fans hate it because so much was retconned and the old fans hate it because it is simply bad. It has already released in other countries and the news is people are walking out an hour into the movie.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
My older brother is about the most devout, die-hard SW fan there is, going so far as to defend, of all things, Jar-Jar's presence in the franchise (bastard, I'm no fan, but even I wanted to burn Jar-Jar at the stake)

He...hated it. Without spoilering anything for folks, his gripes were too many instances of fan service Easter eggs, the pacing was "annoyingly manic & all over the place", and the scenes regarding Leia just did not fit (didn't they use cut scenes and trashed/no-go scenes from her last one for her "appearance"??) And his biggest beef was that the movie as a whole was entirely too predictable, you knew everything that was coming scene after scene.

His summary, "For this, Abrams better be hung from the highest tree. Flare Trek was better."

Ouch.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I don't really blame JJ. Look at the mess Rian Johnson left for whoever directed the next movie.

C. Fisher passed away yet he didn't adjust the movie for that at all. He already had the scene where she could have been sent off with some dignity but instead has her pull a Marry Poppins. Then he went ahead and killed off Luke.

Ruin basically ended the trilogy at the 2nd movie. Han was killed in the first movie Ruin killed off Luke and Snoke answered the question of Rey's parents and killed off all but like 12 of the resistance off screen. It is no wonder the original director that was set to make the 3rd film walked away.

All Ruin had to do to give the third movie a place to go is keep Luke alive and let Leia die on screen.

Ruin is a crapy director that couldn't adjust and Kathleen Kenedy is the one who let it happen all for some political sjw agenda because she couldn't let a toxic white male(Luke) teach a woman(Rey) about the force and Jedi Training.
edit on 18-12-2019 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Dont care
Still giving them my money
Possibly for multiple holiday screenings

Happy holidays

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
He...hated it.

Interesting. How did he get to see it since it doesn't come out until one after midnight tonight? Is he press or living overseas? I have some friends in SAG and they didn't get any screeners which is my usual path to catch something early.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

It played in Tampa today, but I don't know about other states.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

He...hated it.

Interesting. How did he get to see it since it doesn't come out until one after midnight tonight? Is he press or living overseas? I have some friends in SAG and they didn't get any screeners which is my usual path to catch something early.

He lives in Tampa, and as Grim said, it played there already. I'm sure he was camped out in the theater line for days ahead of time.

Edit: But if he hadn't been in line for it, the old fashioned wait-for-your-foreign-buddy-to-drop-you-a-sketchy-online-upload-link would have gone down like it did for Episode 2 for him. He was so pissed off that I managed to see Episode 1 in a theater before him (all the ones around him were sold out, we went southward and found an empty one) that he pirated #2 to see it before me. Dude, it's not a competition.
edit on 12/19/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I can see how he had a hot mess to work with, but there seemed to be room for story tweaks that he ignored in favor of fan service drops & plotline McGuffins. Granted, I haven't seen it yet myself, hubs will snag the DVD as soon as it hits stores and then I will. I'm just keeping the gripes in mind -- I'd rather have lowered expectations and be surprised than have high ones and be disappointed. I still wouldn't consider myself an outright fan, but I do like the franchise. I had low expectations for Rogue One after the reviews came out, and ended up really liking it a lot.

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Dont care
Still giving them my money
Possibly for multiple holiday screenings

Happy holidays

As you should. I gave the theater money for Star Trek: Nemesis despite initial negative reviews & word-of-mouth gripes -- that's not exactly a Trekkie favorite film overall. Thus, I understand

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I'm not a big comic book fan, at all, so your statement that Marvel lies and rips off DC has me wanting a little bit of elaboration on that. My friend is a huge Marvel guy and says DC 's universe isn't as good, period, and they haven't done well with their movie franchise.

Hell if I know. I watch DC's Legends of Tomorrow - I only started watching because the dude from Dr. Who was in it and it had time travel - and Batwoman as I've always dug the Batman universe. Now they are doing this Crisis of Infinite Earths crossover with Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Batwoman and the Legends and I'm so very confused because I only watch two of the five shows.

Who's Vibe and what the hell does he do? Who's the silver chick? Monitor, Anti-Monitor? Huh? Harbinger, who was someone else, I think?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   

He lives in Tampa, and as Grim said, it played there already. I'm sure he was camped out in the theater line for days ahead of time.

Huh. Not showing anywhere near me until tonight. Oh well, I'm going on Saturday. I need them to take my money.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join