It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigel Farage launches the Brexit party

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Nigel Farage Launches new "BREXIT PARTY"

Farage pledged to "start putting the fear of God back into our members of parliament," adding that "they deserve nothing less after their betrayal [of the Brexit result]."

"I'm angry. Lots of people out there are angry."

Disclaimer: I'm an America but I'm married to a British Citizen, as such I've been watching the developments in that country closely. Especially since I regularly travel there. I have no real horse in the race one way or the other but the wife voted Brexit for sovereignty reasons.

I'm posting this as I'm curious what the UK Members here think of this new development? Does this Party have a chance? Will it instantly become a major player in British politics?

It seems like an ingenious tactic to create a party surrounding the main and only topic every British person thinks about on a daily basis for the last 3 years. Whenever I'm in England, not a day, or hour for that matter, goes by where the news or someone doesn't mention Brexit. Now there is a party that will be synonymous with that name. Of course this could be a double edged sword as his party may be seen as a single policy party.

I'm looking forward to hearing all your thoughts.
edit on 4/12/2019 by PsychoEmperor because: add qoute

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

If we had proportional representation as most of Europe has then it would make a difference, but with our first past the post system of voting, with constituency winner takes all becoming MP, I think the Brexit party will just steal a few votes from the main parties and not get a single seat in Parliament.

You read it here first folks 😎

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

What again? Am I now living in ground hog day or what?

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

What again? Am I now living in ground hog day or what?

What do you mean? Are you implying this is just like his original brexit campaign? haha

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I genuinely don't know what level of support this party will receive.

People are completely pissed off and disenchanted with politics and perhaps more accurately politicians.

There's a chance Farage will be viewed as just another opportunist politician trying to use the British people for his own personal gain and advancement.

Of course there may be many who view Farage as some sort of saviour of Brexit, a spokesman for the disenfranchised whose votes the elites and The Remainers are trying their very best to render invalid.

And then there's those who simply don't give a toss any more.

One things for certain; MSM will do their very best to demonise Farage and his party, portray it as far-Right and do everything within their power to ensure it gains little support.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Don’t you remember UKIP which Farage formed, it was essentially the brexit party. So yeah ground hog day.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Nobody really has any real horses in the race one way, or the other, or has a clue as to what's going to happen.

Not the PM or MP nor anyone else in Westminster.

IMHO Brexit is a very bad idea, doomed from the start, unimplementable and nonsensical all the way to the bank and back again.

Or

Back to Westminster so they can continue with all this forced austerity.
edit on 12-4-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I will be voting for his party.

When the referendum was first put to the public, the leave campaign said we would be able to set up our own agreements with other countries for trade. However if we enter a customs union with the EU we won't be able to do that- that's betrayal by the government.

The EU has kept salaries low by freedom of movement meaning we have had millions of foreign workers come here, this increased supply of labour has kept wages low and forced house prices up, many people cant buy a house.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SoEpic

Brexit is hardly lightly to raise the salaries of the common everyday person, nor allow them to gain a foot on the property ladder.

Unless you are a Tory landlord fortunate enough to snap up properties at knockdown prices in the coming recession/housing market crash that will almost certainly follow Brexit.

Plus we need those millions of foreign workers to keep our country running and economy afloat.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

You have been brainwashed!

Brexit won't raise salaries but if it was a proper Brexit then it would stop salaries deteriorating further, there is of course far more to this than just immigration but it is a big cause. For the record my wife is an immigrant, the amount of uncontrollable immigration has been far too much, the country has lost its cultural identity. There is an Asian woman in my office whose parents settled in this country 50 years ago, she is complaining about the Polish coming here and taking over the Asian communities, buying the local shops, renting the houses etc. All groups seem to have had enough.

Less housing demand should lower prices.

We don't need millions of foreign workers, where do you get that from?

The economy will enter recession with or without brexit, there is too much debt.

The EU has enabled me to become very rich but I really feel for those on low incomes who have been hardest hit. The EU has failed them.

The 37 billion divorce payment(since when does the poorer person pay the richer person in a divorce?) Should not be paid and instead should be used to boost the economy
edit on 12-4-2019 by SoEpic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 12-4-2019 by SoEpic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Really? And how can anyone say how crappy brexit is, when it never actually happened? If the UK had just said "See ya.." when the people voted for it, you wouldn't have a tenth of the problems you do now. But hey, I believe a democratic vote is a democratic vote....strange, I know...

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
His party will get nowhere. UKIP barely got any representation in Parliament and IMO will get no further. I'd bet that any former/current UKIP support in MEP elections will be beaten by younger voters keen to keep their work and travel options less restricted.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

Well, i can certainly say how crappy the whole entire process or lack off has been thus far.

I would not trust that shower of inept inbreed bastards to do my washing.

As to Democracy, the UK is not a democracy, "the United Kingdom is a unitary state with devolution that is governed within the framework of a parliamentary democracy under a constitutional monarchy in which the monarch, currently Queen Elizabeth II, is the head of state".

Operative words being under and head.

Strange i know, but that's how it is.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SoEpic

We do so need foreign workers, anyone that does not think so lives in Theresa May's imaginary strong and stable hills.

37 billion divorce payment? What about £66,000,000,000 Brexit has cost our people and economy so far?

This Asian woman harbors latent racist tendencies then, quite simple.

Polish are great workers and can and do teach our own builders a thing or two.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Well, i can certainly say how crappy the whole entire process or lack off has been thus far. I would not trust that shower of inept water to do my washing.

That was my point. It's not the actual brexit that's crappy, it's the complete pig's ear the gov has made of the process. The UK could have just left, and then dealt with the consequences, good and bad.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

Which hardly instill confidence in whats to follow.

If they canny sort out Brexit what chance do they have of improving the nation afterward for the common everyday person?

Not much is my guess.

Brexit will make a lot of rich people even more well off whilst the rest of us fund there expensive reclusive rainbow wizard show for the foreseeable future.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I've replied to this before. Nigel Farage is what's known as an attention whore. He wants attention and power at any cost.
He's a liar and a cheat. His quote "I'm a man of my word". The next and most important quote "I have never been and I never wanted to be a career politician". Now where will I start??
In the early 1900s Farage was in the conservative party but couldn't get any power or position so he left them and started his own party in 1993, UKIP.
He got voted as a member of the European Parliament in 1999 and through the 2010s.
He tried to get made the mayor of London in 2008 and failed.
He tried getting into the British parliament in 2006, 2010 and 2015. Failed every time. Left UKIP in 2016 and now setting up this new party.
Well if that don't prove he's a career politician (that's failed politician to you and me) I eat my hat.
He also been caught-in a tax evasion scam but he says "it wasn't profitable", but he still pays himself through a private company.

edit on 12-4-2019 by crayzeed because: added word

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I will be voting for Nigel and his new party. He is the only politician standing up for Britain and the voters (again), and will not be bullied by the EU. Where as it seems ALL mp's and their parties will do anything to keep us in.

I voted out and, by law, we should be out. The Queen needs to do something, and all 650 MPs (who are on at least £78,000 a year) need sacking.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Moohide

I voted out to, but dont for 1 minute think Farage has you or I on his list of concerns, his main concern is to still claim his MEP expenses while denouncing them, so much for integrity, the guy is the same as ALL others, slimy decietful self serving politician

Long-serving MEPs to be eligible for six-figure transition payments

Farage is due to return to his full MEP salary (€8,484 pre-tax per month) in October, having being docked half of it for 10 months for alleged misspending of EU funds

edit on 12-4-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: link

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join