It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with Boeing?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Some of you who follow this forum know that I blame Boeing for spreading disinformation on the F-35's development problems. I believe that recent events have proven me right. These events include the Air Force acquiring the F-15X and the Navy ordering more F/A-18s. Putting this aside, I'm sure that everybody has heard of the problems with the 737 MAX. I'm going to leave that aside.

Has anybody heard about the Air Force delaying acceptance of the KC-46 tankers because of debris left in closed spaces?

www.airforcetimes.com...

In another budget hearing Tuesday afternoon, with the House Appropriations subcommittee on defense, Wilson said that problems with foreign object debris can range from a dropped wrench that gets left behind, to small pieces of aluminum left on surfaces. But if surfaces don’t get wiped down to clean off those aluminum fragments, they can get in the middle of things and cause serious problems in the aircraft, Wilson said.

How about the cost overruns on the Space Launch System?

www.nbcnews.com...

Problems such as these are to be expected with a major initiative like the SLS. But in a 2018 report, NASA’s Office of Inspector General blamed the agency and Boeing for sloppy expenditure tracking, questionable performance reviews that awarded Boeing millions of extra dollars and the granting of contract extensions without proper oversight.

Anybody starting to see a pattern here?

In the "Another 737 MAX-8 down" thread, some posters have mentioned a reporting system that is run by the FAA and NASA.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I find it interesting that Boeing was given great leeway on the acceptance qualifications for the 737 MAX by the FAA.
I also find it interesting that Boeing is partners with NASA on the Space Launch System.

Maybe a little "scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" between Boeing, the FAA and NASA? I don't know, but this is a conspiracy site after all.

edit on 8-4-2019 by JIMC5499 because: typo

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Some over-privileged and morally deviant loser(s) with pink-hair or something is/are probably responsible. Diversity hires.
edit on 8-4-2019 by drewlander because: Plural

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

"Maybe a little 'scratch my back and I'll scratch yours' between Boeing, The FAA and NASA?"

Not maybe, but definitely. It's pretty obvious, and infuriating. Gambling with lives for their own profits and convenience. Dicks.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Maybe a little "scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" between Boeing, the FAA and NASA? I don't know, but this is a conspiracy site after all.

Possibly, but no conspiracy here and hate to point out the obvious:

They appear to be manufacturing aircraft that fall out of the sky

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Possibly, but no conspiracy here and hate to point out the obvious:

They appear to be manufacturing aircraft that fall out of the sky

Yes, and the reason they fall out of the sky is because of the back-scratching.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

my guess is the 'workforce' (the whole body of employees/technicians)
out there in the Pacific Northwest Rainforest has cracked under-the-strain

...the Grunge and Liberal assault on normal lifestyle has knocked the once cool social order to ITs knees

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

100% the truth RE back scratching

All about money money money

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

You do realize the sls rocket is being built in Louisiana, not Seattle, right?

And you are aware people went to jail for Boeing effectively bribing folks so they would get a tanker contract?

This sounds far, far worse than just some pissy workers in Seattle. This is company wide.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Boeing does all the stealth work on the f35 so if there is a problem then its theirs.

As far as the max 8....boeing put bigger motors on it and jacked up the aerodynamic qualities which required new computer programming. This was to save time cuz American bought a bunch of Airbus jets. Problem is they marketed it as a regular 737....when in reality its a new aircraft that should have had specialized training for aircrews.

How did this happen? FAA employees being courted by Boeing with good paying jobs to look the other way.
Exact same scenario with the banks in 08 with SEC peeps getting promised good jobs at a bank to look the other way.

Its why we need reform of how big corps can lobby.

Boeing got sloppy cuz uncle sam has been protecting it.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: anzha

My cousin works the re entry vehicle for Lockheed....he says Boeing cant get their act together to get their rocket working properly....even though it is nearly identical to the space shuttle launch rockets

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Tbf, I'm not a huge fan of Lockheed, either. These are not sports teams, but companies our soldiers rely on. We ought to be holding them accountable in all ways.

Even so, Boeing is showing itself to be a really bad egg: Shanahan is clearly trying to feather his nest when he gets out by giving Boeing the f-15x contract: $1B for 8 aircraft when buying f-35s would be cheaper. 12 f-35s would be about the same price.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Benny Hill said it best. "Never get in an airplane with a name like Boeing. It sounds like a piece just popped off!"

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I worked for a sub-contractor for Boeing in the late 80's. They kept telling us that our parts were wrong. That they wouldn't mate up with the wings that Boeing was building. Their Quality people came in and went over us with a fine tooth comb and found nothing. My Foreman said "Maybe you are building the wing wrong." Turns out he was right.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: anzha

Tbf, I'm not a huge fan of Lockheed, either. These are not sports teams, but companies our soldiers rely on. We ought to be holding them accountable in all ways.

Even so, Boeing is showing itself to be a really bad egg: Shanahan is clearly trying to feather his nest when he gets out by giving Boeing the f-15x contract: $1B for 8 aircraft when buying f-35s would be cheaper. 12 f-35s would be about the same price.

if Trump were to tweet this part out right now, would the spotlight be enough to draw more scrutiny?

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

This is what happens when you have no competition to keep you honest.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

The X is interesting. Its basically going to be an external weapons platform for the f35. Is that the correct number for 8 jets???. Sounds waaaaay high.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

www.thedrive.com...

Exact amount $1.1174 billion.

Pure corruption.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Kind of a broad-brush and simplified view of it, but I blame the MBA culture that has taken over business models since the late 80's. Boeing should be run first by plane builders and aerospace engineers. Business analysts and accountants should be tertiary at best.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: anzha

That article says the 15x will cost far less than an f35 ever will. And its for 240 jets.

www.thedrive.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

That article is, at best, FOS. On March 12, an article was published with comments from one of three budget offices saying that the cost of the two aircraft is "roughly equivalent". The budget released that day shows just over $1B for 8 aircraft, eigh includes engineering costs. The second and third lots will set the unit cost better.

The F-15 beats the F-35 hands down in sustainment and flight hour costs, but that will change with time. The only way that the unit costs beat the F-35 is if Boeing takes a big hit on them. And I don't see them willing to do that.

edit on 4/8/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join