It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing multicolored squirrels caught on camera in India

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I thought this was an internet troll/a joke at first, until I realized it's well past April fools day lol.
Title from news article:

Amazing giant multicolored squirrels caught on camera, becomes internet sensation

It looks like Bullwinkle forgot to tell Rocky to go easy with the crayons.

A photographer from India has captured several incredible images of the Malabar giant squirrel that have gone viral after being posted to social media.

News Link

The Malabar giant squirrel can grow up to 36 inches from head to tail and jump 20 feet in the air, flying from tree to tree. By comparison, the most commonly found squirrel in the U.S., the eastern gray squirrel, is approximately 20 inches from head to tail and can weigh between 14 and 21 ounces.

The amateur photographer, who works in finance in Saudi Arabia, said he was astonished by the appearance of the multi-colored squirrel, as were his friends. "It was when I shared some of the photographs on social media many of my friends and followers came to know about the Malabar Giant Squirrel and they were all amazed by its appearance," he said.

"Up until that point I had never heard about a squirrel like that or seen one," he added.

I freakin love this earth and all of its beauty.
Makes me saddened that our species is destroying it, though.

Also a little extra, here's a YouTube clip of the little bugger and some of its facts and features.

edit on 4/3/2019 by LtFluffyCakes96 because: Attempted fix of YouTube video

Edit: I'm not sure how to get the video to work?
edit on 4/3/2019 by LtFluffyCakes96 because: .

www.youtube.com...
edit on Wed Apr 3 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix vid link

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This missed April 1st.

Cute

edit on 3-4-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LtFluffyCakes96

Nope. Squirrels are terrifying. I lived once in an apartment complex that was set deep in a tree-y area, and every day I had to face down the squirrels on the way to my car. They didn't like people walking on the sidewalk ((the squirrels didn't like it). I usually caved first and walked around him in the dirt/mud.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
WoW! Just look at that vibrant creature! I have heard of them but never knew they were colored like that.
Amazing! Are some of the tree canopies they live in that deep reddish purple hue?

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
a reply to: LtFluffyCakes96

Nope. Squirrels are terrifying. I lived once in an apartment complex that was set deep in a tree-y area, and every day I had to face down the squirrels on the way to my car. They didn't like people walking on the sidewalk ((the squirrels didn't like it). I usually caved first and walked around him in the dirt/mud.

We've got quite a few in our area, most of them like to hang out in our yard. One of them is one big, fat mama, we call her Diva for good reason -- the attitude fits the moniker given. At first glance, most people assume she's a bold one not to be trifled with, but once you make it known she's on your territory (deck, yard, etc) and don't flinch at her chest-puffing, she shrinks back and slinks away. I highly doubt she'd ever cause trouble with the humans, she just thinks she's a tough s# that really isn't. That's pretty much my experience with "tough" squirrels, they rarely ever are.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
They look like my niece with her died hair. I wonder how many nuts they have to pay at the squirrel salon to get that dye job done. My niece would probably pay a fifty pound bag of nuts to get hers dyed at that squirrel salon they use.

top topics

join