It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cystic Fibrosis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I found some new information on cystic Fibrosis research today. It talks about the Mucus causing the damage.

medicalxpress.com...

Now, if it is the thick mucus that causes the damage, I would think a proteinase like Bromelain or some specific foods containing proteinases without chemistry that would block Histaminase might help with this. Pineapple has both bromelain and a terpine that destroys the DAO enzyme, so it might not be as effective as the Bromelain supplement. I take bromelain when I get thick mucus and it thins it out pretty quickly. Destroying the DAO would actually raise histamine levels so it could actually boost the immune response which might do more bad than good in some cases. Tomatoes and avacados actually have this chemistry that messes up DAO and raises histimine levels. Raw onions have proteinases and I do not think that they would destroy the DAO enzyme. I think that grapefruit may destroy DAO though, even though it has good proteinase activity.

I am sure that this information will be used to design an expensive drug and not even consider bromelain. The bacteria infection that starts the Mucus could be destroyed by proteinases like bromelain also

Maybe some of you with experience on controlling mucus could chime in and add some possible other solutions. It is not only cystic Fibrosis patients that this might help, it may be everyday people who have gotten lots of thick mucus regularly that might benefit by this knowledge.

Hopefully someone posts things they know that I can learn from in this thread, and we may be able to decipher what the actual reason why some of the old time simple wives tale treatments work to control congestion. Often when people have lots of mucus, their platelets are charged and stick together. This is because the blood thinks there is a pathogen in the body, which is sometimes the case. Some veggies actually lower this charge without being proteinases, the coumarins in some veggies and fruits can help with this sometimes to keep the blood flowing correctly.

Hopefully some of the words I am using do not confuse people, I deal with these names all the time but most people don't

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Are you a patient, or someone you know?
My wife is a respiratory therapist at a children’s hospital and deals with this pretty much everyday. She is a psycho when it comes to her trade, and she does an incredible job.
I’ll run it by her tonight and see what she’s heard about this eh?

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I am a carrier for cystic fibrosis.

Look up Chinese cold wind. The Eastern form of medicine is very different.
Cystic Fibrosis is rarely seen in Asian population, or is it that is treated differently?

When I grew up my mother would go nuts if we were not wearing socks. I was always told keep your feet warm and your head cool. Completely opposite here, everyone has a hat, but a lot of people go barefoot for most of the year (other than winter) Everything was about energy.

I think after genetics, diet plays a huge role. Ginger, peppers and garlic are often used and help when mucus is thick. It is eaten regularly in Asian cuisine.
Also they do not drink cold drinks and many do not drink with meals. They might have soup, but not a big ol' glass of soda or ice tea. There is another huge thing that is missing from their diet. Dairy. I really believe a lot of mucus issues come from overconsumption of dairy.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

You talk about not drinking with meals. Have you ever heard about dumping syndrome? This condition is not just found in people with tummy tying, it is also found in everyone to a certain extent. If you drink during a meal, it can wash stuff into the small intestine that is not digested properly. This can lead to excessive insulin release with sugar foods which can cause a sugar crash between half an hour to an hour and a half later, that can lead to Orthostatic hypotension because muscles excrete a nitrogen histamine like chemical to stimulate the dialation of the blood vessels and Blood pressure drops quickly, so people get dizzy when they stand.

Here is one link, I have done a lot of research on this subject. I have even discussed this with my doctor because I do have reactive hypoglycemia and orthostatic hypotension. www.badgut.org...

No light headedness since I quit drinking at meal time now. I do get thirsty about a half hour later. Strange thing is I usually never drank anything with my meal and didn't have much problems before, but I listened to others telling me I have to drink with my meal.

edit on 3-4-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I never knew the technical name, but I did hear about what would happen.
A lot of Americans do not have enough stomach acid. That is why there are so many medicines for those kinds
of disorders, acid reflux, heartburn, gerd, etc. If people would just make some slight changes to what they eat and how they eat and drink it could probably be easily cured.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I'd look into mycotoxins. and especially certain viruses that seem to combine with pathogenic fungi as well as P. aeruginosa.

www.facebook.com...

Garlic/onion is useful in the disruption of quorum sensing.

edit on 3-4-2019 by ginseng23 because: (no reason given)

CF is difficult to treat due to the biofilm. You are on to something with the bromelain, as IIRC it helps take apart biofilms.
Macelignan is something I'd personally want to develop into a combination therapy to take out the biofilm and then delivery a broad spectrum antimicrobial.

edit on 3-4-2019 by ginseng23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Have you considered allergy testing and shots? I could take 10 benadryl and a few puffs on an albuterol inhaler; Neither would help my reaction to cats and dust mites. Only a month after i started allergy shots several things happened. My sinuses were not chronically painful and congested. I could breathe more clearly, relieving that feeling like i was suffocating. No longer have that "smokers cough" despite not being a smoker in the first place. My gerd/acid reflux went away.

ETA: i know we are talking about CF but was just suggesting other causes for some of the symptoms which you may be able to control.
edit on 3-4-2019 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2019 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ginseng23
I'd look into mycotoxins. and especially certain viruses that seem to combine with pathogenic fungi as well as P. aeruginosa.

www.facebook.com...

Garlic/onion is useful in the disruption of quorum sensing.

CF is difficult to treat due to the biofilm. You are on to something with the bromelain, as IIRC it helps take apart biofilms.
Macelignan is something I'd personally want to develop into a combination therapy to take out the biofilm and then delivery a broad spectrum antimicrobial.

That was a good article you linked. I usually don't see articles like that on Facebook. Proteases can break down the slime of lots of organisms and the slime that protects cancer. The slime on cancer cells can trick the immune system into not attacking it. If I drink milk or have ice cream, the next day I get sticky mucus and a headache, but a slice of fresh pineapple will get rid of that stubborn headache when nothing I can buy anymore otc can touch it. I read how bromelain actually gets quickly absorbed on an empty stomach (systematic) and can go into the blood and stop the agglutination that occurs if you have an allergy to something. It can disrupt the troublesome milk proteins and disolve them if you do not have enough enzyme or a flawed enzyme. So, it fixes the problem, it isn't just treating the symptom. Milk can actually stimulate mucus production if it's proteins sneak through the gut. Albumin in the milk actually increases the permeability of the gut by dialating the receptors which is like opening up the valve on a drain more, bigger things can get through. Egg white does the same thing, so does the meat juice of rare meat. Actually by pasteurizing the milk it is supposed to lessen the effect, but the natural protease in cows milk is destroyed by heat so it is often better raw for some people.

I think that bromelain and papain are cysteine cleavers or something like that. I can't remember off hand but I think that is one of their main actions. Bromelain actually is a complex made up of multiple different protease chemistries.

My dad taught me something when I was young, if you feel you are coming down with something, have an onion and garlic sandwich with miracle whip and a little salt and pepper on toast. I have used that many times and it has never failed me. Just get it right away, we always have fresh garlic in the house and that is the reason why it is always in stock. I mentioned this to my daughter, actually reminded her since she was a teenager when I told her about it before, and of course she blew me off. She tried it and it worked, she told her coworkers, one tried it yesterday and she got better within minutes. Of course, my daughters husband hates miracle whip so she asked if Hellmans would work....My answer was how the hell would I know, I never tried it. Miracle whip has more vinegar in it I think. If she wants to experiment go for it, we always have miracle whip in our house. In fact, we must have ten bottles in stock in our pantry, it was only ninety nine cents with the coupons last fall, It goes cheap about twice a year so we stock up.

Quercetin also can help lung illnesses and so can n-acetyl cysteine some times. Some bronchial sprays contain the NAC. It is an active ingredient. Quercetin is found in therapeutic doses in the stronger yellow onions and is concentrated in the skin and both ends, you know, the parts most people cut off and toss away. Quercetin is also heat stable which is a plus. It's action is different than a proteinase though.

It sounds like you know a little about this stuff too.

There are some food chemistries that can break down mycotoxins, the one I use is caffeic acid in my coffee, it is effective against H-pilori and some of the E-coli strains. and more.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

For mucus congestion, I've had success gargling with baking soda & salt dissolved in warm water.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

Have you considered allergy testing and shots? I could take 10 benadryl and a few puffs on an albuterol inhaler; Neither would help my reaction to cats and dust mites. Only a month after i started allergy shots several things happened. My sinuses were not chronically painful and congested. I could breathe more clearly, relieving that feeling like i was suffocating. No longer have that "smokers couch" despite not being a smoker in the first place. My gerd/acid reflux went away.

ETA: i know we are talking about CF but was just suggesting other causes for some of the symptoms which you may be able to control.

Allergy testing does not always pick up metabolic intolerances. I identified that eating pickles with alum in them can make allergies worse, alum and other aluminum chemistries are found in other foods though. In the cheaper fast melting cheeses you may find alum and also in the cheaper baking powders, which are used in many prepared foods. Aluminum is a neuro excitant so it speeds up reactions. You can taste the difference in pickles with alum in them. Alum is considered GRAS and if there is less than two percent by weight it doesn't have to be listed. It has to be listed between two and five percent in foods, but some companies list them if there is any alum at all, in the less than two percent heading. We have learned to taste it in food. My grandaughter had lots of visits to the ER because of her asthma, now she hasn't gone anymore since she eliminated the foods. I discovered that was a problem before she left here, she lived with us for a few years. When she got married she knew to avoid pickles with alum, she loves pickles and was consuming way too much.

Metabolic syndrome or intolerances are very necessary to identify. The little aluminum in a vaccine stimulates the immune system, just think how a hundred times more in five small baby dills will trigger the immune system to overreact.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

For mucus congestion, I've had success gargling with baking soda & salt dissolved in warm water.

That is the best remedy I have found for a sore throat. Both salt and baking soda are antimicrobial and also salt is an antihistamine and baking soda has some antiinflamatory properties. I learned that combination from a seventy five year old friend. Then I researched it in scientific research to see how it works. I passed on that knowledge to my daughters and they passed it on to their friends. That is not an old wives tale, it is real medical science.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Wow!

I also read something about multiple attack vectors being more effective than current efforts (sorry, headline somewhere like phys.org or sciencedaily).

I am sorry but didn’t read the article.

CF affects a lot of people and thank you for posting!

I think we are on the verge of solving a bunch of these health problems in the near future. And don’t worry about the technical words... some of us “get it”.

Hope whoever you are worried about can benefit from this discovery!

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

That is kind of the point of immunotherapy. It helps to train your immune system so it does not overreact to the allergen. I agree with maintaining a healthy diet which is also something that needs to be tailored to the individual. There is no silver bullet that works for everyone unfortunately.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Wow!

I also read something about multiple attack vectors being more effective than current efforts (sorry, headline somewhere like phys.org or sciencedaily).

I am sorry but didn’t read the article.

CF affects a lot of people and thank you for posting!

I think we are on the verge of solving a bunch of these health problems in the near future. And don’t worry about the technical words... some of us “get it”.

Hope whoever you are worried about can benefit from this discovery!

Deficiencies can cause problems with diseases, including genetic diseases. Also, we evolved with our foods, we are what our ancestors ate epigenetically. Those junk DNA snps are not junk. We all metabolize things differently and if we try eating the food we cannot metabolize correctly, we can get chronic diseases which can lead to some bad health effects.

Now, the discoveries that Pharma companies are finding treat symptoms usually, the fix us up by adjusting enzymes either up or down many times. The thing is we have strayed from listening to our ancestors, parents taught the kids but kids cheated and this has been going on and getting more off over the last four or five generations leading to improper gene expression and chronic illnesses and metabolic diseases. Our food has also changed, a potato is not the same as a potato in the fifties and sixties, neither is corn or many grains. Neither are the cucumbers and other veggies. Also the soils have been overtaxed and they contain less minerals so the crops cannot absorb what is not there.

We have switched to about a third organic now. The thing is when I grew up in the sixties, the food was much better, many farmers back then did not use much pesticides, so half the food in the stores wasn't nearly as bad. The cows were fed real foods and steroids were not used, they did not eat hardly any soy either. Even in the stockyards they fed the cows lots of hay in the lines, now it is mostly soy and corn, I don't see pictures of hay in most of the images of the stockyards anymore. Some may still do that, but how do you tell where your beef comes from.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Whoaaa it can even grow on onion. We will have to make a list of the somewhat more rare pathogens that are almost always only found in patients with CF, and find a common metabolic or chemical profile that these pathogens have in common.

I think then we can find if they are symbiotes or more able to thrive via horizontal gene transfer.

Then a broad spectrum treatment can be created, or, probably, a treatment similar to how the Israelis had to tailor make their cancer treatments with elements of personalized medicine can be developed.

Like with cancer, there can be many types of carcinogens that will lead to the same type of cancer. There may be different types of pathogens whose end results are the symptoms of CF.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ginseng23

Some bacteria. fungus, and molds can grow on onions. These type of microbes usually are not that much of a harm to humans though. I have seen many onions that have rotted over the years, some have a black mold or bacteria, others have a slimy one. It makes the onion taste a little bad when they get rotted, you can't salvage half of it usually, it will distort the taste of what you are making. The micotoxins have a bad taste.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

It seems that this info is not just related to CF. There are many types of fibrosis diseases that this may help.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 03:57 AM
link   

How do you actually eat the sandwich tho? I mean, wow, that sounds "flavorful". Do you any particular type of onion, roast the garlic or anything?

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

How do you actually eat the sandwich tho? I mean, wow, that sounds "flavorful". Do you any particular type of onion, roast the garlic or anything?

I use yellow sweet onions. They have better medicinal qualities than the white onions. The red onions have some of the chemistry, but also contain cyanide in the form of one of the isothiocyanates. Now the thio sulfate in the yellow onions works better because it combines with the cyanide in the body to make isothiocyanates, effectively detoxing any cyanides that form from metabolic or digestive processes. The red onions detox less cyanide, so they are not as potent in that matter. Thiols work quickly in the body. Too much isothiocyanates is not good either, especially if they are not taking out the metabolic cyanides and are peed out.

Mustard has isothiocyanates in it, it is actually pretty potent. It does help take away leg cramping in the calf, but the right way to fix that is more magnesium to balance the calcium channels. Sometimes a lack of calcium can cause calf pain, but low calcium usually has a pulsing muscle spasm.

So finally chop any onion and a clove or two of fresh garlic, do not crush the garlic though, doing that alters the properties too much. Allinin turns to Allisin or something like that when you crush it, both chemicals have different properties in the body, both actually metabolize to the same chemistry in the end, but the chemical reactions are a little different in the body, one uses an extra enzyme or two which has intermediate metabolites that can be beneficial some time. I never crush garlic unless I want flavor for garlic bread. Crushed garlic might be faster acting for arsenic poisoning though. Using it when eating rice or asparagus which might contain some arsenic might be more beneficial.

So, some finely chopped onion and garlic on toast with miracle whip or mayo, and sprinkle a tad bit of salt and pepper on it. Pepper has some great antiviral properties too. Then make it into a sandwich.

Onion also contains some proteinases that can kill viruses and microbes, that is independent of the thiol action.

If you are into biking and running, the isothiocyanates in red onions might help with cramps more than the plain thiosulfates in onions. Or just maybe eat a quarter teaspoon of mustard, we use the plochman's mustard. The Turmeric in mustard also helps muscle cramps.

edit on 27-4-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Thanks so much, rickymouse.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join