It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

first MQ-25 delivered

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

so it looks like the first MQ-25 got delivered and seem to be on track.

not really to much else to add but they sure got it out there in a reasonable amount of time.

there are a few videos embedded in the link.

boeing link

i saw an interview with some pilots in the US military regarding the reliance more and more on drones and that it is getting hard to find people to train on them apparently. From a very very early age i loved the idea of me being a military aviator, the idea of flying some really amazing aircraft was very alluring. i can see where potential up and coming recruits wanting to fly the aircraft themselves opposed to sitting in a room on the ground.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

uhm i dont see anything about delivery on their site?
EMD will be this year i think

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

"... deliver ON..."

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Highlights so far.
Highlight video

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

twitter.com...

zap: so they didn't deliver the first one? or are they just saying thanks for working with us?
edit on 7-4-2019 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
They just got their EMD contract this summer. They'll probably have their first test article/first flight this summer or fall. Long way to OTE yet. I haven't even heard anything on CDR. Probably four or five years away from IOC fleet operations if every thing goes well.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Just thanking everyone for working on it.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
www.thedrive.com...

Shipped yesterday to MidAmerican for the START of flight testing the demonstrator.

First 4 EMD aircraft not due until 2021.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

So they are still putting the line together. Probably haven't even cut metal with that timeline.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Yup. Definitely not delivered.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
First flight was today at MidAmerica Airport.

www.navair.navy.mil...
edit on 9/19/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

This is the three- or whatever-year old airframe they rolled out at the announcement, right? Not an EMD bird, or the earlier timelines are suspect.

I'm still skeptical that they had this laying around for a couple of years and just never got around to flying it, too.

But either way, it's good news for Boeing, who needs some.

Fake edit: Yes, it's just the rollout airframe.

“Today’s flight is an exciting and significant milestone for our program and the Navy,” said Capt. Chad Reed, he Navy’s Unmanned Carrier Aviation (PMA-268) program manager. “The flight of this test asset two years before our first MQ-25 arrives represents the first big step in a series of early learning opportunities that are helping us progress toward delivery of a game-changing capability for the carrier air wing and strike group commanders.”

Navy.mil

Still good news for Boeing.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
You know what would be good with a drone like this, the pilot goes “pre contact” and puts on autopilot, the drone then adjusts itself autonomously to keep the basket in the probe.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Probably easier to implement the other way around, but I think that's in the cards.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Yeah good point, forgot about turbulence and stuff the refueller cannot change!

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Push comes to shove they have never directly stated that they removed the UCLASS capability and while its not going to be as stealthy as an all wing full of fuel it would make an interesting weapon........... Drone fuel air explosive anybody?

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

We'll have to see what the final product looks like. Retaining capability for a weapons bay and simply filling it with an internal tank makes good sense for growth potential. But if they are only making a dozen and the Navy has no firm plan, then maybe you just optimize for the tanking role, and simply reach requirement thresholds for everything else.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
www.thedrive.com...

NGA might be interested in the MQ-25 as a recon bird.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join