It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bump stock ban subversion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

This is the dumbest ban I've seen yet, and the fact it came from Trump as a form of appeasement is all the more disappointing

Fortunately, this has zero impact on how I vote because bump stocks serve no tactical value unless you consider dumping a lot non-precisely aimed rounds toward someone an advantage (I personally do not)

Nevertheless, it is very easy to do using the "rubber band machine gun" and I encourage folks to learn this easy to use technique in case they decide this could be of some use

...and just to tick off the anti's

Ain't a gun law yet we can't subvert with $20 and some good old fashioned American ingenuity
edit on 3/28/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

You just gave em an excuse to bitch and moan louder for MORE!
We all knew that but they thought they had a WIN.
Damn man, sometimes it's best not to rub your adversaries face in it when the joke is already on them??

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
There are about 5-7 ways to make an AR, AK, FN's and many other rifles fire at full auto or even faster if you have a light trigger. Heck, you can even do with with a normal glock pistol or glock with a shoulder stock. One of the best ways can be done for about $2-3 if you have the right kind of adjustable stock for an AR.

Democrats just want to piss of conservatives and criminalize as many as possible while they look like they are being tough on crime (when they are the most lienent). It's sick.

Well if it ever comes time for war, there's going to be a LOT of people who know how to make sine interesting things.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Why? There are a hundred little "tricks" like that

And let them start whining for more. It will only accelerate the inevitable growing intolerable suffrage to the point something meaningful is done about it

The M-16 was designed from Stoner's AR-15 not the other way around.
Reverse engineering these readily available diagrams is fairly simple, and would allow rapid exploitation of this design in case of X

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Well if it ever comes time for war, there's going to be a LOT of people who know how to make sine interesting things.

Yes, and letting them keep up their BS will accelerate this

Liberty and justice itself will thank us, just as we thank Washington, Jefferson, Adams and our forefathers today

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

Not to mention lots of goodies will be just lying around amongst the bodies.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Can't watch videos with work phone, but the still shot on that you tube insert looks like he's destined for a suprise sex change operation.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Can't watch videos with work phone, but the still shot on that you tube insert looks like he's destined for a suprise sex change operation.

Bravo

Never been a fan of the 12'oclock carry position

I am more of a 3:00 in a hip holster under a coat kind of guy, or ~5:00 during summer my shirts hide them better

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Bet it's more about rate of fire ban vs bumpstock.

Next rate of fire ban will be semi auto.

Edit added... as to your op, good job showing them why they need to ban semi.

edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Play stupid games...

The control-tards think they can legislate a free people out of existence.

The more they jack with the rules, the more they teach us contempt for the rules.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Play stupid games...

The more they jack with the rules, the more they teach us contempt for the rules.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
All in all, we can think of ourselves as intelligent gun owners. We all have the best of intentions for our weapons. We clean them and care for them and use them wisely. We use them for fun on target shoots and use them for hunting and other ''safe'' recreational occasions. We are smart gun owners. Of course we all know these little things that can augment our arms.
As well, we do want to be able to protect ourselves and our loved ones.

However, not all gun owners are as smart as us. Some are down right stupid. Some are not as ''well intention ed'' as are we.
Some are ill-intention ed and stupid at the same time. This bumpstock ban is to hopefully take away that ''special'' ability from those stupid and ill intention ed dolts.

So let those who think that this ban is a win. Let them have it. It in no way effects us intelligent gun owners and it only seems to be a step down the slippery slope to those paranoid enough to believe it.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Graysen
Play stupid games...

And the more they selectively ignore the rules they impose on us under threat of imprisonment/death steadies our resolve and clarifies our direction

It is a shame to see our precious justice in shambles. These corrupt puppet animals have turned our shining star into a farce. An unqualified farce

I will never forgive them for that. Once legitimacy is lost it is lost for good. Are we just supposed to take their word all of a sudden that our laws are being applied equally? I don't think so, not with how many opportunist liars there are out there. They just don't get... they have absolutely no credibility left whatsoever.

Our DOI clearly states "Derives their just powers by consent of the governed" well who in their right mind would consent to anything at this point?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I'd like to see them try to enforce any such ban

Our second amendment isn't up for debate, discussion or subversion

All the laws in the world won't change the fact we already have these weapons nor how easily they can be made. Patriots will continue doing so regardless. Much like our people did when they had to tear up British law.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

We don't need to take any such ability away from anybody. That is why we have armed citizens.

It is also why we have laws - to punish wrong-doers after an actual crime has been committed. None of this thought-crime pre-crime bull# that Constitution hating pansies use to justify infringing on the rights of free Citizens over the actions of a handful of bad actors

I am only concerned with my Constitution and my gun rights. Any other concern is a very distant second. Very easy to understand for them

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I am only concerned with my Constitution and my gun rights. Any other concern is a very distant second. Very easy to understand for them

When your concerns are only for your self , as you state so clearly, this is understandable.However

It is also why we have laws - to punish wrong-doers after an actual crime has been committed. None of this thought-crime pre-crime bull# that Constitution hating pansies use to justify infringing on the rights of free Citizens over the actions of a handful of bad actors

Your definition of ''why we have laws is extremely limited. We also have laws to prevent crime, weak as they are. Calling attempts to create laws to prevent crime as ''thought crime'' is over bloated defensiveness. Calling those who can see that the creating a society that is safe for all ''Constituion hating pansies'' only serves to mark you yourself as one society needs to protect itself from.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Trump has never been a 2A purist.

In The America We Deserve, he blatantly states that he agreed with the AWB.

Its too bad that this is not a deal breaker for you because the 2A is the most important of the Amendments.

It helps to guarantee all of other freedoms and there can be no compromise, most importantly because they dont ban firearms at once, they continually chip away at our rights which is exactly what Trump did.

And they way he did it, via EO not thru passing of a law, setting a very unconstitutional precedent. The same thing he's doing now by declaring a state of emergency to try and circumvent Congress' control of funds.

EVEN Obama, who was an open gun grabber, ruled that the bumpstock did not violate the NFA/GCA...

We cant trust the Demlicans.

We cant trust the Republicrats.

Who can we trust? I mean, besides the Libertarians.

We CANNOT give him a 2nd term. He needs t be defeated in the primaries. Theres no telling what hes going to do and he'll do it without consequence, theres no 3rd term...

Rand Paul 2020.

edit on 28-3-2019 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The ban has NOTHING to do with bump stocks. NOBODY cares about bump stocks.

The ban is about setting a precedent. Which has ominous implications for futures laws.

This is the same reasoning for banning Alex Jones.

Precedent.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousCitizen
The ban has NOTHING to do with bump stocks. NOBODY cares about bump stocks.

The ban is about setting a precedent. Which has ominous implications for futures laws.

This is the same reasoning for banning Alex Jones.

Precedent.

Very true. If this is allowed to stand, a president could very easily sign an order saying semi autos are banned.

And the next democrat pres likely will.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Gun owners of america is actively fighting this order in court. Not allowed to solicit on ATS, but ive recently become a member. They need funding to battle in court.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join