It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handcuffed and drugged: Truth behind Thai cave rescue

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

“To calm nerves, the parents were told the boys were being taught how to dive and the media reported that each of them would be tethered to an air hose and then swim out with one rescue diver in front and another behind,” Cochrane writes in his book.

“This was untrue.”

Those who’d been inside the flooded tunnels, Cochrane went on, knew there was no chance a child with no diving experience could make it through the treacherous obstacle course.

“The only hope was to sedate them, put oxygen-fed masks with silicone seals over their faces and let the expert cave divers carry them out.

Handcuffed and drugged: Truth behind Thai cave rescue

And they were handcuffed behind their backs to prevent them from ripping off their oxygen masks while unconscious

This article was from Jan 15th but I didnt have time to post it and havent seen it mentioned here since.

I found it interesting for the obvious reasons but also because of the comments Elon Musk made accusing the main diver guy (who also happens to have harshly criticized Musk's plan to use his submersibles somehow in the cave rescue) of being a pedophile.

Did Musk, through his hypothetical connections, find out this truth about the rescue and jumped to conclusions that sexual abuse must've been involved since you know, kids + drugs + handcuffs + nobody else around = suspicious? Or, did he have more of a reason? Or he really just wants to hate this guy for pooping on his submersible sub drone idea?

Apparently the guy said the sub drones were too long to be able to maneuver around the corners.

But, I'm not really clear as of now what the plan was so you're gonna have to give me a minute, I just wanted to get this posted cause I'm trying to clear tabs, I can only have 50 open at a time and it slows things down when you get that high. I used to be able to go to 100 and beyond even, but it got out of control so I prefer this browser which limits me.

Even without the Musk Tweet aspect to the story, it's still very interesting. The parents were told one thing, and another happened.

Adults were able to be alone with these drugged handcuffed boys. The coach and other boys were in the cave, the paramedics and stuff were waiting outside, but what about the journey out? They were all alone and could have potentially stopped somewhere along the way, somewhere out of the water, and done anything and the boys wouldn't even remember it probably.

They were given ketamine, I've only seen it on the show Intervention or some other drug show. It's a horse tranquilizer I think? From the way the user described the drug, it disconnects your mind from your physical body, and "you" go into what is called a "H-Hole".

They talk about wanting to disappear into the K-Hole for a while and basically it's like an escape from all sensory stimulus?

I think the parents at the very least should have been made aware of this. I understand if there was no other choice but lying to the parents was not necessary. They had a choice there.

+29 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Sorry are you joking?

It was so dangerous an expert diver died trying to save them but somehow in the middle of this a crack team of paedo divers got sexually aroused and took advantage of sedated children with barely enough oxygen to get out?

Oh this is too funny.

What is this, Extreem Paedophilia? In the next show, sedated boys are taken to camp 3 on Everest?

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

“To calm nerves, the parents were told the boys were being taught how to dive and the media reported that each of them would be tethered to an air hose and then swim out with one rescue diver in front and another behind,” Cochrane writes in his book.

2 points...

First, they took those actions to protect the boys on the way out. I am fine with that.

Second, man, why look for something negative?
edit on Sun Mar 24 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote Trim Those Quotes

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Vernon Unsworth was the chap that Musk accused of being a Peado.

Unsworth was there to give his knowledge on the cave complex.

Unsworth WAS NOT one of the divers that bought the boys out.

At least get your facts correct.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Let's be honest. The only thing that matters is that all the boys made it out alive and well. The diver that lost his life trying is a hero.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Extreem Paedophilia?

I cant for the life of me think how this would even be entertained, what with the whole world watching the rescue closely?

It just doesn't even make sense.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
Adults were able to be alone with these drugged handcuffed boys. The coach and other boys were in the cave, the paramedics and stuff were waiting outside, but what about the journey out? They were all alone and could have potentially stopped somewhere along the way, somewhere out of the water, and done anything and the boys wouldn't even remember it probably.

Huh? Where did you pull this out of and for what reason? You just made it up. Why?

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It actually makes sense.

Last thing you'd want would be for an inexperienced diver to panic and jeopardize their lives and the live of the diver leading them out.

I'm sure it wasn't against their will, but who wouldn't take the option of doing that or just staying in the cave and left to perish.

Parents could have been informed beforehand, but they were no doubt emotional and would make decisions or react emotionally and not logically. Logically, this was probably the best way to ensure the highest level of safety and extrapolation for the victims.

Now, with that out of the way.

I was totally down with musks idea. He would have strolled up in that biotch, dropped a sick ass sub in there and stood there with a FPV helmet on running the controls giving a blow by blow commentary on the shore. That sub would have swooped in, scooped them all up and did some sick barrel rolls and then jumped out of the water when free of the cave. While all the boys would be sitting on it smiling and waving to the cameras.

Seriously, that guy can be such a moron sometimes.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
To be fair, Musk's idea did seem a bit harebrained. I mean, I'm sure if he had more time he could have probably done something that would be a better idea but honestly? I think if he wasn't Elon Musk people would have ripped him apart for the way he behaved.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It’s a sad reality but abuse of children is really common in Thailand. You wouldn’t have to do it during a high profile cave rescure in a air pocket under ground. That would be probably the hardest way to be a pedo in Thailand.

Highly unlike imo.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Ever rescued someone who is drowning ?
I think not , or else this thread would not have been.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   
When the rescue was happening, it mentioned that the boys were partially sedated and were restrained as they pulled them through.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
OP, your theorizing about divers taking a time out from an incredibly dangerous, complex and arduous recue dive in a flooded cave to get some quick pedo action on the down-low is one of the worst suggestions I've ever heard. About anything. Ever.

You clearly haven't recognized how enormously dangerous that entire rescue operation was. You remember that an experienced rescue diver died while preparing the underwater exit route?? That's how dangerous it was.

The ONLY option they had to get those boys out alive was to drug them. Had they been conscious, they would have panicked and caused their death along with their rescue diver. What the divers managed to pull off is a miracle.

Elon Musk got his feelings hurt. That's a MUCH more likely scenario for why he accused the diver of being a pedophile.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Wait...WHAT????

Did I just read that someone has a theory that some of the most elite cave divers on planet Earth, during one of the most difficult and dangerous diving rescue attempts ever undertaken, had time to play "hide the weeny" with a bunch of young boys, five miles inside a pitch black flooded cave with limited oxygen, no food or water and virtually no hope of survival????

Did I really just read that???

I didn't just read that, did I???

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I think we need an ATS award:

Completely Outrageous Conspiracy Of The Year - 2019

The COCOTY award nominations can be PM'd to me throughout the year with a link.

In November a poll of what I consider to be the top 10 candidates will be posted for all to vote on, the results of which can only be seen by me. Voting will close on December 30th.

The winner will be announced on December 31st at 2100 Australian Eastern Daylight Time in a gala thread with red carpet and free drinks for all.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you our first ever COCOTY nomination....

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

Sorry are you joking?

It was so dangerous an expert diver died trying to save them but somehow in the middle of this a crack team of paedo divers got sexually aroused and took advantage of sedated children with barely enough oxygen to get out?

Oh this is too funny.

What is this, Extreem Paedophilia? In the next show, sedated boys are taken to camp 3 on Everest?

Laughing like an idiot at my work desk now, th

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

As a person who has rescued over 40 drowning people. Some of them do thrash around very violently. However most of them go very passive as soon as you grab them. The problem is about 1 in 10 will continue to fight you to ensure that they stay above the surface, and I can certainly see sedating them heavily in this instance being the best bet so no risk is taken as there is no "surface" to go towards for an extended period of time.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
I think we need an ATS award:

Completely Outrageous Conspiracy Of The Year - 2019

The COCOTY award nominations can be PM'd to me throughout the year with a link.

In November a poll of what I consider to be the top 10 candidates will be posted for all to vote on, the results of which can only be seen by me. Voting will close on December 30th.

The winner will be announced on December 31st at 2100 Australian Eastern Daylight Time in a gala thread with red carpet and free drinks for all.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you our first ever COCOTY nomination....

I'll be there. Can we have other nominations like, "Biggest Head."

"Most one liners that mean absolutely nothing"

"Everybody loves me, just ask me"

"I hate shills but I am one."

Etc Etc. Could make up a thread about his. lol.

bawly

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   

You think the rescuers, drugged, and handcuffed the poor wee souls for nefarious purposes, instead of there own safety, and then somehow stopped halfway along the way out of a dangerous cave system to beast the kids???

They were cave divers ffs not these guys.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   
There is no time ever that we will not be over-vigilant in protecting children....I don't want Pedos anywhere near anyones children even if the parents are stupid enough to give permission....I don't care how many Boy Scout Badges or Diving Badges they have …..Jaques Cousteau can kiss my hiney in this dynamic if he has a bad rap sheet.... official or not.

This was a Life and death situation and there were MANY qualified people available to help and massive resources made available.

An unreasonable decision was made to go about the rescue in a less than optimal way...when one investigates why....well we find peripheral evidence of a Pedo being involved directly....do you GET THAT.....something was ODD about the decisions being made and upon further investigations this relevant data about a Pedos involvement came to light....IMHO this was not FLUKE...we weren't paying closer attention for nothing we were looking closer because poor decisions were made and we needed to know why...the molester was discovered collaterally.....and its a darn good thing.

Everyone knows the Pedos stick together and work in Groups helping each other function in society hiding their dirty little secrets and where you find one you ALWAYS find another or a direct supportive connection to another.

It is no coincidence that trouble was spotted then a criminal was discovered ...that's always how it works.

Elon has a bigger fish to fry.....all he has to do is PM me here and he will have a new hobby.....one that will help all of humanity on a grassroots level.

I want Elon to help kids from all over the world see Space and the Stars in ways that will change their lives forever......this is a LEGACY PROJECT for Elon and it truly IMHO represents his personal vision and hopes for Humanity and the World.

Everyone works and dreams and tries HARDER when they can SEE THE PRIZE.

Mars doesn't work until the groundwork is put in down here....and it has not been put in yet....the FOUNDATION IS NOT BUILT YET WITHIN THE DREAMS OF THE RIGHT PEOPLE YET.....Elon pay heed to me Son...........the real currency of the Human Being is to be found within their dreams for this is what drives and carries the species forward.
edit on 25-3-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join