It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Think It's Possible,The Universe Is Only 6000 Years Old

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
So what do you think is it possible the Universe, created by GOD, only 6000 years ago. That's stupid right, what bout all those dinosaur bones, and the carbon 14 dating of everything. Right. If you take those colleges, universities down in the bible belt they will, tell the dinosaurs, everything only 6000 years old, at least some say this.
I myself don't believe in some old guy with a long white beard that created the Universe, 6000 years ago or 14 billion . I do believe in a Creator though, The One. That's kind of a easy one. The One stood in the Nothing and said I AM.

Ok, though, what about the 6000 years, since the beginning of creation, I think it is entirely possible. You might say wow , how could this guy be so Stupid, this is almost as bad as the flat earthers, no offence. Well I don't know if anyone has ever brought this up, for a topic but anyhow.

What about this, they say it is beginning to look like, this the Universe is just a Hologram, a simulation. Well if this is true, then the Universe could really be only 6000 years old, because that is when the program was initiated, all information prior to 6000 years, would just be data loaded into the program, before it was turned on. It would be just like a game, only thing in a game you don't need all the history, and this is even more like real virtual reality, isn't it. It had to be made more like everything was more real, and serious, or no one would believe it, and would not worry about getting croaked like in that Tom Cruse Si-Fi, where he was in the future as a bug killer and he kept getting killed.

Well that's about all I have right this moment, I just remembered one other thing that makes it seem like, this is just a simulation, I don't know if any of yous have noticed this, but how things repeat. It's almost like there is not enough memory, so things repeat, ever notice when something that has never happened will start to come in clusters. I have noticed this a lot myself, it cracks me up. Reminds me of Rick and Morty, when the aliens , get Rick, and he over loads the computer memory. It's strange though, the repeating thing.

Another is that, "the greatest secret thing" that has some strange correlation, attached to it also, like if you know how, to want something bad enough, it just happens, I know this is kind of different subject, but t is still in line with, this being a simulation, and we can control the ride.
edit on 24-3-2019 by DrumsRfun because:
  • The use of ALL CAPS

• posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 08:53 AM
    link   
    a reply to: OOOOOO

I never understood the whole long white beard thing.

Clearly God is a woman.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 08:54 AM
    link   
    The go to explanation, at the moment, yes, there was a single creator. It's name was "The Big Bang" and it was a long, long, long time ago. Go figure.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 08:55 AM
    link   
    a reply to: Sillyolme
    Would't they be a godess then?

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 08:55 AM
    link   

No. I don't.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 08:56 AM
    link   

I actually met a guy who believed its all a hoax and that dinosaur bones were implanted and the 'world' was created much more recently.

Hey for all you know it was created seconds ago, like a VR game.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:00 AM
    link   
    Are you saying that we have only had PEZ for six thousand years ? Inconceivable..

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:01 AM
    link   

Do You Think It's Possible,The Universe Is Only 6000 Years Old

Time is relative ...

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:03 AM
    link   
    I think there is room for a creator still.
    I don't for a moment believe the earth, let alone the universe is 6 thousand years old.

The most likely explanation for me, is people wrote the Bible in its various forms and that those people were, like the rest of us fallible.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:20 AM
    link   
    The universe being a hologram or simulation is even more farcical than the flat earth theory or creationism.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:21 AM
    link   

Where exactly did you get the 6000 years idea? Are those "Earth years" ? I don't think so. By the way, that biblical concept of 7 days creation is a misinterpretation obviously.

Also your vision of God is limited. Why do you think a God with the power to create a Universe is retrained by your poor mortal concept of time.

If you could create a Universe you could bend time too for sure.

One last thing, living trying to figure out how old is the Universe instead of enjoying it is a waste of time. The answer won't fit in your head.
    edit on 24-3-2019 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:32 AM
    link   

Some scholars propose that Genesis 1:2 can or should be translated “Now the earth became without form, and void …”

www.ucg.org/bible-study-tools/booklets/creation-or-evolution-does-it-really-matter-what-you-believe/earths-age-does-the-bible-indicate-a-time-interval -between-the-first-and-second-verses-of-genesis

Yet this interpretation that the earth “became” waste and void has been discussed for close to 2,000 years, as pointed out by the late Arthur Custance in his book Without Form and Void: A Study of the Meaning of Genesis 1:2 .

The earliest known recorded controversy on this point can be attributed to Jewish sages at the beginning of the second century.

The Hebrew scholars who wrote the Targum of Onkelos, the earliest of the Aramaic paraphrases of the Old Testament, rendered Genesis 1:2 with an Aramaic expression Dr. Custance translates as “and the earth was laid waste” (1988, p. 15). The original language evidently led them to understand that something had occurred which had “laid waste” the earth, and they interpreted this as a destruction.

The early Catholic theologian Origen (186-254), in his commentary De Principiis, explains regarding Genesis 1:2 that the original earth had been “cast downwards” ( Ante-Nicene Fathers, 1917, p. 342).

In the Middle Ages the Flemish scholar Hugo St. Victor (1097-1141) wrote about Genesis 1:2, “Perhaps enough has already been debated about these matters thus far, if we add only this, ‘how long did the world remain in this disorder before the regular re-ordering … of it was taken in hand?’ ( De Sacramentis Christianae Fidei, Book 1, part 1, chapter 6).

Other medieval scholars, such as Dionysius Peavius and Pererius, also considered that there was an interval of time between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:33 AM
    link   
    Is there a physical thing, an evidence that shows vehemently that it came from the very beginning of the universe and is not older than 6000 years?
    Because there are a lot of evidences and things that are much older. A god would have had to fake a lot of things, finely webbed into another, to emulate the older age of nearly 14 billion years.

Only one religion wants the universe to be young and I have not seen any evidence for this.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:37 AM
    link   
    Which evolved first...the mouth, the stomach, the digestive fluids, or the ability of the body to get rid of waste?

The Chicken or the egg?

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:39 AM
    link   
    I'm a protestant Christian. I read the Bible. I believe in God.

Even I know the universe is more than 6000 year old. Literal translation of the Bible is a phenomenon that is no more than 200 years old. Prior to that, people had the common sense to understand that the Old Testament was based on oral tradition & allegories. Many people still do.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:40 AM
    link   
    People who believe in the religion of the Big Bang are zealots . Then again, Kaley Cuzco could probably have me following anything she wants, so I understand

A simulated universe is more of a mathematical possibility then the Big Bang. Heck, our tech is almost there.

Example: You put plate techtonics in a sim game and have a mountain range with a forest around it. The science of Plate techtonics states that the mountain is older than the trees, but they both came on line at the same time.

Oils this simulation be 6,000 years, absolutely

Then there is also multiple, multiple dimensions theories, and my favorite: time travel.

If someone KNOWS have the universe started, they are practicing their religion and showing you their faith
    If someone has an opinion on how the universe started, they are showing you their open mind and their scientific principles

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:45 AM
    link   

Without Form And Void is also spoken of as "destroyed or laid waste" in Jeremiah 4

“For my people are foolish; they know me not; they are stupid children; they have no understanding. They are ‘wise’—in doing evil! But how to do good they know not.”

I looked on the earth, and behold, it was without form and void; and to the heavens, and they had no light.

I looked on the mountains, and behold, they were quaking, and all the hills moved to and fro.

I looked, and behold, there was no man, and all the birds of the air had fled.

I looked, and behold, the fruitful land was a desert, and all its cities were laid in ruins before the LORD, before his fierce anger.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:56 AM
    link   

The Latter Day Saints I use to know had a interesting explanation for the 6000 year and dinosaur conundrum. They told me that God made the Earth from other planets and the fossils we find are remnants from those planets. It all depends on who you ask, but of course it doesn't make it the truth.

I'm leaning toward the human civilization being tens of thousands of years old, we have endured cataclysms that have erased our history by almost wiping humans off the planet. One of those restart times may have been around 6000 years ago, but so far findings are placing it closer to 10 - 12 thousand years from evidence of a celestial impact in Greenland, presumably a meteor. It probably caused global flooding and set man back to the start, yet again. We can only guess how many times this has happened before and every time it is like the world is anew. Everything would decay to time and within a thousand years we would only have stone structures and legends to remember the civilizations before.
    edit on 24-3-2019 by TheLieWeLive because: spleling

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:57 AM
    link   

Not a chance. Zero, zilch, nada.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:00 AM
    link   

Actually there's scientific support for it. First you have to understand that what science refers to as a year and what people referred to as a year are two different things, or rather a geologic year is not the same as one trip for the earth around the sun.

Then it is possible to see how geologic time could be the equivalent of billions of years while the earth has only traveled6000 times around the sun.

Einstein's special theory of relativity postulates that time dilates depending on the compression or stretching of space. This is supported by the atomic clock experiments.

If since the origin of the universe space is finite and had simply stretched then towards the beginning time would have moved very slowly and as it expands more it would move faster.

This also explains red shift and blue shift without resorting to contrived science like dark matter because it would mean that it is time that is moving faster not that the universe is accelerating in its expansion.

This would also explain why it appears that the universe is expanding at ftl in some instances, it's not it's just time is moving faster in those locations so light appears to move faster.

This is a perfect illustration of the limitations of science, scientists will come up with all kinds of crap to support their paradigm and not be wrong and to get and keep grants for continuing their work.

Jaden

P. S. I'm not saying that I believe it's only 6000 years old, I'm just saying to outright dismiss it is the act of a fool, or someone who simply hates God.
    edit on 24-3-2019 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join