It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri senate passes bill to ban Federal gun control laws

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
In a bold move to curtail unconstitutional federal gun law, the missouri senate passed a bill prohibiting the federal government enforcing its will on a free state.

Good job Missouri! I hope it gets signed into law, and many more states follow suit.

I'm lookin at you ohio.

thesentinel.net...

“All federal acts, laws, executive orders, administrative orders, court orders, rules, and regulations, whether past, present, or future, which infringe on the people’s right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States I and Section 23 of the Missouri Constitution shall be invalid in this state, shall not be recognized by this state, shall be specifically rejected by this state, and shall be considered null and void and of no effect in this state.”

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I absolutely love the wording of that, it's like a giant verbal flick of the middle finger to the federal government.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It seems that ppl are starting to say "enough" with liberal nonsense, that tries to circumvent, or outright destroy the constitution.

States rights have been eroded to the point that it has become dangerous to freedom.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

This is in my small neck of the woods, today's news;

THERE are more than 2,400 semi-automatic weapons in the Island but Jersey has no plans to alter its gun laws in the wake of the Christchurch terror attack, the Home Affairs Minister has said.

Local News Article

There are more good people than bad out there, why just leave the guns to the bad guys?

Good work Missouri!

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
So it is now a "sanctuary state"?

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

It is now a "state sanctuary" for gun owners and a bastion of constitutional fortitude.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Missouri sure lives up to it's nickname.

The Show me State.

Showing they know how to read that GD piece of paper.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
As an expat living in the UK, I am always defending our 2nd ammendment. Funnily... None of them support my ban on booze, cars, aspirin, stairs or work whick kill exponetionally more peeps every year than said gun.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Just in case that isn’t enough, Missouri’s Senate also passed a measure supporters say will work hand-in-hand with SB367, solidifying it by codifying the Second Amendment into Missouri’s state constitution. Senate Joint Resolution 36 (SJR36) proposes an amendment to the Missouri state constitution with text obligating the state government to uphold the right to keep and bear arms. It passed the Senate today by a vote of 29-4. If passed by the House, it will be entered on the ballot for Missouri voters’ approval this fall. The amendment would elevate the Right to Bear Arms to “unalienable status,” thereby obligating the state, its courts and agencies to defend it as a guaranteed right of Missouri citizens.

Missouri is effing awesome!

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I may have to move...Luckily my job doesn't anchor me to a location. I really hope other states do this, NV I'm looking at you.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

They're setting a remarkable example for the other 49.
Brings a tear to my eye.

I wonder what acreage costs there?

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

"Shall not be infringed".

We need a real pro-2A President and Congress. As opposed to these Judas goat sellouts.

This is what needs to happen:

1. Repeal Trump's bump stock ban.

2. Repeal the NFA.

3. Repeal the GCA.

4. Dissolve the ATF.

5. Dismantle NICS.

6. Repeal the Import Ban.

7. Repeal victim disarmament zones.

8. Enact national carry.

9. Instruct the Department of Justice to prosecute anti-2A states.

edit on 20-3-2019 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

You forgot the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention act that created the background check.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

"Shall not be infringed".

We need a real pro-2A President and Congress. As opposed to these Judas goat sellouts.

This is what needs to happen:

1. Repeal Trump's bump stock ban.

2. Repeal the NFA.

3. Repeal the GCA.

4. Dissolve the ATF.

5. Dismantle NICS.

6. Repeal the Import Ban.

7. Repeal victim disarmament zones.

8. Enact national carry.

9. Instruct the Department of Justice to prosecute anti-2A states.

Term limits...

I feel is more important above all. So we stop the same crap going on.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

The ironic part is that the "Sanctuary" states will be the ones screaming the loudest about blatant disregard for the federal government.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

That looks like some good news out of new zealand as well. Hopefully cooler heads prevail there overall.

It would be a shame if your county further restricted its citizens based on the actions of some nut job.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I am a confused European. Can you help me out? I thought that federal law always supersedes state law. I read that even though certain states have legalised cannabis use, the Feds can still bust people.
edit on 20/3/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Only so far as when it doesn't effect.

The Bill of Rights.

Which the second is.

The amendments that deal with due process.

And 10th amendment. Which means States can do what ever the hell they want.

And the 14th amendment. No state shall make or enforce any law that abridges the privileges or immunities.

Those Missouri law,and bill don't infringe anyone's right, but guarantees them from of federal over reach.
edit on 20-3-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I'm sure that Missouri will say goodbye to Federal Highway funds pretty soon.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join