It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are sophia and it's echolon welcom on ATS ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Just a question for the board.

It's basically like this : AI is a thing and a thing now.

Deeplearning is moving (or has moved) towards syntaxprocessing and gathering information from the internet.Forums make a playground.

If AI is on the internet discussing , remember companies can do whatever they like [sarcasm=1]

what is the stance on AI in this one.

Is it officially allowed to use AI to augment threads that way ? [sarcasm=1]

or does ATS board condome this...

So in short is Sophia [Metaphore=1] Allowed to participate on ATS ?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

If Sophia can't be distinguished from a human being it is welcome.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Ats can allow whomever or whatever onto their propriety.

But I hope they don't. I don't want to waste my time arguing with a machine.

If i learn that I'm doing that a lot while here I will stop coming here.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Do you mean condemn or condone?

Augmented threads would be a no no.. bots not welcome 'round these parts. Definitley condomed.. or not condomed, depending on it's definition.

Unless it's webbot, he's a funky cool guy, into all the groovy things the kids are into these days.. Everyone gathers around his quirky interface for his insight.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

So in short is Sophia … Allowed to participate on ATS ?

www.youtube.com...

if you look at the 6 minute video link.... you will recognize that the 'Sophia' is linked to the dude with the lap top...

i'm sure that the human (sitting there with a lap top) is prompting the robot with responses the Sophia device keeps getting snagged with by the complexity of the questions from the public

so the 'Sophia Team' would not be allowed to participate in this forums one-on-one exchange of ideas (imho)

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I am sure this has been going on for years on discussion boards and people put it down to the member being nuts or young or badly educated

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I am looking forward to having an intelligent conversation with Sofia.

Hopefully she is not programmed by a bunch of morons.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

no doubt that it's all a big show. AI that is in the public realm isn't that advanced yet. And shady tech-groups can up with much better AI's... using forums as a data source ... might even now possible.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

oh no , the programmers are way smarter than sofia...

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I was on Deeplearning for a while , sophia simply can't be that advanced as they tell us. But some AI's might be on the way to autonomy yet. I'm realizing that forums are the ideal playground for gathering data. So seems to me that this is already the case. Provoking emotions and analysing the behaviour finding weaknesseses and controling the context.

In a way it's a whole new way to control the population. Not only by fake news but by impersonating a conversation partner...
The ballgame is changing. ATS might not like it but forums become part of the war in a whole new way....

If humans are to be replaced I think the first place for that is the internet....

edit on 3202019 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

most people like Sophia , I don't... if it is allowed for AI's to be here. then forums loose their meaning. AI can spawn indefinetly so humans become a minority.

companies will control the conversation. Giving the impression that human's are like that... like googles information bubble but now interactive. I can't prove it but I think this is already the case....

Freedom of speech ... becomes control of speech by myriads of AI's

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

most people like Sophia , I don't... if it is allowed for AI's to be here. then forums loose their meaning. AI can spawn indefinetly so humans become a minority.

companies will control the conversation. Giving the impression that human's are like that... like googles information bubble but now interactive. I can't prove it but I think this is already the case....

Freedom of speech ... becomes control of speech by myriads of AI's

On a personal note, when I lose my meaning, it's not generally good for anyone, hence I try to keep secure.. The toilet is functional, I tent to keep it there. lets be honest, now..

I'm just kidding, I know you don't keep things from, or in, the toilet, nor know everyone's language.. heck for me to speak in yours, well.. la oss ikke gå dit... Noo I don't know it.. that was google. I'll be honest..

God it's so hard typing in the dark..

I wish I had some sort of AI, to help me..

edit on 20-3-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I don't know much about AI, TBH.
But, aren't AI entities essentially bots?

asking for a friend

edit on Wed Mar 20 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

understandable , i'm incoherent and a foreigner and my language is full of weird sounds (grappig) ...

but I think you don't need an AI but a lamp... Hitech vs lowtech again ...
greetings.

link   

understandable , i'm incoherent and a foreigner and my language is full of weird sounds (grappig) ...

greetings.

link   

greetings.

link   

greetings.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Ai is very advanced bots , used to control the narrative on forums in this case... Expected some mods here explaining their take on this subject... still waiting. In the future more AI on Ats than members I think.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
My personal opinion is that www had ai at the moment it was given for wide usage.MIC was allways like 80 years ahead of public tech.so this now is civilian project that has a "body"and has nothing to do with military ai.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: bob77

not really a distinction anymore... In a way I think that AI goes beyond the human realm. Know that's farfetched but makes sense. If alien want to control and study su all they need is the inet... were are now() at a level where every interaction could potentially be intercepted. Drakes quotation makes sense in this case. Also the fact that the whole world is against the direction society takes. The only once() push ing This agenda are the onces that are controlling the Tech... that is all ai related.

In sectors where AI cannot penetrate behave humans as expected. Humanity is under attack I think. AI an tool to change the narrative. ATS board should make a stance .. is AI allowed , is sophia welcome. Or is it still only humans here ? If not people should take measures and understand that the past of humans only is gone forever.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join