It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mesoamerica, Geopolymer in South-American monuments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
www.geopolymer.org...

New techniques are being used like ground penetrating radar, tunnels discovered and topography exposed. Prior, the abundant plant life and tree canopy all but obscured it, thus it stayed hidden. Now the questions come in a different form.. where did the material for these monoliths come from? And in some cases there is no answer, no quarry, no region native to the component stone used. How were the supposed quarried stones moved, and in some cases to places high up in the Mountains? Extra Terrestrials ? Giants ? Levitation ? Machu Picchu comes to mind.

Well some think they have found the answer...

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Well some think they have found the answer...

It might help explain how those folks at places like Puma Punku were able to make such nice sharp right angles in rocks without leaving gouging marks. But wouldn't there also be evidence around of rock crushing and concrete mixing nearby? A gravel processing center leaves very telltale remnants.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It all came from the ocean. Sharks with freakin laser beams attached to their heads carved out all the pieces. Then sea turtles carried them to shore.

edit on 12-3-2019 by willzilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

www.ancientpages.com...

Oh it's been a while.

Some have suggested that they were able to melt the rock and then reharden it via chemical process.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

It would also explain the so called "arrow rock" at Puma Punku, which suggests a mold was used when the stone was still soft. Ewald Schuster highlights the extreme difficulties in getting such a result through chiselling alone and provides a replica in cement using a wooden mold. The result is interesting to say the least:

Link to full text with lots of photos

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The flood destroyed the history that would explain quite a bit , We were far more advanced in the past Pangaea was populated our historical time line is way off in some if not most cases .
edit on 3/12/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
One of the speakers at the ancient artifact preservation society who visited down there talked about that polymer used on the stones down there maybe six or seven years ago. They already identified it as man made but some archeologists would not accept that they could make rocks thousands of years ago. They were trying to figure how to make the polymer last I read on that subject, they could get one similar but not exact. They keep those places kind of away from tourists and many archeologists. The person I had talked to got permission to see them for a few days but had did not give him much time to do any digging or anything. He had lots of pictures.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Some believe our ancient ancestors (human) were highly technological and have a mental picture of an advanced human civilization forever ago..

I dont follow that script; but the ancestors were masters of stone building and carving. They had a technological gift when crafting stone.

Things get weird when articles like in the OP say "there is no quarry or geological area that match the make up of these rocks".. so we get more questions like "where did the rocky-matierals come from? How did they transport? How did they soften the stone to cut perfect 90° angles?".

Its ashame global catastrophe has wiped away much evidence and pieces to the human puzzle.

Though I believe presently we are at the apex of OUR technological advancement in human history. I also believe humanities origins are from another race, not of Earth, which are far more superior on an intellectual and technological level.

If humanity was "seeded" on Earth by a more advanced species, that therefore would be our "parents" so to speak, it would explain why many have this feeling, mental picture or even dreams of a previously technological civilization.

Also explain gaps from the monkeys swinging on trees, to a standing straight species that builds Giza Plateau, and many more astonishing structures of ancient time.

Or riding horse and carriage, to landing on the moon and sending probes and rovers to other worlds.

As rocks can resonate a memory, so does our human genetics. I think the answers are inside of us, and digging through the past will open our eyes to the future, where we ultimately reach our destiny back to the stars.

Appreciate the people who do archeological work in sifting through the sands to understand our origins and ancient ways of life.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Reminds of a story I read a long long time ago..

If memory serves me correct....

The story had to do with a certain type of bird that was known to nest in sheer rock faces...the birds had made holes in the rock to create a nesting place.

A person who had been studying the birds, noticed that they would periodically bring a leaf and rub it on the rock before pecking their way into a new home.

I always remembered that story and wondered if the birds were aware of a certain plant excretion that would soften stone to the point they could work it.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
There is a thread about this way back . Something to do with a certain bird and some berries. They nested in granite cliffs and were able carve out holes for nesting.

grahamhancock.com...,989085,989085

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

It is from the 'Journey to the Lost City of Z'. This is from a 2011 thread...

.. Talking of birds, all through the Peruvian and Bolivian Montana is to be found a small bird like a kingfisher, which makes its nest in neat round holes in the rocky escarpment above the river. These holes can plainly be seen, but are not usually accessible, and strangely enough they are found only where the birds are present. I once expressed surprise that they were lucky enough to find nesting-holes conveniently placed for them, and so neatly hollowed out - as though with a drill. "They make the holes themselves." The words were spoken by a man who had spent a quarter of a century in the forests. "I've seen how they do it, many a time. I've watched, I have, and seen the birds come to the cliff with leaves of some sort in their beaks, and cling to the rock like woodpeckers to a tree while they rubbed the leaves in a circular motion over the surface. Then they would fly off, and come back with more leaves, and carry on with the rubbing process. After three or four repetitions they dropped the leaves and started pecking at the place with their sharp beaks, and - here's the marvellous part - they would soon open out a round hole in the stone. Then off they'd go again, and go through the rubbing process with leaves several times before continuing to peck. It took several days, but finally they had opened out holes deep enough to contain their nests. I've climbed up and taken a look at them, and, believe me, a man couldn't drill a neater hole!" "Do you mean to say that the bird's beak can penetrate solid rock?" "A woodpecker's beak penetrates solid wood, doesn't it? ...No, I don't think the bird can get through solid rock. I believe, as everyone who has watched them believes, that those birds know of a leaf with juice that can soften up rock till it's like wet clay."

The plant that softens stone
edit on 12-3-2019 by TheLieWeLive because: added more info

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
So, now we get to pretend that Geologists can't identify stone.

Harte

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Obviously the methodology is a puzzler but, not knowing enough on the subject, I am interested in the reasoning behind the design and function of the blocks at Puma Punku.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

From what I gather, it's not so much the stone but the organic material inside the stone, which is apparently unusual to find deep in volcanic rock since it tends to get burned up and stuff. There may be some problem with it being from samples that are not taken directly from the stones in situ, but from similar "unprotected" material nearby. It will be interesting to see if they can get some dating done on it.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown
Obviously the methodology is a puzzler but, not knowing enough on the subject, I am interested in the reasoning behind the design and function of the blocks at Puma Punku.

I always assumed it was for some kind of temple/market, and the carved niches were originally filled with something else. Gold objects? Skulls of their enemies? Flowers? Who knows? The site itself sits in an agricultural area close to a mountain range, so miners and farmers could get together and trade at a convenient location.

Or space ships landed on it.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

From what I gather, it's not so much the stone but the organic material inside the stone, which is apparently unusual to find deep in volcanic rock since it tends to get burned up and stuff. There may be some problem with it being from samples that are not taken directly from the stones in situ, but from similar "unprotected" material nearby. It will be interesting to see if they can get some dating done on it.

Do you know what organic means?
It means carbon, primarily.
Carbon can be found in almost anything.

It's not pollen, it's not gnats, it's not plants, squirrels or mice.

It's just carbon, one of the most abundant elements on the planet.

Harte

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Carbon can be found in almost anything.

Yes, yes. Did you read the report?

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Yes.
Have you looked into this at all?

Although carbon-based lavas, known as carbonatites, are found throughout history, the Oldoinyo Lengai volcano, located in the East African Rift in northern Tanzania, is the only place on Earth where they are actively erupting.

www.sciencedaily.com...

Harte

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Also, from the lined article:

The giant blocks of red sandstone raise another problem. Sandstone is a sedimentary rock composed of quartz grains and a clay binder. There are several possible geological sources but none correspond to the stones of the archaeological monuments. No known quarry is able to provide massive blocks of 10 meters long. In addition, the local stone is friable and small in size. Scientists have discovered under the electron microscope that the red sandstone of Pumapunku cannot come from the region because it contains elements, such as sodium carbonate, not found in the local geology.

Are we to believe that there is NO incident of exposed sandstone in the region large enough to use to quarry a 10 meter stone?

Also, the "quarries" referred to here are actually just places where weathering has caused sandstone to fracture into various sized pieces. There are no sandstone "quarries" in the region, under the normal usage of the term.

Harte

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Not for nothing.....but the gaps in our species developments aren't that surprising. You referenced the global catastrophe that wiped out such knowledge as stone softening by excellent craftsman. The same happened with humans---many branches wiped out. For all we know the missing links are all sitting against the continental shelf from the last ice age ELE

I really don't buy into the alien fancy. Not that aliens can't exist---its just romantic to think of all the forms of life on our planet one similar to our level of sophistication---or far greater---will be found. Life is a broad term. As for visions of past civilizations----wellllll I used to dream I was on the run from Al Capaone as a kid. He would always end up shooting me with a Tommy gun when i dove into a pool to get away from him. I didn't think I must've been a Chicago Gangster during the prohibition---I just had seen the Untouchables enough to bleed into my active imagination.

top topics

join